The Changing Shape of Global Inequality - exploring a new dataset
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Angus Deaton, 2001. "Relative Deprivation, Inequality, and Mortality," NBER Working Papers 8099, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bas van Leeuwen & Peter Foldvari, 2012. "The development of inequality and poverty in Indonesia, 1932-1999," Working Papers 0026, Utrecht University, Centre for Global Economic History.
- Francois, Joseph & Rojas-Romagosa, Hugo, 2005.
"The Construction and Interpretation of Combined Cross-Section and Time-Series Inequality Datasets,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5214, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Joseph Francois & Hugo Rojas-Romagosa, 2007. "The Construction and Interpretation of Combined Cross-Section and Time-Series Inequality Datasets," IIDE Discussion Papers 20070805, Institue for International and Development Economics.
- Francois, Joseph F. & Rojas-Romagosa, Hugo, 2005. "The construction and interpretation of combined cross-section and time-series inequality datasets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3748, The World Bank.
- Joseph F. Francois & Hugo Rojas-Romagosa, 2005. "The Construction and Interpretation of Combined Cross-Section and Time-Series Inequality Datasets," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 05-079/2, Tinbergen Institute.
- Prados De La Escosura, Leandro, 2008.
"Inequality, poverty and the Kuznets curve in Spain, 1850–2000,"
European Review of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 287-324, December.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro, 2007. "Inequality, poverty, and the Kuznets curve In Spain, 1850-2000," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp07-13, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Allen, Robert C., 2001. "The Great Divergence in European Wages and Prices from the Middle Ages to the First World War," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 38(4), pages 411-447, October.
- Facundo Alvaredo & Emmanuel Saez, 2009.
"Income and Wealth Concentration in Spain from a Historical and Fiscal Perspective,"
Journal of the European Economic Association,
MIT Press, vol. 7(5), pages 1140-1167, September.
- Alvaredo, Facundo & Saez, Emmanuel, 2009. "Income and Wealth Concentration in Spain from a Historical and Fiscal Perspective," Institute for Research on Labor and Employment, Working Paper Series qt4017h9q3, Institute of Industrial Relations, UC Berkeley.
- Facundo Alvaredo & Emmanuel Saez, 2009. "Income and wealth concentration in Spain from a historical and fiscal perspective," Post-Print hal-00812853, HAL.
- Dowrick, Steve & Quiggin, John, 1994.
"International Comparisons of Living Standards and Tastes: A Revealed-Preference Analysis,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(1), pages 332-341, March.
- Dowrick, S. & Quigguin, J., 1992. "International Comparisons of Living Standards and Tastes: A Revealed Preference Analysis," CEPR Discussion Papers 277, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Willebald Remedios, Henry Francisco & Rodríguez, Javier & Castelnovo, Cecilia & Bértola, Luis, 2008. "Income distribution in the Latin American Southern Cone during the first globalization boom, ca: 1870-1920," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp08-05, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Richard H. Steckel, 1995. "Stature and the Standard of Living," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 33(4), pages 1903-1940, December.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Global poverty over the long-term: legitimate issues
by Branko Milanovic in globalinequality on 2019-02-06 17:08:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Naudé, Wim, 2019.
"The Race against the Robots and the Fallacy of the Giant Cheesecake: Immediate and Imagined Impacts of Artificial Intelligence,"
IZA Discussion Papers
12218, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Naude, Wim, 2019. "The race against the robots and the fallacy of the giant cheesecake: Immediate and imagined impacts of artificial intelligence," MERIT Working Papers 005, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- David de la CROIX, 2014. "Economic Growth," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2014019, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Thomas Goda & Alejandro Torres, 2015. "Class or location? What explains the rising tide of absolute global income inequality during 1850-2010?," Documentos de Trabajo CIEF 012663, Universidad EAFIT.
- Paolo Liberati, 2015.
"The World Distribution of Income And Its Inequality, 1970–2009,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 61(2), pages 248-273, June.
- Paolo Liberati, 2012. "The world distribution of income and its inequality, 1970 - 2009," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0163, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Kourtellos, Andros & Stylianou, Ioanna & Tan, Chih Ming, 2013.
"Failure to launch? The role of land inequality in transition delays,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 98-113.
- Andros Kourtellos & Ioanna Stylianou & Chih Ming Tan, 2011. "Failure to Launch? The Role of Land Inequality in Transition Delays," Working Paper series 22_11, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis.
- Ioanna Stylianou & Chih Ming Tan & Andros Kourtellos, 2012. "Failure to Launch? The Role of Land Inequality in Transition Delays," 2012 Meeting Papers 432, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Andros Kourtellos & Ioanna Stylianou & Chih Ming Tan, 2011. "Failure to Launch? The Role of Land Inequality in Transition Delays," University of Cyprus Working Papers in Economics 06-2011, University of Cyprus Department of Economics.
- Shorrocks Anthony & Davies James, 2018. "Comparing global inequality of income and wealth," WIDER Working Paper Series 160, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Daniel Gallardo Albarr‡n, 2017.
"Missed opportunities? The development of human welfare in Western Europe, 1913-1950,"
0114, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Gallardo Albarran, Daniel, 2017. "Missed opportunities? The development of human welfare in Western Europe, 1913-1950," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-166, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Jean-Pascal Bassino & Marion Dovis & John Komlos, 2018.
"Biological well-being in late nineteenth-century Philippines,"
Springer;Cliometric Society (Association Francaise de Cliométrie), vol. 12(1), pages 33-60, January.
- Jean-Pascal Bassino & Marion Dovis & John Komlos, 2018. "Biological well-being in late nineteenth-century Philippines," Cliometrica, Journal of Historical Economics and Econometric History, Association Française de Cliométrie (AFC), vol. 12(1), pages 33-60, January.
- Jean-Pascal Bassino & Marion Dovis & John Komlos, 2018. "Biological well-being in late nineteenth-century Philippines," Post-Print hal-01898180, HAL.
- Duarte Leite & Óscar Afonso & Sandra Silva, 2014. "A tale of two countries: a directed technical change approach," FEP Working Papers 539, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Roope, Laurence & Niño-Zarazúa, Miguel & Tarp, Finn, 2018. "How polarized is the global income distribution?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 167(C), pages 86-89.
- Helpman, Elhanan, 2016. "Globalization and Wage Inequality," CEPR Discussion Papers 11701, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Thomas Goda, 2013. "Changes in income inequality from a global perspective: An overview," Working Papers PKWP1303, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
- Rodríguez Weber, Javier, 2015.
"Estimación de desigualdad de ingreso y otras variables relacionadas para Chile entre 1860 y 1970. Metodología y resultados obtenidos
[Income inequality estimates for Chile between 1860 and 1970. Me," MPRA Paper 68400, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Javier Rodríguez Weber, 2016. "Estimación de desigualdad de ingreso y otras variables relacionadas para Chile entre 1860 y 1970. Metodología y resultados obtenidos," Documentos de trabajo 44, Programa de Historia Económica, FCS, Udelar.
- Baten, Joerg & Mumme, Christina, 2013. "Does inequality lead to civil wars? A global long-term study using anthropometric indicators (1816–1999)," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 56-79.
- Mikołaj Szołtysek & Radoslaw Poniat & Siegfried Gruber & Sebastian Klüsener, 2016. "The Patriarchy Index: a new measure of gender and generational inequalities in the past," MPIDR Working Papers WP-2016-014, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany.
- Van Leeuwen, Bas & van Leeuwen-Li, Jieli & Foldvari, Peter, 2012. "Education as a driver of income inequality in twentieth-century Africa," MPRA Paper 43574, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wouter Ryckbosch, 2014. "Economic inequality and growth before the industrial revolution: A case study of the Low Countries (14th-19th centuries)," Working Papers 067, "Carlo F. Dondena" Centre for Research on Social Dynamics (DONDENA), Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi.
More about this item
Keywordsincome inequality; historical development; world; regional development; Gini; global inequality; poverty lines; per capita income; income distribution;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucg:wpaper:0001. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sarah Carmichael). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cgeuunl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.