Factors Determining Work Participation and Labour Supply Decisions in Pakistan's Urban Areas
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James J. Heckman, 1976. "The Common Structure of Statistical Models of Truncation, Sample Selection and Limited Dependent Variables and a Simple Estimator for Such Models," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 5, number 4, pages 475-492 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chiswick, Carmel Ullman, 1977. "On estimating earnings functions for LDCs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 67-78, February.
- Behrman, Jere R. & Wolfe, Barbara L., 1984. "Labor force participation and earnings determinants for women in the special conditions of developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-3), pages 259-288.
- M. Afzal & Zafar Moeen Nasir, 1987. "Is Female Labour Force Participation Really Low and Declining in Paotan? A look at Alternative Data Sources," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 26(4), pages 699-709.
- Mark R. Rosenzweig, 1980. "Neoclassical Theory and the Optimizing Peasant: An Econometric Analysis of Market Family Labor Supply in a Developing Country," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 94(1), pages 31-55.
- Sahn, David E. & Alderman, Harold, 1988. "The effects of human capital on wages, and the determinants of labor supply in a developing country," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 157-183, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kalaj, Ermira Hoxha, 2009. "Do Remittances Alter Labor Market Participation? A Study of Albania," MPRA Paper 48271, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mahpara Begum Sadaquat & Qurra-tul-ain Ali Sheikh, 2011. "Employment situation of women in Pakistan," International Journal of Social Economics, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(2), pages 98-113, January.
- Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp & Samir Jahjah, 2005.
"Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 52(1), pages 55-81, April.
- Samir Jahjah & Ralph Chami & Connel Fullenkamp, 2003. "Are Immigrant Remittance Flows a Source of Capital for Development?," IMF Working Papers 03/189, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:bpj:glecon:v:13:y:2017:i:1:p:12:n:4 is not listed on IDEAS
- Zafar Mueen Nasir, 1998. "Determinants of Personal Earnings in Pakistan: Findings from the Labour Force Survey 1993-94," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 37(3), pages 251-274.
- Amtul Hafeez & Eatzaz Ahmad, 2016. "Analysis of Joint Hours of Work Function of Currently Married Working Couples: A Case Study of Pakistan," Asian Journal of Social Sciences and Management Studies, Asian Online Journal Publishing Group, vol. 3(1), pages 75-81.
- Michael Clemens and Timothy N. Ogden, 2014. "Migration as a Strategy for Household Finance: A Research Agenda on Remittances, Payments, and Development- Working Paper 354," Working Papers 354, Center for Global Development.
- Zareen F. Naqvi & Lubna Shahnaz, 2002. "How Do Women Decide to Work in Pakistan?," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 41(4), pages 495-513.
- Lim, Sokchea & Morshed, A.K.M. Mahbub, 2015. "International migration, migrant stock, and remittances: Reexamining the motivations to remit," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 101-115.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:30:y:2010:i:1:p:351-364 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael Clemens and David McKenzie, 2014. "Why Don't Remittances Appear to Affect Growth? - Working Paper 366," Working Papers 366, Center for Global Development.
- Ather Maqsood Ahmed & Ismail Sirageldin, 1994. "Internal Migration, Earnings, and the Importance of Self-selection," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 33(3), pages 211-227.
- Jacques Bouhga-Hagbe, 2006. "Altruism and Workers’ Remittances; Evidence from Selected Countries in the Middle East and Central Asia," IMF Working Papers 06/130, International Monetary Fund.
- Muhammad Zahir Faridi & Ayesha Rashid, 2014. "The Correlates of Educated Women’s Labor Force Participation in Pakistan: A Micro-Study," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 19(2), pages 155-184, July-Dec.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pid:journl:v:29:y:1990:i:1:p:1-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pideipk.html .