Medical migration : what can we learn from the UK's perspective ?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kangasniemi, Mari & Winters, L. Alan & Commander, Simon, 2007.
"Is the medical brain drain beneficial? Evidence from overseas doctors in the UK,"
Social Science & Medicine,
Elsevier, pages 915-923.
- Kangasniemi, Mari & Winters, L. Alan & Commander, Simon, 2004. "Is the medical brain drain beneficial? Evidence from overseas doctors in the UK," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19984, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Simon Commander & Mari Kangasniemi & L. Alan Winters, 2004. "Is the Medical Brain Drain Beneficial? Evidence from Overseas Doctors in the UK," CEP Discussion Papers dp0618, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Tim A. Barmby & Marco G. Ercolani & John G. Treble, 2002. "Sickness Absence: An International Comparison," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 112(480), pages 315-331, June.
- Hamilton, Bob & Whalley, John, 1984. "Efficiency and distributional implications of global restrictions on labour mobility : Calculations and policy implications," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 61-75.
- Martine Rutten, 2009.
"The Economic Impact of Medical Migration: An Overview of the Literature,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(2), pages 291-325, February.
- Martine Rutten, 2007. "The Economic Impact of Medical Migration: an Overview of the Literature," IIDE Discussion Papers 20070803, Institue for International and Development Economics.
- Martin, John P. & Neary, J. Peter, 1980. "Variable labour supply and the pure theory of international trade : An empirical note," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(4), pages 549-559, November.
- Ana María Iregui, 2000.
"Efficiency Gains from the Elimination of Global Resstrictions on Labour Mobility: An Analisis Using a Multiregional CGE Model,"
Borradores de Economia
146, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Iregui, Ana Maria, 2003. "Efficiency Gains from the Elimination of Global Restrictions on Labour Mobility: An Analysis using a Multiregional CGE Model," WIDER Working Paper Series 027, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Ana María Iregui, 2000. "Efficiency Gains From The Elimination Of Global Restrictions On Labour Mobility: An Analysis Using A Multiregional Cge Model," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002435, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Schiff, Maurice, 2005.
"Brain Gain: Claims about Its Size and Impact on Welfare and Growth Are Greatly Exaggerated,"
IZA Discussion Papers
1599, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Schiff, Maurice, 2005. "Brain gain : claims about its size and impact on welfare and growth are greatly exaggerated," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3708, The World Bank.
- L. Alan Winters & Terrie L. Walmsley & Zhen Kun Wang & Roman Grynberg, 2003. "Liberalising Temporary Movement of Natural Persons: An Agenda for the Development Round," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(8), pages 1137-1161, August.
- Martin, John P, 1976. "Variable Factor Supplies and the Heckscher-Ohlin-Samuelson Model," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 86(344), pages 820-831, December.
- Walmsley, Terrie L. & Winters, L. Alan, 2005.
"Relaxing the Restrictions on the Temporary Movement of Natural Persons: A Simulation Analysis,"
Journal of Economic Integration,
Center for Economic Integration, Sejong University, vol. 20, pages 688-726.
- Walmsley, Terri Louise & Winters, L. Alan, 2003. "Relaxing the Restrictions on the Temporary Movements of Natural Persons: A Simulation Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 3719, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Monitoring&Evaluation; Health Systems Development&Reform; Labor Markets; Population Policies; Health Economics&Finance;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2008-09-13 (Health Economics)
- NEP-MIG-2008-09-13 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4593. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .