Commitments, Intentions, Truth and Nash Equilibria
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Rabin, Matthew, 1990. "Communication between rational agents," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 51(1), pages 144-170, June.
- Joseph Farrell & Matthew Rabin, 1996. "Cheap Talk," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 10(3), pages 103-118, Summer.
- Berger, Ulrich, 2008. "Learning in games with strategic complementarities revisited," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 143(1), pages 292-301, November.
- Mas-Colell, Andreu & Whinston, Michael D. & Green, Jerry R., 1995. "Microeconomic Theory," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195102680.
- Farrell Joseph, 1993.
"Meaning and Credibility in Cheap-Talk Games,"
Games and Economic Behavior,
Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 514-531, October.
- Farrell, Joseph, 1986. "Meaning and Credibility in Cheap-Talk Games," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt4968n3fz, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Joseph Farrell., 1986. "Meaning and Credibility in Cheap-Talk Games," Economics Working Papers 8609, University of California at Berkeley.
- J. Farrell, 2010. "Meaning and Credibility in Cheap Talk Games," Levine's Working Paper Archive 533, David K. Levine.
- Ro’i Zultan, 2013.
"Timing of messages and the Aumann conjecture: a multiple-selves approach,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 42(4), pages 789-800, November.
- Roi Zultan, 2011. "Timing of Messages and the Aumann Conjecture: A multiple-Selves Approach," Working Papers 1109, Ben-Gurion University of the Negev, Department of Economics.
- David Avis & Gabriel Rosenberg & Rahul Savani & Bernhard Stengel, 2010. "Enumeration of Nash equilibria for two-player games," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 42(1), pages 9-37, January.
- Tore Ellingsen & Robert Östling, 2010.
"When Does Communication Improve Coordination?,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 100(4), pages 1695-1724, September.
- Ellingsen, Tore & Östling, Robert, 2007. "When Does Communication Improve Coordination?," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 680, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 13 Oct 2009.
- Baliga, Sandeep & Morris, Stephen, 2002. "Co-ordination, Spillovers, and Cheap Talk," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 450-468, August.
- Kartik, Navin & Ottaviani, Marco & Squintani, Francesco, 2007. "Credulity, lies, and costly talk," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 134(1), pages 93-116, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Karl H. Schlag & Péter Vida, 2014. "Believing when Credible: Talking about Future Plans," Vienna Economics Papers 1409, University of Vienna, Department of Economics.
- Schlag, Karl H. & Vida, Péter, 2015. "Believing when Credible: Talking about Future Plans and Past Actions," Discussion Paper Series of SFB/TR 15 Governance and the Efficiency of Economic Systems 517, Free University of Berlin, Humboldt University of Berlin, University of Bonn, University of Mannheim, University of Munich.
- Forges, Françoise & Horst, Ulrich, 2017. "Sender-Receiver Games with Cooperation," Rationality and Competition Discussion Paper Series 17, CRC TRR 190 Rationality and Competition.
More about this item
KeywordsPre-play communication; cheap talk; coordination.;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-11-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CTA-2013-11-02 (Contract Theory & Applications)
- NEP-GTH-2013-11-02 (Game Theory)
- NEP-HPE-2013-11-02 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MIC-2013-11-02 (Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:trf:wpaper:438. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tamilla Benkelberg). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .