Minimum Wage Policy and Employment Effects: Evidence from Brazil
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David Neumark & William Wascher, 2006.
"Minimum Wages and Employment: A Review of Evidence from the New Minimum Wage Research,"
NBER Working Papers
12663, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David Neumark & William Wascher, 2006. "Minimum Wages and Employment: A Review of Evidence from the New Minimum Wage Research," Working Papers 060708, University of California-Irvine, Department of Economics, revised Jan 2007.
- Freeman, Richard B., 2010. "Labor Regulations, Unions, and Social Protection in Developing Countries," Handbook of Development Economics, Elsevier.
- Haroon Bhorat & Tara Caetano & Benjamin Jourdan & Ravi Kanbur & Christopher Rooney & Benjamin Stanwix & Ingrid Woolard, 2016. "Investigating the Feasibility of a National Minimum Wage for South Africa," Working Papers 201601, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Haroon Bhorat & Ravi Kanbur & Benjamin Stanwix, 2017.
"Minimum Wages in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Primer,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 32(1), pages 21-74.
- Bhorat, Haroon & Kanbur, Ravi & Stanwix, Benjamin, 2015. "Minimum Wages in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Primer," IZA Discussion Papers 9204, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Bhorat, Haroon & Kanbur, Ravi & Stanwix, Benjamin, 2015. "Minimum Wages In Sub-Saharan Africa: A Primer," Working Papers 250019, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- Bhorat, Haroon & Kanbur, Ravi & Stanwix, Benjamin, 2015. "Minimum Wages in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Primer," CEPR Discussion Papers 10760, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Haroon Bhorat & Ravi Kanbur & Benjamin Stanwix, 2015. "Minimum Wages in Sub-Saharan Africa: A Primer," Working Papers 201503, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
- Manoel BITTENCOURT, 2009.
"Macroeconomic Performance And Inequality: Brazil, 1983-94,"
The Developing Economies,
Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 47(1), pages 30-52.
- Manoel F. Meyer Bittencourt, 2005. "Macroeconomic Performance and Inequality: Brazil 1983-94," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 130, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- M.F.Meyer Bittencourt, 2005. "Macroeconomic Performance and Inequality: Brazil 1983-94," The Centre for Market and Public Organisation 05/114, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- International Monetary Fund, 2016. "Cross-Country Report on Minimum Wages; Selected Issues," IMF Staff Country Reports 16/151, International Monetary Fund.
- Groisman, Fernando & Boffi, Santiago & Calero, Analía & Cuba, María Soledad & Liniado, Julia & Sconfienza, María Eugenia & Vergara Parra, Albano, 2015.
"Social protection to the informal sector: the role of minimum wage and income transfer policies,"
72822, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fernando Alberto Groisman & Albano Blas Vergara & Analía Calero & Julia Liniado & María Eugenia Sconfienza & Maria Soledad Cubas & Santiago Boffi, 2015. "Social Protection to the Informal Sector: The Role of Minimum Wage and Income Transfer Policies," Working Papers PMMA 2015-10, PEP-PMMA.
- Sara Wong, 2017. "Minimum wage impacts on wages and hours worked of low-income workers in Ecuador," Working Papers PMMA 2017-14, PEP-PMMA.
- Alessandra Scalioni Brito & Miguel Foguel & Celia Kerstenetzky, 2018. "The Contribution Of Minimum Wage Valorization Policy To The Decline In Household Income Inequality In Brazil: A Decomposition Approach," Anais do XLIV Encontro Nacional de Economia [Proceedings of the 44th Brazilian Economics Meeting] 217, ANPEC - AssociaÃ§Ã£o Nacional dos Centros de PÃ³s-GraduaÃ§Ã£o em Economia [Brazilian Association of Graduate Programs in Economics].
- Alexandros Karakitsios & Manos Matsaganis, 2018. "Minimum Wage Effects on Poverty and Inequality," DEOS Working Papers 1801, Athens University of Economics and Business.
- Anita Alves Pena, 2013. "Do Minimum Wage Laws Affect People Who Are Not Covered? Evidence from Documented and Undocumented, Hourly and Piece Rate Workers in U.S. Agriculture," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 13-194, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Selin Pelek, 2015. "The Employment Effect of the Minimum Wage: An Empirical Analysis From Turkey," Ekonomi-tek - International Economics Journal, Turkish Economic Association, vol. 4(1), pages 49-68, January.
- Christian Moser & Niklas Engbom, 2016.
"Earnings Inequality and the Minimum Wage: Evidence from Brazil,"
2016 Meeting Papers
72, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Engbom, Niklas & Moser, Christian, 2018. "Earnings Inequality and the Minimum Wage: Evidence from Brazil," Working Papers 7, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, Opportunity and Inclusive Growth Institute.
- Niklas Engbom & Christian Moser, 2017. "Earnings Inequality and the Minimum Wage: Evidence from Brazil," CESifo Working Paper Series 6393, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christian Moser & Niklas Engbom, 2017. "Earnings Inequality and the Minimum Wage: Evidence from Brazil," 2017 Meeting Papers 1521, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Nguyen Viet, Cuong, 2010. "The Impact of a Minimum Wage Increase on Employment, Wages and Expenditures of Low-Wage Workers in Vietnam," MPRA Paper 36751, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 15 Aug 2011.
- repec:bla:rdevec:v:21:y:2017:i:4:p:1081-1112 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lemos, Sara, 2009. "Minimum wage effects in a developing country," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 224-237, April.
- Fernando Borraz & Nicolás Gonzalez Pampillón, 2011. "Assessing the Distributive Impact of More than Doubling the Minimum Wage: The Case of Uruguay," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 1711, Department of Economics - dECON.
- repec:spr:jlabre:v:38:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s12122-017-9241-z is not listed on IDEAS
- Sara Lemos, 2006. "Anticipated effects of the minimum wage on prices," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(3), pages 325-337.
- Fernando Borraz & Nicolás González-Pampillón, 2017.
"Assessing the distributive effects of minimum wage,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 21(4), pages 1081-1112, November.
- Borraz, Fernando & González Pampillón, 2017. "Assessing the Distributive Effects of Minimum Wage," GLO Discussion Paper Series 10, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Andalón, Mabel & Pagés, Carmen, 2008. "Minimum Wages in Kenya," IZA Discussion Papers 3390, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cuong Viet Nguyen, 2013. "The impact of minimum wages on employment of low-wage workers," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 21(3), pages 583-615, July.
- Soundararajan, Vidhya, 2014. "Minimum Wage Effects at Different Enforcement Levels: Evidence from Employment Surveys in India," Working Papers 180133, Cornell University, Department of Applied Economics and Management.
- repec:bla:indrel:v:47:y:2016:i:5-6:p:513-529 is not listed on IDEAS
- Calavrezo, Oana & Pelek, Selin, 2011. "Qui sont les salariés payés au niveau du salaire minimum? Une analyse empirique à partir de données turques," GIAM Working Papers 11-2, Galatasaray University Economic Research Center, revised 13 Feb 2011.
More about this item
Keywordsminimum wage; wage effect; employment effect; labor costs; Brazil;
- J38 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Public Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:col:000425:008666. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.