On the Consumption Insurance Effects of Long-term Care Insurance In Japan: Evidence from Micro Household Data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Yasushi Iwamoto & Miki Kohara & Makoto Saito, 2006. "On the Consumption Insurance Effects of Long-term Care Insurance In Japan: Evidence from Micro Household Data," CARF F-Series CARF-F-081, Center for Advanced Research in Finance, Faculty of Economics, The University of Tokyo.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stefan Dercon & Pramila Krishnan, 2000.
"In Sickness and in Health: Risk Sharing within Households in Rural Ethiopia,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(4), pages 688-727, August.
- Pramila Krishnan & Stefan Dercon, 1997. "In sickness and in health ... risk-sharing within households in rural Ethiopia," CSAE Working Paper Series 1997-12, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Amy Finkelstein & Kathleen McGarry & Amir Sufi, 2005.
"Dynamic Inefficiencies in Insurance Markets: Evidence from Long-Term Care Insurance,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 95(2), pages 224-228, May.
- Amy Finkelstein & Kathleen McGarry & Amir Sufi, 2005. "Dynamic Inefficiencies in Insurance Markets: Evidence from long-term care insurance," NBER Working Papers 11039, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Sloan, Frank A. & Thomas J. Hoerger & Gabriel Picone, 1996. "Effects of Strategic Behavior and Public Subsidies on Families' Savings and Long-Term Care Decisions," Working Papers 96-01, Duke University, Department of Economics.
- Olivia S. Mitchell & John Piggott & Satoshi Shimizutani, 2004.
"Aged-Care Support in Japan: Perspectives and Challenges,"
NBER Working Papers
10882, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mitchell Olivia S. & PIGGOTT John & SHIMIZUTANI Satoshi, 2004. "Aged-Care Support in Japan: Perspectives and Challenges," ESRI Discussion paper series 118, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Pauly, Mark V, 1990. "The Rational Nonpurchase of Long-term-Care Insurance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(1), pages 153-168, February.
- Hans G. Bloemen & Elena G. F. Stancanelli, 2005. "Financial Wealth, Consumption Smoothing and Income Shocks Arising from Job Loss," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 72(3), pages 431-452, August.
- David M. Cutler, 1993. "Why Doesn't the Market Fully Insure Long-Term Care?," NBER Working Papers 4301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gruber, Jonathan, 1997. "The Consumption Smoothing Benefits of Unemployment Insurance," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 87(1), pages 192-205, March.
- Wagstaff, Adam, 2005. "The economic consequences of health shocks," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3644, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tomoaki Yamada & Minchung Hsu & Gary D. Hansen, 2011. "Financing Health Care in Japan: The Impact of an Aging Population," 2011 Meeting Papers 717, Society for Economic Dynamics.
More about this item
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tky:fseres:2006cf443. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CIRJE administrative office). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ritokjp.html .