Social health insurance for the poor: Targeting and impact of Indonesia's Askeskin programme
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- De Weerdt, Joachim & Dercon, Stefan, 2006.
"Risk-sharing networks and insurance against illness,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 337-356, December.
- Stefan Dercon & Joachim De Weerdt, 2002. "Risk-sharing networks and insurance against illness," CSAE Working Paper Series 2002-16, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Stefan Dercon & Joachim de Weerdt, 2004. "Risk-Sharing Networks And Insurance Against Illness," Development and Comp Systems 0409019, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Galarrága, O & Sosa-Rubí, S. G & Salinas, A & Sesma, S, 2008. "The Impact of Universal Health Insurance on Catastrophic and Out-of-Pocket Health Expenditures in Mexico: a Model with an Endogoenous Treatment Variable," Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers 08/12, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus & Jun, Gao & Ling, Xu & Juncheng, Qian, 2009.
"Extending health insurance to the rural population: An impact evaluation of China's new cooperative medical scheme,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus & Gao Jun & Xu Ling & Qian Juncheng, 2007. "Extending health insurance to the rural population : an impact evaluation of China's new cooperative medical scheme," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4150, The World Bank.
- Menno Pradhan & Fadia Saadah & Robert Sparrow, 2007.
"Did the Health Card Program Ensure Access to Medical Care for the Poor during Indonesia's Economic Crisis?,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 21(1), pages 125-150.
- Menno Pradhan & Fadia Saadah & Robert Sparrow, 2003. "Did the Healthcard Program ensure Access to Medical Care for the Poor during Indonesia's Economic Crisis?," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-016/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Antonio Trujillo & Jorge Portillo & John Vernon, 2005. "The Impact of Subsidized Health Insurance for the Poor: Evaluating the Colombian Experience Using Propensity Score Matching," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 211-239, September.
- Claudia Rokx & George Schieber & Ajay Tandon & Pandu Harimurti & Aparnaa Somanathan, 2009. "Health Financing in Indonesia : A Reform Road Map," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2710.
- Kruse, Ioana & Pradhan, Menno & Sparrow, Robert, 2012.
"Marginal benefit incidence of public health spending: Evidence from Indonesian sub-national data,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 147-157.
- Sparrow, R.A. & Pradhan, M.P. & Kruse, I., 2009. "Marginal benefit incidence of public health spending: evidence from Indonesian sub-national data," ISS Working Papers - General Series 18706, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 2002.
"Insuring Consumption Against Illness,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 51-70, March.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1997. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," NBER Working Papers 6035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1998. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," JCPR Working Papers 41, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Adam Wagstaff, 2010. "Estimating health insurance impacts under unobserved heterogeneity: the case of Vietnam's health care fund for the poor," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 189-208.
- Alex Arifianto & Ruly Marianti & Sri Budiyati & Ellen Tan, 2005. "Making Services Work for the Poor in Indonesia : A Report on Health Financing Mechanisms (JPK-Gakin) Scheme in Kabupaten Purbalingga, East Sumba, and Tabanan," Development Economics Working Papers 22527, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- DiPrete, Thomas A. & Gangl, Markus, 2004. "Assessing bias in the estimation of causal effects: Rosenbaum bounds on matching estimators and instrumental variables estimation with imperfect instruments," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Labor Market Policy and Employment SP I 2004-101, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Adam Wagstaff & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2003. "Catastrophe and impoverishment in paying for health care: with applications to Vietnam 1993-1998," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(11), pages 921-933.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus, 2008.
"Can insurance increase financial risk?: The curious case of health insurance in China,"
Journal of Health Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 990-1005, July.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Lindelow, Magnus, 2005. "Can insurance increase financial risk ? The curious case of health insurance in China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3741, The World Bank.
- Gabriela Flores & Jaya Krishnakumar & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2008. "Coping with health-care costs: implications for the measurement of catastrophic expenditures and poverty," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(12), pages 1393-1412.
- Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer & Ravi P. Rannan-Eliya & Aparnaa Somanathan & Shiva Raj Adhikari & Deni Harbianto & Charu C. Garg & Piya Hanvoravongchai & Mohammed N. Huq & Anup Karan & Gabriel M., 2007. "The Incidence of Public Spending on Healthcare: Comparative Evidence from Asia," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 21(1), pages 93-123.
- Eddy van Doorslaer & Owen O'Donnell & Ravindra P. Rannan-Eliya & Aparnaa Somanathan & Shiva Raj Adhikari & Charu C. Garg & Deni Harbianto & Alejandro N. Herrin & Mohammed Nazmul Huq & Shamsia Ibragimo, 2007. "Catastrophic payments for health care in Asia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(11), pages 1159-1184.
- Menno Pradhan & Nicholas Prescott, 2002. "Social risk management options for medical care in Indonesia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(5), pages 431-446.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sun, Xiaojie & Liu, Xiaoyun & Sun, Qiang & Yip, Winnie & Wagstaff, Adam & Meng, Qingyue, 2014. "The impact of a pay-for-performance scheme on prescription quality in rural China : an impact evaluation," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6892, The World Bank.
- Tohari, Achmad & Parsons, Christopher & Rammohan, Anu, 2017. "Targeting Poverty under Complementarities: Evidence from Indonesia's Unified Targeting System," IZA Discussion Papers 10968, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bergkvist, Sofi & Wagstaff, Adam & Katyal, Anuradha & Singh, Prabal V. & Samarth, Amit & Rao, Mala, 2014. "What a difference a state makes : health reform in Andhra Pradesh," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6883, The World Bank.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:204:y:2018:i:c:p:51-58 is not listed on IDEAS
- Adam Wagstaff & Daniel Cotlear & Patrick Hoang-Vu Eozenou & Leander R. Buisman, 2016.
"Measuring progress towards universal health coverage: with an application to 24 developing countries,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 147-189.
- Wagstaff,Adam & Cotlear,Daniel & Eozenou,Patrick Hoang-Vu & Buisman,Leander Robert, 2015. "Measuring progress towards universal health coverage: with an application to 24 developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7470, The World Bank.
- Kartika, Dwintha Maya, 2015. "Does Indonesian National Health Insurance serve a potential for improving health equity in favour of workers in informal economy?," MPRA Paper 72054, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wagstaff, Adam & Eozenou, Patrick Hoang-Vu, 2014. "CATA meets IMPOV: a unified approach to measuring financial protection in health," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6861, The World Bank.
- World Bank, 2012. "Protecting Poor and Vulnerable Households in Indonesia," World Bank Other Operational Studies 13810, The World Bank.
- Fossati, Diego, 2016. "Beyond “Good Governance”: The Multi-level Politics of Health Insurance for the Poor in Indonesia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 87(C), pages 291-306.
- Robert Sparrow & Ellen Van de Poel & Gracia Hadiwidjaja & Athia Yumna & Nila Warda & Asep Suryahadi, 2012. "Financial Consequences of Ill Health and Informal Coping Mechanisms in Indonesia," Departmental Working Papers 2012-07, The Australian National University, Arndt-Corden Department of Economics.
- Teguh, Dartanto & Nurkholis, Nurkholis, 2011. "Finding out of the Determinants of Poverty Dynamics in Indonesia: Evidence from Panel Data," MPRA Paper 41185, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Samarakoon, Shanika & Parinduri, Rasyad, 2015. "Social health insurance improves women’s healthcare use: Evidence from Indonesia," MPRA Paper 61504, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sven Neelsen & Owen O’Donnell, 2016. "Progressive Universalism? The Impact of Targeted Coverage on Healthcare Access and Expenditures in Peru," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 16-019/V, Tinbergen Institute.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:104:y:2018:i:c:p:297-309 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsIndonesia; Social health insurance; Health care utilization; Out-of-pocket health payments; Impact evaluation;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:socmed:v:96:y:2013:i:c:p:264-271. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/journaldescription.cws_home/315/description#description .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.