The risky steady state
We propose a simple quantitative method to linearize around the risky steady state of a small open economy. Unlike when the deterministic steady state is used, the net foreign asset position is well defined. We allow for stochastic income and stochastic interest rate.
|Date of creation:||2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.sciencespo.fr/|
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Stephanie Schmitt-Grohe & Martin Uribe, 2001.
"Closing Small Open Economy Models,"
Departmental Working Papers
200115, Rutgers University, Department of Economics.
- repec:fth:starer:8415 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gary Chamberlain & Charles A. Wilson, 2000.
"Optimal Intertemporal Consumption Under Uncertainty,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 3(3), pages 365-395, July.
- Richard H. Clarida, 1984.
"Consumption, Liquidity Constraints and Asset Accumulation in the Presence of Random Income Fluctuations,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
705R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised Jul 1985.
- Clarida, Richard H, 1987. "Consumption, Liquidity Constraints and Asset Accumulation in the Presence of Random Income Fluctuations," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 28(2), pages 339-51, June.
- Michel Juillard & Ondra Kamenik, 2005. "Solving SDGE Models: Approximation About The Stochastic Steady State," Computing in Economics and Finance 2005 106, Society for Computational Economics.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 2001.
"A Theory of the Consumption Function, with and without Liquidity Constraints,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 15(3), pages 23-45, Summer.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 2001. "Codes for A Theory of the Consumption Function, With and Without Liquidity Constraints," QM&RBC Codes 37, Quantitative Macroeconomics & Real Business Cycles.
- Christopher D. Carroll, 2001. "A Theory of the Consumption Function, With and Without Liquidity Constraints (Expanded Version)," NBER Working Papers 8387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spo:wpmain:info:hdl:2441/c8dmi8nm4pdjkuc9g704ld0h3. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Spire @ Sciences Po Library)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.