The impoverishing effect of adverse health events : evidence from the western Balkans
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 2002.
"Insuring Consumption Against Illness,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 51-70, March.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1997. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," NBER Working Papers 6035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1998. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," JCPR Working Papers 41, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2005. "The economic consequences of health shocks," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3644, The World Bank.
- Eddy van Doorslaer & Owen O'Donnell & Ravindra P. Rannan-Eliya & Aparnaa Somanathan & Shiva Raj Adhikari & Charu C. Garg & Deni Harbianto & Alejandro N. Herrin & Mohammed Nazmul Huq & Shamsia Ibragimo, 2007. "Catastrophic payments for health care in Asia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(11), pages 1159-1184.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Aran, Meltem A. & Hentschel, Jesko S., 2012. "Protection in good and bad times ? the Turkish green card health program," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6178, The World Bank.
- Rama Joglekar, 2008.
"Can insurance reduce catastrophic out-of-pocket health expenditure?,"
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers
2008-016, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Rama Joglekar, 2008. "Can Insurance Reduce Catastrophic Out-of-Pocket Health Expenditure," Working Papers id:1647, eSocialSciences.
- Rama Joglekar, 2008. "Can Insurance Reduce Catastrophic Out-of-Pocket Health Expenditure?," Labor Economics Working Papers 22367, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Yonatan Dinku & David Fielding & Murat Genc, 2017. "Health Shocks and Child Time Allocation Decisions by Households: Evidence from Ethiopia," Working Papers 1705, University of Otago, Department of Economics, revised Apr 2017.
- World Bank, 2011. "Albania - Out-of-Pocket Payments in Albania’s Health System : Trends in Household Perceptions and Experiences 2002-2008," World Bank Other Operational Studies 2784, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsHealth Monitoring&Evaluation; Health Systems Development&Reform; Health Economics&Finance; Population Policies; Rural Poverty Reduction;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-12-19 (All new papers)
- NEP-HEA-2007-12-19 (Health Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2007-12-19 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4444. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .