The economic consequences of health shocks
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 2000.
"In Sickness and in Health: Risk Sharing within Households in Rural Ethiopia,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 688-727, August.
- Pramila Krishnan & Stefan Dercon, 1997. "In sickness and in health ... risk-sharing within households in rural Ethiopia," CSAE Working Paper Series 1997-12, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 1999.
"Are the poor less well insured? Evidence on vulnerability to income risk in rural China,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 61-81, February.
- Jalan, Jyotsna & Ravallion, Martin, 1997. "Are the poor less well-insured? Evidence on vulnerability to income risk in rural China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1863, The World Bank.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 2002.
"Insuring Consumption Against Illness,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 51-70, March.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1997. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," NBER Working Papers 6035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1998. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," JCPR Working Papers 41, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Townsend, Robert M, 1994.
"Risk and Insurance in Village India,"
Econometric Society, vol. 62(3), pages 539-591, May.
- Robert M. Townsend, "undated". "Risk and Insurance in Village India," University of Chicago - Population Research Center 91-3a, Chicago - Population Research Center.
- Townsend, R.M., 1991. "Risk and Insurance in Village India," University of Chicago - Economics Research Center 91-3, Chicago - Economics Research Center.
- Grossman, Michael, 2000. "The human capital model," Handbook of Health Economics,in: A. J. Culyer & J. P. Newhouse (ed.), Handbook of Health Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 7, pages 347-408 Elsevier.
- Richard Blundell & Luigi Pistaferri & Ian Preston, 2008. "Consumption Inequality and Partial Insurance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 98(5), pages 1887-1921, December.
- World Bank, 2001. "Growing Healthy : A Review of Vietnam's Health Sector," World Bank Other Operational Studies 15512, The World Bank.
- Michael Grossman, 1972. "The Demand for Health: A Theoretical and Empirical Investigation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number gros72-1, April.
- Robert M. Townsend, 1995. "Consumption Insurance: An Evaluation of Risk-Bearing Systems in Low-Income Economies," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 83-102, Summer.
- Bloom, Gerald, 1998. "Primary health care meets the market in China and Vietnam," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 233-252, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lindelow, Magnus & Wagstaff, Adam, 2005. "Health shocks in China : are the poor and uninsured less protected ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3740, The World Bank.
- Halla, Martin & Zweimüller, Martina, 2011.
"The Effect of Health on Income: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from Commuting Accidents,"
IZA Discussion Papers
5833, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Martin Halla & Martina Zweimüller, 2011. "The Effect of Health on Income: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from Commuting Accidents," NRN working papers 2011-03, The Austrian Center for Labor Economics and the Analysis of the Welfare State, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria, revised Feb 2012.
- Martin Halla & Martina Zweimüller, 2011. "The Effect of Health on Income: Quasi-Experimental Evidence from Commuting Accidents," Economics working papers 2011-04, Department of Economics, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria, revised Feb 2012.
- Menon, Nidhiya & van der Meulen Rodgers, Yana & Nguyen, Huong, 2014. "Women’s Land Rights and Children’s Human Capital in Vietnam," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 54(C), pages 18-31.
- Jacky MATHONNAT & Jean-François BRUN & Martine AUDIBERT & Marie-Claire HENRY, 2006.
"Malaria, Production and Income of the Producers of Coffee and Cocoa: an Analysis from Survey Data in Côte d’Ivoire. Malaria, coffee and cocoa production and income,"
- Martine Audibert & Jean-François Brun & Jacky Mathonnat & M.-C. Henry, 2011. "Malaria, Production and Income of the Producers of Coffee and Cocoa: an Analysis from Survey Data in Côte d'Ivoire. Malaria, coffee and cocoa production and income," Working Papers halshs-00557214, HAL.
- Charles Kenny, 2009. "There's more to life than money: Exploring the levels|growth paradox in income and health," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(1), pages 24-41.
- Achyuta Adhvaryu & Anant Nyshadham, 2011. "Labor Complementarities and Health in the Agricultural Household," Working Papers 996, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- You, Xuedan & Kobayashi, Yasuki, 2009. "The new cooperative medical scheme in China," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 91(1), pages 1-9, June.
- Mendola, Mariapia & Bredenkamp, Caryn & Gragnolati, Michele, 2007. "The impoverishing effect of adverse health events : evidence from the western Balkans," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4444, The World Bank.
- Pablo Gottret & George J. Schieber & Hugh R. Waters, 2008. "Good Practices in Health Financing : Lessons from Reforms in Low and Middle-Income Countries," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6442.
- Yasushi Iwamoto & Miki Kohara & Makoto Saito, 2006.
"On the Consumption Insurance Effects of Long-term Care Insurance In Japan: Evidence from Micro Household Data,"
CIRJE-F-443, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Yasushi Iwamoto & Miki Kohara & Makoto Saito, 2006. "On the Consumption Insurance Effects of Long-term Care Insurance In Japan: Evidence from Micro Household Data," CARF F-Series CARF-F-081, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
- Michael Grimm, 2006.
"Mortality and survivor's consumption,"
DT/2006/13, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- Michael Grimm, 2006. "Mortality and Survivors' Consumption," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 611, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Grimm, Michael, 2006. "Mortality and survivors' consumption," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Berlin 2006 9, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Jeannette Amaya Lara & Fernando Ruiz Gómez, 2011. "Determining factors of catastrophic health spending in Bogota, Colombia," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 11(2), pages 83-100, June.
- Liu, Dan & Tsegai, Daniel W., 2011. "The New Cooperative Medical Scheme (NCMS) and its implications for access to health care and medical expenditure: Evidence from rural China," Discussion Papers 116746, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Abegunde, Dele Olawale & Stanciole, Anderson E., 2008. "The economic impact of chronic diseases: How do households respond to shocks? Evidence from Russia," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 66(11), pages 2296-2307, June.
More about this item
KeywordsSafety Nets and Transfers; Environmental Economics&Policies; Health Economics&Finance; Inequality; Rural Poverty Reduction;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2005-12-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2005-12-14 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2005-12-14 (Health Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2005-12-14 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-MAC-2005-12-14 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:3644. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .