Hurricane Mitch and the Livelihoods of the Rural Poor in Honduras
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hentschel, Jesko & Waters, William F. & Vandever Webb, Anna Kathryn, 1996. "Rural poverty in Ecuador : a qualitative assessment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1576, The World Bank.
- Grosh, Margaret E, 1997. "The Policymaking Uses of Multitopic Household Survey Data: A Primer," World Bank Research Observer, World Bank Group, vol. 12(2), pages 137-160, August.
- Jesko Hentschel, 1999. "Contextuality and data collection methods: A framework and application to health service utilisation," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(4), pages 64-94.
- Mckinley, Terry & Alarcon, Diana, 1995. "The prevalence of rural poverty in Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 23(9), pages 1575-1585, September.
- Lanjouw, Peter, 1999. "Rural Nonagricultural Employment and Poverty in Ecuador," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 48(1), pages 91-122, October.
- Bebbington, Anthony, 1999. "Capitals and Capabilities: A Framework for Analyzing Peasant Viability, Rural Livelihoods and Poverty," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(12), pages 2021-2044, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Carter & Peter Little & Tewodaj Mogues & Workneh Negatu, 2005.
"Shocks, Sensitivity and Resilience: Tracking the Economic Impacts of Environmental Disaster on Assets in Ethiopia and Honduras,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Carter, Michael R. & Little, Peter D. & Mogues, Tewodaj & Negatu, Workneh, 2005. "Shocks, Sensitivity and Resilience: Tracking the Economic Impacts of Environmental Disaster on Assets in Ethiopia and Honduras," Staff Paper Series 489, University of Wisconsin, Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Carter, Michael R. & Little, Peter D. & Mogues, Tewodaj & Negatu, Workneh, 2006. "Shocks, sensitivity and resilience: tracking the economic impacts of environmental disaster on assets in Ethiopia and Honduras," DSGD discussion papers 32, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Luca Marchiori & Ingmar Schumacher, 2011.
"When nature rebels: international migration, climate change, and inequality,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 24(2), pages 569-600, April.
- Luca Marchiori & Ingmar Schumacher, 2009. "When nature rebels: international migration, climate change and inequality," Working Papers hal-00358759, HAL.
- Carter, Michael R. & Little, Peter D. & Mogues, Tewodaj & Negatu, Workneh, 2007. "Poverty Traps and Natural Disasters in Ethiopia and Honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 35(5), pages 835-856, May.
- Marco Castillo & Michael Carter, 2011. "Behavioral Responses to Natural Disasters," Working Papers 1026, George Mason University, Interdisciplinary Center for Economic Science.
- Noy, Ilan & Karim, Azreen, 2013. "Poverty, inequality and natural disasters â€“ A survey," Working Paper Series 2974, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Morris, Saul S. & Wodon, Quentin, 2003. "The Allocation of Natural Disaster Relief Funds: Hurricane Mitch in Honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1279-1289, July.
- World Bank, 2005. "Shocks and Social Protection : Lessons from the Central American Coffee Crisis, Volume 1, Synthesis of Findings and Implications for Policy," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8435, The World Bank.
- Takasaki, Yoshito, 2011. "Do the Commons Help Augment Mutual Insurance Among the Poor?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 429-438, March.
- Azreen Karim & Ilan Noy, 2016. "Poverty and Natural Disasters: A Meta-Regression Analysis," Review of Economics and Institutions, Università di Perugia, vol. 7(2).
- Kugler, Adriana & Yuksel, Mutlu, 2008.
"Effects of Low-Skilled Immigration on U.S. Natives: Evidence from Hurricane Mitch,"
IZA Discussion Papers
3670, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Adriana Kugler & Mutlu Yuksel, 2008. "Effects of Low-Skilled Immigration on U.S. Natives: Evidence from Hurricane Mitch," NBER Working Papers 14293, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Adriana Kugler & Mutlu Yuksel, 2008. "Effects of Low-Skilled Immigration on U.S. Natives: Evidence from Hurricane Mitch," CReAM Discussion Paper Series 0809, Centre for Research and Analysis of Migration (CReAM), Department of Economics, University College London.
- Karim, Azreen & Noy, Ilan, 2014. "Poverty and natural disasters: A meta-analysis," Working Paper Series 3234, Victoria University of Wellington, School of Economics and Finance.
- Sirikarn Lertamphainont & Robert Sparrow, 2016. "The Economic Impacts of Extreme Rainfall Events on Farming Households: Evidence from Thailand," PIER Discussion Papers 45, Puey Ungphakorn Institute for Economic Research, revised Oct 2016.
- repec:bla:devpol:v:35:y:2017:i:1:p:65-91 is not listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2005. "Shocks and Social Protection : Lessons from the Central American Coffee Crisis, Volume 2, Detailed Country Cases," World Bank Other Operational Studies 8434, The World Bank.
- Azreen Karim & Ilan Noy, 2016. "Poverty And Natural Disasters — A Qualitative Survey Of The Empirical Literature," The Singapore Economic Review (SER), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 61(01), pages 1-36, March.
- McSweeney, Kendra, 2005. "Natural insurance, forest access, and compounded misfortune: Forest resources in smallholder coping strategies before and after Hurricane Mitch, northeastern Honduras," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(9), pages 1453-1471, September.
- Fabien Prieur & Ingmar Schumacher, 2016.
"The role of conflict for optimal climate and immigration policy,"
2016.27, FAERE - French Association of Environmental and Resource Economists.
- Prieur, Fabien & Schumacher, Ingmar, 2016. "The role of conflict for optimal climate and immigration policy," TSE Working Papers 16-663, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
- Alejandro de la Fuente, 2007. "Climate Shocks and their Impact on Assets," Human Development Occasional Papers (1992-2007) HDOCPA-2007-23, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Tran, Van Q., 2015. "Household's coping strategies and recoveries from shocks in Vietnam," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 15-29.
- Jansen, Hans G.P. & Siegel, Paul B. & Pichón, Francisco, 2005. "Identifying the drivers of sustainable rural growth and poverty reduction in Honduras," DSGD discussion papers 19, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:wdevel:v:30:y:2002:i:1:p:49-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/worlddev .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .