Global inequality recalculated : the effect of new 2005 PPP estimates on global inequality
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Milanovic, Branko, 2009. "Global inequality recalculated: The effect of new 2005 PPP estimates on global inequality," MPRA Paper 16538, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Sanjay Reddy & Camelia Minoiu, 2009.
"Real Income Stagnation of Countries 1960-2001,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(1), pages 1-23.
- Sanjay G. Reddy & Camelia Minoiu, 2005. "Real Income Stagnation of Countries, 1960-2001," Development and Comp Systems 0509004, EconWPA.
- Sanjay G. Reddy & Camelia Minoiu, 2006. "Real Income Stagnation of Countries, 1960-2001," Working Papers 28, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Angus Deaton, 2005.
"Measuring Poverty in a Growing World (or Measuring Growth in a Poor World),"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 87(1), pages 1-19, February.
- Angus Deaton, 2003. "Measuring Poverty in a Growing World (or Measuring Growth in a Poor World)," NBER Working Papers 9822, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Angus Deaton, 2004. "Measuring poverty in a growing world (or measuring growth in a poor world)," Working Papers 178, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Research Program in Development Studies..
- Milanovic, Branko, 2007. "An even higher global inequality than previously thought," MPRA Paper 6676, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Shaohua Chen & Martin Ravallion, 2010.
"The Developing World is Poorer than We Thought, But No Less Successful in the Fight Against Poverty,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 125(4), pages 1577-1625.
- Chen, Shaohua & Ravallion, Martin, 2008. "The developing world is poorer than we thought, but no less successful in the fight against poverty," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4703, The World Bank.
- Sudhir Anand & Paul Segal, 2008. "What Do We Know about Global Income Inequality?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 46(1), pages 57-94, March.
- Lant Pritchett, 1997. "Divergence, Big Time," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 3-17, Summer.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- National vices, global virtue: Is the world becoming more equal?
by Branko Milanovic in globalinequality on 2014-12-22 21:49:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Yin‐Wong Cheung & Eiji Fujii, 2014.
"Exchange Rate Misalignment Estimates—Sources Of Differences,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 19(2), pages 91-121, March.
- Cheung, Yin-Wong & Fujii, Eiji, 2011. "Exchange rate misalignment estimates : Sources of differences," BOFIT Discussion Papers 25/2011, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Yin-Wong Cheung & Eiji Fujii, 2011. "Exchange Rate Misalingment Estimates - Sources of Differences," CESifo Working Paper Series 3555, CESifo Group Munich.
- Vladimir Popov, 2010.
"Development theories and development experience: half a century journey,"
w0153, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Popov, Vladimir, 2010. "Development theories and development experience: half a century journey," MPRA Paper 28111, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Popov, Vladimir, 2015. "Catching Up: Developing Countries in Pursuit of Growth," MPRA Paper 65878, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Popov, Vladimir, 2015.
"Разрыв Между Югом И Западом По Уровню Экономического Развития Сокращается?
[Catching up: Developing countries in pursuit of growth]," MPRA Paper 65893, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jan Fagerberg, 2010.
"The Changing Global Economic Landscape: The Factors that Matter,"
Chapters,in: The Shape of the Division of Labour, chapter 1
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Jan Fagerberg, 2013. "The changing global economic landscape: What are the factors that matter?," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20130201, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Peter H. Lindert, 2016. "Purchasing Power Disparity before 1914," NBER Working Papers 22896, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Fagerberg , Jan & Srholec , Martin, 2015. "Capabilities, Competitiveness, Nations," Papers in Innovation Studies 2015/2, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Majid, Nomaan., 2009. "The global recession and developing countries," ILO Working Papers 994482673402676, International Labour Organization.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:448267 is not listed on IDEAS
- Milanovic, Branko, 2011. "A short history of global inequality: The past two centuries," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 494-506.
More about this item
KeywordsInequality; Poverty Impact Evaluation; Emerging Markets; Equity and Development; Economic Theory&Research;
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-10-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2009-10-03 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2009-10-03 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5061. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.