The Effect of Professional Sports on the Earnings of Individuals: Evidence from Microeconomic Data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dennis Coates & Brad Humphreys, 2011. "The effect of professional sports on the earnings of individuals: evidence from microeconomic data," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(29), pages 4449-4459.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kevin M. Murphy & Finis Welch, 1992. "The Structure of Wages," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 107(1), pages 285-326.
- Carlino, Gerald & Coulson, N. Edward, 2004.
"Compensating differentials and the social benefits of the NFL,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 56(1), pages 25-50, July.
- Gerald A. Carlino & N. Edward Coulson, 2002. "Compensating differentials and the social benefits of the NFL," Working Papers 02-12, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia, revised 01 Sep 2003.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 1999. "The growth effects of sport franchises, stadia, and arenas," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 18(4), pages 601-624.
- Dennis Coates & Brad R. Humphreys, 2001. "The Economic Consequences of Professional Sports Strikes and Lockouts," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 67(3), pages 737-747, January.
- Topel, Robert H, 1986. "Local Labor Markets," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 111-143, June.
- John J. Siegfried & Andrew Zimbalist, 2000. "The Economics of Sports Facilities and Their Communities," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(3), pages 95-114, Summer.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2003. "Cluster-Sample Methods in Applied Econometrics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(2), pages 133-138, May.
- Moulton, Brent R, 1990. "An Illustration of a Pitfall in Estimating the Effects of Aggregate Variables on Micro Unit," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(2), pages 334-338, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lasse Steiner & Bruno Frey & Simone Hotz, 2015.
"European Capitals of Culture and life satisfaction,"
Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 52(2), pages 374-394, February.
- Lasse Steiner & Bruno S. Frey & Simone Hotz, 2013. "European Capitals of Culture and Life Satisfaction," CREMA Working Paper Series 2013-07, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Lasse Steiner & Bruno S. Frey & Simone Hotz, 2013. "European capitals of culture and life satisfaction," ECON - Working Papers 117, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Brooke Crutchfield & Jonathan Willner, 2016. "Football in Greater Manchester: Growth Effects of Premiership Status Teams," International Advances in Economic Research, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 22(4), pages 447-456, November.
More about this item
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- H71 - Public Economics - - State and Local Government; Intergovernmental Relations - - - State and Local Taxation, Subsidies, and Revenue
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2006-08-12 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-PBE-2006-08-12 (Public Economics)
- NEP-SPO-2006-08-12 (Sports & Economics)
- NEP-URE-2006-08-12 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spe:wpaper:0612. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Victor Matheson). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iaseeea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.