Quest for the best: How to measure central bank independence and show its relation with inflation?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Banaian, King & Burdekin, Richard C K & Willett, Thomas D, 1998. "Reconsidering the Principal Components of Central Bank Independence: The More the Merrier?," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 97(1-2), pages 1-12, October.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:39:y:2005:i:4:p:843-865 is not listed on IDEAS
- de Haan, Jakob & Hillman, Arye L. & Ursprung, Heinrich W., 2004. "Economic research on terror," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 291-292, June.
- Forder, J., 2000. "Traps in the Measurement of Independence and Accountability of Central Banks," Economics Series Working Papers 9923, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Mark M. Spiegel, 1998. "Central bank independence and inflation expectations: evidence from British index-linked gilts," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 3-14.
- Cukierman, Alex & Webb, Steven B & Neyapti, Bilin, 1992. "Measuring the Independence of Central Banks and Its Effect on Policy Outcomes," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 6(3), pages 353-398, September.
- repec:mes:jeciss:v:33:y:1999:i:1:p:23-40 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:oxf:wpaper:23 is not listed on IDEAS
- Marco Arnone & Bernard J Laurens & Jean-François Segalotto & Martin Sommer, 2009. "Central Bank Autonomy: Lessons from Global Trends," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 56(2), pages 263-296, June.
- Guy Debelle & Stanley Fischer, 1994. "How independent should a central bank be?," Conference Series ; [Proceedings], Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, vol. 38, pages 195-225.
- Sturm, Jan-Egbert & Haan, Jakob de, 2001.
"Inflation in developing countries: does Central Bank independence matter?,"
CCSO Working Papers
200101, University of Groningen, CCSO Centre for Economic Research.
- Jan-Egbert Sturm & Jakob de Haan, 2001. "Inflation in Developing Countries: Does Central Bank Independence Matter?," CESifo Working Paper Series 511, CESifo Group Munich.
- Loungani, Prakash & Sheets, Nathan, 1997.
"Central Bank Independence, Inflation, and Growth in Transition Economies,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 381-399, August.
- Prakash Loungani & Nathan Sheets, 1995. "Central bank independence, inflation and growth in transition economies," International Finance Discussion Papers 519, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Krause, Stefan & Méndez, Fabio, 2008.
"Institutions, arrangements and preferences for inflation stability: Evidence and lessons from a panel data analysis,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 282-307, March.
- Stefan Krause & Fabio Mendez, 2005. "Institutions, Arrangements, and Preferences for Inflation Stability: Evidence and Lessons from a Panel Data Analysis," Emory Economics 0501, Department of Economics, Emory University (Atlanta).
- repec:dgr:rugccs:200101 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andreas Freytag & Donato Masciandaro, 2005. "Financial Supervision Fragmentation and Central Bank Independence: The Two Sides of the Same Coin?," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft (Expired!) 14/2005, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W., 1993. "Central bank independence in twelve industrial countries," Other publications TiSEM 0401b17a-e2c7-4179-ace9-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Eijffinger, S. & De Hann, J., 1995.
"The Political Economy of Central Bank Independence,"
9587, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Eijffinger, S-C-W & de Haan, J, 1996. "The Political Economy of Central-Bank Independence," Princeton Studies in International Economics 19, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Wojciech S. Maliszewski, 2000. "Central Bank Independence in Transition Economies," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 8(3), pages 749-789, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Donato Masciandaro & Paola Profeta & Davide Romelli, 2016. "Gender and Monetary Policymaking: Trends and Drivers," BAFFI CAREFIN Working Papers 1512, BAFFI CAREFIN, Centre for Applied Research on International Markets Banking Finance and Regulation, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy.
- Lucia Dalla Pellegrina & Donato Masciandaro & Rosaria Vega Pansini, 2011. "New Advantages of Tying One’s Hands: Banking Supervision, Monetary Policy and Central Bank Independence," Chapters,in: Handbook of Central Banking, Financial Regulation and Supervision, chapter 8 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Dalla Pellegrina, L. & Masciandaro, D. & Pansini, R.V., 2013. "The central banker as prudential supervisor: Does independence matter?," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 415-427.
- Dumitriu, Ramona & Stefanescu, Răzvan, 2013.
"Decizii strategice ale politicii monetare
[Strategic decisions of the Monetary Policy]," MPRA Paper 51242, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 05 Nov 2013.
More about this item
Keywordsinstitution; central bank independence; panel data;
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- E50 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-01-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2009-01-17 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2009-01-17 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2009-01-17 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tkk:dpaper:dp37. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Aleksandra Maslowska). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tukkkfi.html .