Can insurance reduce catastrophic out-of-pocket health expenditure?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Rama Joglekar, 2008. "Can Insurance Reduce Catastrophic Out-of-Pocket Health Expenditure," Working Papers id:1647, eSocialSciences.
- Rama Joglekar, 2008. "Can Insurance Reduce Catastrophic Out-of-Pocket Health Expenditure?," Labor Economics Working Papers 22367, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ardeshir Sepehri & Sisira Sarma & Wayne Simpson, 2006. "Does non-profit health insurance reduce financial burden? Evidence from the Vietnam living standards survey panel," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(6), pages 603-616.
- Abhijit V. Banerjee & Esther Duflo, 2007. "The Economic Lives of the Poor," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 21(1), pages 141-168, Winter.
- Deon Filmer & Lant Pritchett, 2001. "Estimating Wealth Effects Without Expenditure Data—Or Tears: An Application To Educational Enrollments In States Of India," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 38(1), pages 115-132, February.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Duan, Naihua, et al, 1984. "Choosing between the Sample-Selection Model and the Multi-part Model," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(3), pages 283-289, July.
- Adam Wagstaff & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2003. "Catastrophe and impoverishment in paying for health care: with applications to Vietnam 1993-1998," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(11), pages 921-933.
- Nora K Markova, 2006. "How Does the Introduction of Health Insurance Change the Equity of Health Care Provision in Bulgaria?," IMF Working Papers 06/285, International Monetary Fund.
- Pia Schneider & Kara Hanson, 2006. "Horizontal equity in utilisation of care and fairness of health financing: a comparison of micro-health insurance and user fees in Rwanda," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(1), pages 19-31.
- Jeffrey J. Rous & David R. Hotchkiss, 2003. "Estimation of the determinants of household health care expenditures in Nepal with controls for endogenous illness and provider choice," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(6), pages 431-451.
- Filmer, Deon*Pritchett, Lant, 1998. "Estimating wealth effects without expenditure data - or tears : with an application to educational enrollments in states of India," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1994, The World Bank.
- Papke, Leslie E & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M, 1996.
"Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(K) Plan Participation Rates,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 11(6), pages 619-632, Nov.-Dec..
- Leslie E. Papke & Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 1993. "Econometric Methods for Fractional Response Variables with an Application to 401(k) Plan Participation Rates," NBER Technical Working Papers 0147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mendola, Mariapia & Bredenkamp, Caryn & Gragnolati, Michele, 2007. "The impoverishing effect of adverse health events : evidence from the western Balkans," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4444, The World Bank.
- Alexander J. Cowell, 2006. "The relationship between education and health behavior: some empirical evidence," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 15(2), pages 125-146.
- Michael Grossman, 1999. "The Human Capital Model of the Demand for Health," NBER Working Papers 7078, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsOut-of-pocket health expenditure; Catastrophic health expenditure; Health insurance;
- I12 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Health Behavior
- I19 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Health - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-02-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2009-02-22 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-HEA-2009-02-22 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2009-02-22 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ind:igiwpp:2008-016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shamprasad M. Pujar). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/igidrin.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.