Estimation of the determinants of household health care expenditures in Nepal with controls for endogenous illness and provider choice
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Manning, W. G. & Duan, N. & Rogers, W. H., 1987. "Monte Carlo evidence on the choice between sample selection and two-part models," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 59-82, May.
- Peter A. Berman, 1997. "National Health Accounts in Developing Countries: Appropriate Methods and Recent Applications," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(1), pages 11-30.
- Getzen, Thomas E., 2000. "Health care is an individual necessity and a national luxury: applying multilevel decision models to the analysis of health care expenditures," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 259-270, March.
- Heckman, James & Singer, Burton, 1984. "A Method for Minimizing the Impact of Distributional Assumptions in Econometric Models for Duration Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 52(2), pages 271-320, March.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- John Akin & Jeffrey Rous, 1997. "Effect of provider characteristics on choice of contraceptive provider: A two-equation full-information maximum-likelihood estimation," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 34(4), pages 513-523, November.
- Parker, Susan W. & Wong, Rebeca, 1997. "Household income and health care expenditures in Mexico," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(3), pages 237-255, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Abay Asfaw & Francesca Lamanna & Stephan Klasen, 2010. "Gender gap in parents' financing strategy for hospitalization of their children: evidence from India," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(3), pages 265-279.
- Qian, Dongfu & Lucas, Henry & Chen, Jiaying & Xu, Ling & Zhang, Yaoguang, 2010. "Determinants of the use of different types of health care provider in urban China: A tracer illness study of URTI," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 98(2-3), pages 227-235, December.
- Pokhrel, Subhash & Snow, Rachel & Dong, Hengjin & Hidayat, Budi & Flessa, Steffen & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2005. "Gender role and child health care utilization in Nepal," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 100-109, September.
- Rama Joglekar, 2008.
"Can insurance reduce catastrophic out-of-pocket health expenditure?,"
Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers
2008-016, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Rama Joglekar, 2008. "Can Insurance Reduce Catastrophic Out-of-Pocket Health Expenditure," Working Papers id:1647, eSocialSciences.
- Rama Joglekar, 2008. "Can Insurance Reduce Catastrophic Out-of-Pocket Health Expenditure?," Labor Economics Working Papers 22367, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Pokhrel, Subhash, 2007. "Determinants of parental reports of children's illnesses: Empirical evidence from Nepal," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 65(6), pages 1106-1117, September.
- Tin Su & Steffen Flessa, 2013. "Determinants of household direct and indirect costs: an insight for health-seeking behaviour in Burkina Faso," The European Journal of Health Economics, Springer;Deutsche Gesellschaft für Gesundheitsökonomie (DGGÖ), vol. 14(1), pages 75-84, February.
- Gnawali, Devendra Prasad & Pokhrel, Subhash & Sié, Ali & Sanon, Mamadou & De Allegri, Manuela & Souares, Aurélia & Dong, Hengjin & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2009. "The effect of community-based health insurance on the utilization of modern health care services: Evidence from Burkina Faso," Health Policy, Elsevier, vol. 90(2-3), pages 214-222, May.
- Pokhrel, Subhash & De Allegri, Manuela & Gbangou, Adijma & Sauerborn, Rainer, 2010. "Illness reporting and demand for medical care in rural Burkina Faso," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 70(11), pages 1693-1700, June.
- Mohammad Omar Mashal & Keiko Nakamura & Masashi Kizuki, 2016. "Hidden burden of non-medical spending associated with inpatient care among the poor in Afghanistan," International Journal of Public Health, Springer;Swiss School of Public Health (SSPH+), vol. 61(6), pages 661-671, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:hlthec:v:12:y:2003:i:6:p:431-451. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/cgi-bin/jhome/5749 .