Measuring the technical efficiency of airports in Latin America
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gillen, David & Lall, Ashish, 1997. "Developing measures of airport productivity and performance: an application of data envelopment analysis," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 261-273, December.
- Oum, Tae H. & Yan, Jia & Yu, Chunyan, 2008.
"Ownership forms matter for airport efficiency: A stochastic frontier investigation of worldwide airports,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(2), pages 422-435, September.
- Oum, Tae H. & Yan, Jia & Yu, Chunyan, 2009. "Ownership Forms Matter for Airport Efficiency: A Stochastic Frontier Investigation of Worldwide Airports," 50th Annual Transportation Research Forum, Portland, Oregon, March 16-18, 2009 207604, Transportation Research Forum.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 2007. "Estimation and inference in two-stage, semi-parametric models of production processes," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 136(1), pages 31-64, January.
- Fare, Rolf & Shawna Grosskopf & Mary Norris & Zhongyang Zhang, 1994. "Productivity Growth, Technical Progress, and Efficiency Change in Industrialized Countries," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 66-83, March.
- Simar, Leopold & Wilson, Paul W., 1999. "Estimating and bootstrapping Malmquist indices," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 459-471, June.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana & Dieke, Peter U.C., 2008. "Measuring the economic efficiency of airports: A Simar-Wilson methodology analysis," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(6), pages 1039-1051, November.
- Pels, Eric & Nijkamp, Peter & Rietveld, Piet, 2001. "Relative efficiency of European airports," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 183-192, July.
- Léopold Simar & Paul W. Wilson, 1998.
"Sensitivity Analysis of Efficiency Scores: How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models,"
INFORMS, vol. 44(1), pages 49-61, January.
- SIMAR, Léopold & WILSON, Paul, 1995. "Sensitivity Analysis to Efficiency Scores : How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models," CORE Discussion Papers 1995043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "Sensitivity analysis of efficiency scores: how to bootstrap in nonparametric frontier models," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1304, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Malcolm Abbott & Su Wu, 2002. "Total Factor Productivity and Efficiency of Australian Airports," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 35(3), pages 244-260.
- Barros, Carlos Pestana, 2008. "Technical efficiency of UK airports," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 175-178.
- Fung, Michael Ka Yiu & Wan, Ken Kai Hong & Hui, Yer Van & Law, Japhet Sebastian, 2008. "Productivity changes in Chinese airports 1995-2004," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 521-542, May.
- Fernandes, Elton & Pacheco, R. R., 2002. "Efficient use of airport capacity," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 225-238, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zhang, Anming & Czerny, Achim I., 2012. "Airports and airlines economics and policy: An interpretive review of recent research," Economics of Transportation, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 15-34.
- Antonio Estache & Caroline Philippe, 2012. "The Impact of Private Participation in Infrastructure in Developing Countries: Taking Stock of about 20 Years of Experience," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2012-043, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:2:p:400-:d:130171 is not listed on IDEAS
- Augustyniak, Wojciech & LÃ³pez-Torres, Laura & Kalinowski, SÅ‚awomir, 2015. "Performance of Polish regional airports after accessing the European Union: Does liberalisation impact on airports' efficiency?," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 11-19.
- Chris Aulich & Mark Hughes, 2013. "Privatizing Australian Airports: Ownership, Divestment and Financial Performance," Public Organization Review, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 175-184, June.
- Bilotkach, Volodymyr & Mueller, Juergen, 2012. "Supply side substitutability and potential market power of airports: Case of Amsterdam Schiphol," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 5-12.
- Pavlyuk, Dmitry, 2012. "Airport Benchmarking and Spatial Competition: a Critical Review," MPRA Paper 43391, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Martín, Juan Carlos & Rodríguez-Déniz, Héctor & Voltes-Dorta, Augusto, 2013. "Determinants of airport cost flexibility in a context of economic recession," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 70-84.
- See, Kok Fong & Li, Fei, 2015. "Total factor productivity analysis of the UK airport industry: A Hicks-Moorsteen index method," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 1-10.
- Voltes-Dorta, Augusto & Pagliari, Romano, 2012. "The impact of recession on airports' cost efficiency," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 211-222.
- James A. Adeniran & Binuyo O. Adekunle, 2016. "Is Service Quality a Correlate of Customer Satisfaction? Evidence from Nigerian Airports," International Journal of Marketing Studies, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 8(6), pages 128-140, December.
- Volodymyr Bilotkach & Joseph Clougherty & Juergen Mueller & Anming Zhang, 2012.
"Regulation, privatization, and airport charges: panel data evidence from European airports,"
Journal of Regulatory Economics,
Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 73-94, August.
- Bilotkach, Volodymyr & Clougherty, Joseph A. & Mueller, Juergen & Zhang, Anming, 2011. "Regulation, Privatization, and Airport Charges: Panel Data Evidence from European Airports," CEPR Discussion Papers 8618, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kan Tsui, Wai Hong & Balli, Hatice Ozer & Gilbey, Andrew & Gow, Hamish, 2014. "Operational efficiency of Asiaâ€“Pacific airports," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 16-24.
- Zhang, Baocheng & Wu, Hao & Yang, Xinsheng & Zhai, Wenpeng & Xia, Qingjun & Li, Yafei, 2014. "An estimation of returns to scale of airport airsides under multiple optimal solutions in DEA," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 149-156.
- Pavlyuk, Dmitry, 2016. "Implication of spatial heterogeneity for airports' efficiency estimation," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(C), pages 15-24.
- Coto-MillÃ¡n, Pablo & Casares-HontaÃ±Ã³n, Pedro & Inglada, Vicente & AgÃ¼eros, Manuel & Pesquera, Miguel Ã ngel & Badiola, Alfonso, 2014. "Small is beautiful? The impact of economic crisis, low cost carriers, and size on efficiency in Spanish airports (2009â€“2011)," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 34-41.
- Vogel, Hans-Arthur & Graham, Anne, 2013. "Devising airport groupings for financial benchmarking," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 32-38.
- Wanke, Peter & Barros, C.P. & Nwaogbe, Obioma R., 2016. "Assessing productive efficiency in Nigerian airports using Fuzzy-DEA," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 9-19.
More about this item
KeywordsAirports and Air Services; Transport Economics Policy&Planning; Infrastructure Economics; Export Competitiveness; Knowledge for Development;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-06-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-EFF-2010-06-26 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-URE-2010-06-26 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5339. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .