Do Minimum Wage Laws Affect People Who Are Not Covered? Evidence from Documented and Undocumented, Hourly and Piece Rate Workers in U.S. Agriculture
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Tauchen, George E, 1981. "Some Evidence on Cross-Sector Effects of the Minimum Wage," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(3), pages 529-547, June.
- Card, David & Krueger, Alan B, 1994.
"Minimum Wages and Employment: A Case Study of the Fast-Food Industry in New Jersey and Pennsylvania,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 772-793, September.
- David Card & Alan B. Krueger, 1993. "Minimum Wages and Employment: A Case Study of the Fast Food Industry in New Jersey and Pennsylvania," Working Papers 694, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- David Card & Alan B. Krueger, 1993. "Minimum Wages and Employment: A Case Study of the Fast Food Industry in New Jersey and Pennsylvania," NBER Working Papers 4509, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Neumark & Mark Schweitzer & William Wascher, 2005.
"The Effects of Minimum Wages on the Distribution of Family Incomes: A Nonparametric Analysis,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 40(4), pages 867-894.
- David Neumark & Mark Schweitzer & William Wascher, 1998. "The Effects of Minimum Wages on the Distribution of Family Incomes: A Non-Parametric Analysis," NBER Working Papers 6536, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Neumark & Mark E. Schweitzer & William L. Wascher, 2004. "The effects of minimum wages on the distribution of family incomes: a nonparametric analysis," Working Paper 0412, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland.
- Mincer, Jacob, 1976. "Unemployment Effects of Minimum Wages," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(4), pages 87-104, August.
- Bell, Linda A, 1997. "The Impact of Minimum Wages in Mexico and Colombia," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 15(3), pages 102-135, July.
- Pia M. Orrenius & Madeline Zavodny, 2008.
"The Effect of Minimum Wages on Immigrants' Employment and Earnings,"
Cornell University, ILR School, vol. 61(4), pages 544-563, July.
- Orrenius, Pia M. & Zavodny, Madeline, 2008. "The Effect of Minimum Wages on Immigrants’ Employment and Earnings," IZA Discussion Papers 3499, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Orrenius, Pia M. & Zavodny, Madeline, 2008. "The effect of minimum wages on immigrants' employment and earnings," Working Papers 0805, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Moretti, Enrico & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 2000.
"Minimum Wage Laws Lower Some Agricultural Wages,"
Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley, Working Paper Series
qt51k1v5hf, Department of Agricultural & Resource Economics, UC Berkeley.
- Moretti, Enrico & Perloff, Jeffrey M., 2000. "Minimum Wage Laws Lower Some Agricultural Wages," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt9b81j9nr, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Robin Gowers & Timothy J. Hatton, 1997.
"The Origins and Early Impact of the Minimum Wage in Agriculture,"
Economic History Review,
Economic History Society, vol. 50(1), pages 82-103, February.
- Gowers, Robin & Hatton, Timothy J., 1994. "The Origins and Early Impact of the Minimum Wage in Agriculture," CEPR Discussion Papers 1021, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- William Wascher & David Neumark, 2000. "Minimum Wages and Employment: A Case Study of the Fast-Food Industry in New Jersey and Pennsylvania: Comment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(5), pages 1362-1396, December.
- Cadena, Brian C., 2014. "Recent immigrants as labor market arbitrageurs: Evidence from the minimum wage," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 1-12.
- Alana Gilbert & Euan Phimister & Ioannis Theodossiou, 2001. "The Potential Impact of the Minimum Wage in Rural Areas," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(8), pages 765-770.
- John P. Formby & John A. Bishop & Hoseong Kim, 2010. "The Redistributive Effects and Cost-Effectiveness of Increasing the Federal Minimum Wage," Public Finance Review, , vol. 38(5), pages 585-618, September.
- Theodore P. Lianos, 1972. "Impact of Minimum Wages Upon the Level and Composition of Agricultural Employment," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 54(3), pages 477-484.
- Sara Lemos, 2004. "Minimum Wage Policy and Employment Effects: Evidence from Brazil," ECONOMIA JOURNAL, THE LATIN AMERICAN AND CARIBBEAN ECONOMIC ASSOCIATION - LACEA, vol. 0(Fall 2004), pages 219-266, August.
- Lustig, N. & Mcleod, D., 1996. "Minimum Wages and Poverty in Developing Countries : Some Empirical Evidence," Papers 125, Brookings Institution - Working Papers.
- Bhaskar, V & To, Ted, 1999.
"Minimum Wages for Ronald McDonald Monopsonies: A Theory of Monopsonistic Competition,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 109(455), pages 190-203, April.
- V. Bhaskar & Ted To, 1996. "Minimum Wages for Ronald McDonald Monopsonies: A Theory of Monopsonistic Competition," Labor and Demography 9603001, EconWPA, revised 06 Aug 1998.
- Seiler, Eric, 1984.
"Piece Rate vs. Time Rate: The Effect of Incentives on Earnings,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 66(3), pages 363-376, August.
More about this item
Keywordsminimum wage exemptions; poverty; agriculture;
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- J33 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Compensation Packages; Payment Methods
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-05-22 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-IUE-2013-05-22 (Informal & Underground Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2013-05-22 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-LMA-2013-05-22 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-MIG-2013-05-22 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:upj:weupjo:13-194. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/upjohus.html .