Efficiency Gains from the Elimination of Global Restrictions on Labour Mobility: An Analysis using a Multiregional CGE Model
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Ana María Iregui, 2000. "Efficiency Gains from the Elimination of Global Resstrictions on Labour Mobility: An Analisis Using a Multiregional CGE Model," Borradores de Economia 146, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Ana María Iregui, 2000. "Efficiency Gains From The Elimination Of Global Restrictions On Labour Mobility: An Analysis Using A Multiregional Cge Model," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 002435, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
References listed on IDEAS
- Daniel S. Hamermesh & James Grant, 1979. "Econometric Studies of Labor-Labor Substitution and Their Implications for Policy," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(4), pages 543-562.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1990. "Why Doesn't Capital Flow from Rich to Poor Countries?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 92-96, May.
- Mohsin S. Khan, 1974. "Import and Export Demand in Developing Countries (Demande Ã l'importation et l'exportation dans les pays en dÃ©veloppement) (La demanda de importaciÃ³n y de exportaciÃ³n en los paÃses en desarrollo)," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 21(3), pages 678-693, November.
- Conley, Timothy G & Ligon, Ethan, 2002. "Economic Distance and Cross-Country Spillovers," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 157-187, June.
- Hamilton, Bob & Whalley, John, 1984. "Efficiency and distributional implications of global restrictions on labour mobility : Calculations and policy implications," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 61-75.
- Shoven,John B. & Whalley,John, 1992. "Applying General Equilibrium," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521266550, August.
- Dawkins, Christina & Srinivasan, T.N. & Whalley, John, 2001. "Calibration," Handbook of Econometrics,in: J.J. Heckman & E.E. Leamer (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 5, chapter 58, pages 3653-3703 Elsevier.
- Marquez, Jaime, 1990. "Bilateral Trade Elasticities," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(1), pages 70-77, February.
- John Whalley, 1984. "Trade Liberalization among Major World Trading Areas," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262231204, January.
- Levy, Santiago & Wijnbergen, Sweder van, 1994. "Labor markets, migration and welfare Agriculture in the North-American Free Trade Agreement," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 263-278, April.
- Hill, John K. & Mendez, JoseA., 1984. "The effect of commercial policy on international migration flows: The case of the United States and Mexico," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 17(1-2), pages 41-53, August.
- Robinson, Sherman & Burfisher, Mary E. & Hinojosa-Ojeda, Raul & Thierfelder, Karen E., 1993. "Agricultural policies and migration in a U.S.-Mexico free trade area: A computable general equilibrium analysis," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 15(5-6), pages 673-701.
- Houthakker, Hendrik S & Magee, Stephen P, 1969. "Income and Price Elasticities in World Trade," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 51(2), pages 111-125, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michelle Gilmartin & David Learmouth & J Kim Swales & Peter McGregor & Karen Turner, 2013.
"Regional Policy Spillovers: The National Impact of Demand-Side Policy in an Interregional Model of the UK Economy,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 45(4), pages 814-834, April.
- Michelle Gilmartin & David Learmouth & J Kim Swales & Peter McGregor & Karen Turner, 2013. "Regional policy spillovers: the national impact of demand-side policy in an interregional model of the UK economy," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 45(4), pages 814-834, April.
- Michelle Gilmartin & David Learmonth & Peter McGregor & Kim Swales & Karen Turner, 2011. "Regional Policy Spillovers: The National Impact of Demand-Side Policy in an Interregional Model of the UK Economy," Working Papers 1128, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Gilmartin, Michelle & Learmonth, David & McGregor, Peter G & Swales, J Kim & Turner, Karen, 2011. "Regional Policy Spillovers: The National Impact of Demand-Side Policy in an Interregional Model of the UK Economy," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2011-46, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Gilmartin, Michelle & Learmonth, David & McGregor, Peter & Swales, Kim & Turner, Karen, 2011. "Regional Policy Spillovers: The National Impact of Demand-Side Policy in an Interregional Model of the UK Economy," SIRE Discussion Papers 2011-46, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- repec:kap:jecgro:v:23:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s10887-017-9153-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Moses, Jonathon W. & Letnes, Bjorn, 2003. "If People were Money: Estimating the Potential Gains from Increased International Migration," WIDER Working Paper Series 041, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Moses, Jonathon W. & Letnes, Bjorn, 2004. "The Economic Costs to International Labor Restrictions: Revisiting the Empirical Discussion," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(10), pages 1609-1626, October.
- Eric Ng & John Whalley, 2008.
"Visas and work permits: Possible global negotiating initiatives,"
The Review of International Organizations,
Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 259-285, September.
- Chi-Yung Ng & John Whalley, 2005. "Visas and Work Permits: Possible Global Negotiating Initiatives," CESifo Working Paper Series 1614, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:uwp:jhriss:v:52:y:2017:i:3:p:859-885 is not listed on IDEAS
- Autsawin Suttiwichienchot & Nattapong Puttanapong, 2014. "A Study on Internal Labor Movement and Policy Multiplier in Thailand," Eurasian Journal of Economics and Finance, Eurasian Publications, vol. 2(3), pages 57-68.
- Michał BURZYŃSKI, 2014. "Trading Goods or Human Capital The Winners and Losers of Economic Integration," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2014022, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Yao Pan, 2017.
"The Impact of Removing Selective Migration Restrictions on Education: Evidence from China,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 52(3), pages 859-885.
- Yao Pan, 2012. "The Effect of Labor Mobility Restrictions on Human Capital Accumulation in China," Working Papers 2012-5, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- John Kennan, 2014. "Freedom of movement for workers," IZA World of Labor, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA), pages 1-86, September.
- Hendrik P. van Dalen, 2007. "Global Aging and Economic Convergence: A Real Option or Still a Case of Science Fiction?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 07-051/1, Tinbergen Institute.
- Adnan, Wifag, 2015. "Who gets to cross the border? The impact of mobility restrictions on labor flows in the West Bank," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(C), pages 86-99.
- Rutten, Martine, 2008. "Medical migration : what can we learn from the UK's perspective ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4593, The World Bank.
- Marco Delogu & Frédéric Docquier & Joël Machado, 2018.
"Globalizing labor and the world economy: the role of human capital,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 223-258, June.
- DELOGU Marco & DOCQUIER Frédéric & MACHADO Joël, 2017. "Globalizing labor and the world economy: the role of human capital," LISER Working Paper Series 2017-16, LISER.
More about this item
Keywordsmigration; applied CGE modelling; labour market segmentation;
- C68 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computable General Equilibrium Models
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:unu:wpaper:dp2003-27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mauricio Roa Grisales). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/widerfi.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.