Is functional literacy a prerequisite for entering the labor market? An analysis of determinants of adults literacy and earnings in Ghana
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence Kahn, 1995.
"The Gender Earnings Gap: Some International Evidence,"
NBER Chapters,in: Differences and Changes in Wage Structures, pages 105-144
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn, 1992. "The Gender Earnings Gap: Some International Evidence," NBER Working Papers 4224, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blau Francine D & Kahn Lawrence M, 2007. "The Gender Pay Gap," The Economists' Voice, De Gruyter, vol. 4(4), pages 1-6, June.
- Lavy, V. & Spratt, J. & Leboucher, N., 1995. "Changing Patterns of Illiteracy in Morocco: Assement Methods Compared," Papers 115, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rocha, Maúna Soares de Baldini & Ponczek, Vladimir Pinheiro, 2010. "Impacto da alfabetização de adultos sobre salário e emprego," Textos para discussão 215, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- de Baldini Rocha, Maúna Soares & Ponczek, Vladimir, 2011.
"The effects of adult literacy on earnings and employment,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 755-764, August.
- Ponczek, Vladimir Pinheiro & Rocha, Maúna Soares de Baldini, 2012. "The effects of adult literacy on earnings and employment," Textos para discussão 285, FGV/EESP - Escola de Economia de São Paulo, Getulio Vargas Foundation (Brazil).
- Vadlamannati, Krishna Chaitanya, 2008. "Socioeconomic, Institutional & Political Determinants Of Human Rights Abuses: A Subnational Study Of India, 1993 – 2002," MPRA Paper 10142, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsPrimary Education; Gender and Education; Nonformal Education; Education For All; Public Health Promotion; Curriculum&Instruction; Access&Equity in Basic Education;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:2410. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.