Regulation, Privatization, and Airport Charges: Panel Data Evidence from European Airports
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Volodymyr Bilotkach & Joseph Clougherty & Juergen Mueller & Anming Zhang, 2012. "Regulation, privatization, and airport charges: panel data evidence from European airports," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 42(1), pages 73-94, August.
References listed on IDEAS
- David Starkie, 2001. "Reforming UK Airport Regulation," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 35(1), pages 119-135, January.
- Lindsay, Cotton M, 1976. "A Theory of Government Enterprise," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(5), pages 1061-1077, October.
- Kim, E Han & Singal, Vijay, 1993. "Mergers and Market Power: Evidence from the Airline Industry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 549-569, June.
- Hangjun Yang & Anming Zhang, 2011. "Price-cap regulation of congested airports," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 293-312, June.
- Severin Borenstein, 1989. "Hubs and High Fares: Dominance and Market Power in the U.S. Airline Industry," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 20(3), pages 344-365, Autumn.
- Ian Jones & Ivan Viehoff & Phillipa Marks, 1993. "The economics of airport slots," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 14(4), pages 37-57, November.
- Jan K. Brueckner, 2002. "Airport Congestion When Carriers Have Market Power," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1357-1375, December.
- Niemeier, Hans-Martin, 2002. "Regulation of airports: the case of Hamburg airportâ€”a view from the perspective of regional policy," Journal of Air Transport Management, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 37-48.
- Anming Zhang & Yimin Zhang & Joseph A. Clougherty, 2011. "Competition and Regulation in Air Transport," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 35 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Tae Hoon Oum & Anming Zhang & Yimin Zhang, 2004. "Alternative Forms of Economic Regulation and their Efficiency Implications for Airports," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 38(2), pages 217-246, May.
- Leonardo J. Basso & Anming Zhang, 2008. "Sequential peak-load pricing: the case of airports and airlines," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 41(3), pages 1087-1119, August.
- Oum, Tae Hoon & Yu, Chunyan, 2004. "Measuring airports' operating efficiency: a summary of the 2003 ATRS global airport benchmarking report," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 515-532, November.
- Zhang, Anming & Zhang, Yimin, 2003. "Airport charges and capacity expansion: effects of concessions and privatization," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 54-75, January.
- Achim Czerny, 2006. "Price-cap Regulation of Airports: Single-till Versus Dual-till," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 85-97, July.
- Van Dender, Kurt, 2007. "Determinants of fares and operating revenues at US airports," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 317-336, September.
- Zhang, Anming & Zhang, Yimin, 1997. "Concession revenue and optimal airport pricing," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 287-296, December.
- Perelman, Sergio & Serebrisky, Tomas, 2010. "Measuring the technical efficiency of airports in Latin America," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5339, The World Bank.
- David Starkie, 2004. "Testing the regulatory model: the expansion of Stansted airport," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 25(4), pages 389-413, December.
- David Starkie, 2008. "The Airport Industry in a Competitive Environment: A United Kingdom Perspective," OECD/ITF Joint Transport Research Centre Discussion Papers 2008/15, OECD Publishing.
- Germá Bel & Xavier Fageda, 2009. "Factors Explaining Charges in European Airports: Competition, Market Size, Private Ownership and Regulation," Working Papers 2009-31, FEDEA.
- Manuel Arellano & Stephen Bond, 1991.
"Some Tests of Specification for Panel Data: Monte Carlo Evidence and an Application to Employment Equations,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 58(2), pages 277-297.
- Tom Doan, "undated". "RATS program to replicate Arellano-Bond 1991 dynamic panel," Statistical Software Components RTZ00169, Boston College Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsairport charges; airports; hubs; privatization; regulation; single-till;
- L33 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Comparison of Public and Private Enterprise and Nonprofit Institutions; Privatization; Contracting Out
- L93 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Air Transportation
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
- R48 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - Government Pricing and Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-EFF-2011-11-01 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-EUR-2011-11-01 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-REG-2011-11-01 (Regulation)
- NEP-URE-2011-11-01 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cpr:ceprdp:8618. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.