Extending Health Insurance: Effects of the National Health Insurance Scheme in Ghana
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 2002.
"Insuring Consumption Against Illness,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 92(1), pages 51-70, March.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1997. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," NBER Working Papers 6035, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul Gertler & Jonathan Gruber, 1998. "Insuring Consumption Against Illness," JCPR Working Papers 41, Northwestern University/University of Chicago Joint Center for Poverty Research.
- Denis Drechsler & Johannes P. Jütting, 2005. "Private Health Insurance for the Poor in Developing Countries?," OECD Development Centre Policy Insights 11, OECD Publishing.
- Chetty, Raj & Looney, Adam, 2006.
"Consumption smoothing and the welfare consequences of social insurance in developing economies,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, pages 2351-2356.
- Raj Chetty & Adam Looney, 2005. "Consumption Smoothing and the Welfare Consequences of Social Insurance in Developing Economies," NBER Working Papers 11709, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, Michael, 1972. "On the Concept of Health Capital and the Demand for Health," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 80(2), pages 223-255, March-Apr.
- Liu, Tsai-Ching & Chen, Chin-Shyan, 2002. "An analysis of private health insurance purchasing decisions with national health insurance in Taiwan," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 55(5), pages 755-774, September.
- Grant Miller & Diana Pinto & Marcos Vera-Hernández, 2013.
"Risk Protection, Service Use, and Health Outcomes under Colombia's Health Insurance Program for the Poor,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 5(4), pages 61-91, October.
- Grant Miller & Diana M. Pinto & Marcos Vera-Hernández, 2009. "Risk Protection, Service Use, and Health Outcomes Under Colombia's Health Insurance Program for the Poor," NBER Working Papers 15456, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Manning, Willard G. & Marquis, M. Susan, 1996. "Health insurance: The tradeoff between risk pooling and moral hazard," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(5), pages 609-639, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Monica Lambon-Quayefio & Nkechi Owoo, 2014. "Examining the Influence of Antenatal Care Visits and Skilled Delivery on Neonatal Deaths in Ghana," Applied Health Economics and Health Policy, Springer, vol. 12(5), pages 511-522, October.
- Heath, Rachel, 2017. "Fertility at work: Children and women's labor market outcomes in urban Ghana," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 126(C), pages 190-214.
- Lisa Bagnoli, 2017. "Does National Health Insurance Improve Children's Health ?National and Regional Evidence from Ghana," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2017-03, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Mawuli Gaddah & Alistair Munro, 2011. "The Progressivity Of Health Care Services In Ghana," GRIPS Discussion Papers 11-14, National Graduate Institute for Policy Studies.
- repec:spr:hecrev:v:7:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s13561-017-0169-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Nkechi Owoo & Monica Lambon-Quayefio, 2013. "National health insurance, social influence and antenatal care use in Ghana," Health Economics Review, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 1-12, December.
- Gajate-Garrido, Gissele & Ahiadeke, Clement, 2015. "The effect of insurance enrollment on maternal and child health care utilization: The case of Ghana," IFPRI discussion papers 1495, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
More about this item
KeywordsHealth insurance; out-of-pocket expenses; maternity care demand;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2011-10-01 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2011-10-01 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2011-10-01 (Development)
- NEP-HEA-2011-10-01 (Health Economics)
- NEP-IAS-2011-10-01 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rsc:rsceui:2011/27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (RSCAS web unit). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/rsiueit.html .