Simple tests for exogeneity of a binary explanatory variable in count data regression models
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Francois Degeorge & Francois Derrien & Kent L. Womack, 2007.
"Analyst Hype in IPOs: Explaining the Popularity of Bookbuilding,"
Review of Financial Studies,
Society for Financial Studies, vol. 20(4), pages 1021-1058.
- François Derrien & François Degeorge & K. Womack, 2007. "Analyst Hype in IPOs: Explaining the Popularity of Bookbuilding," Post-Print hal-00480839, HAL.
- Austin Nichols, 2007. "IVPOIS: Stata module to estimate an instrumental variables Poisson regression via GMM," Statistical Software Components S456890, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 03 Sep 2008.
- Peter Egger & Mario Larch & Kevin E. Staub & Rainer Winkelmann, 2011.
"The Trade Effects of Endogenous Preferential Trade Agreements,"
American Economic Journal: Economic Policy,
American Economic Association, vol. 3(3), pages 113-143, August.
- Peter Egger & Mario Larch & Kevin E. Staub & Rainer Winkelmann, 2010. "The Trade Effects of Endogenous Preferential Trade Agreements," SOI - Working Papers 1013, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Peter Egger & Mario Larch & Kevin E. Staub & Rainer Winkelmann, 2010. "The Trade Effects of Endogenous Preferential Trade Agreements," CESifo Working Paper Series 3253, CESifo Group Munich.
- Terza, Joseph V. & Basu, Anirban & Rathouz, Paul J., 2008. "Two-stage residual inclusion estimation: Addressing endogeneity in health econometric modeling," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 531-543, May.
- Terza, Joseph V., 1998. "Estimating count data models with endogenous switching: Sample selection and endogenous treatment effects," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 129-154, May.
- Chiara Monfardini & Rosalba Radice, 2008. "Testing Exogeneity in the Bivariate Probit Model: A Monte Carlo Study," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 70(2), pages 271-282, April.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:3:y:2008:i:42:p:1-13 is not listed on IDEAS
- Windmeijer, F A G & Silva, J M C Santos, 1997.
"Endogeneity in Count Data Models: An Application to Demand for Health Care,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(3), pages 281-294, May-June.
- Frank Windmeijer & Joao Santos Silva Santos Silva, 1996. "Endogeneity in count data models; an application to demand for health care," IFS Working Papers W96/15, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- J. M. C. Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2006.
"The Log of Gravity,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(4), pages 641-658, November.
- Joao Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2005. "The Log of Gravity," CEP Discussion Papers dp0701, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Santos Silva, J.M.C & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2005. "The Log of Gravity," CEPR Discussion Papers 5311, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Santos Silva, Joao & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2005. "The log of gravity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3744, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Andrés Romeu & Marcos Vera-Hernández, 2005.
"Counts with an endogenous binary regressor: A series expansion approach,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 8(1), pages 1-22, March.
- Andrés Romeu & Marcos Vera-Hernández, 2004. "Counts With An Endogenous Binary Regressor: A Series Expansion Approach," Working Papers. Serie AD 2004-36, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Alfonso Miranda, 2004.
"FIML estimation of an endogenous switching model for count data,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 4(1), pages 40-49, March.
- Alfonso Miranda Caso Luengo, 2003. "FIML estimation of an endogenous switching model for count data," United Kingdom Stata Users' Group Meetings 2003 07, Stata Users Group.
- Hiroaki Masuhara, 2008. "Semi-nonparametric count data estimation with an endogenous binary variable," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 3(42), pages 1-13.
- Quintana-Garcia, Cristina & Benavides-Velasco, Carlos A., 2008. "Innovative competence, exploration and exploitation: The influence of technological diversification," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 492-507, April.
- John Mullahy, 1997. "Instrumental-Variable Estimation Of Count Data Models: Applications To Models Of Cigarette Smoking Behavior," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 586-593, November.
- Grogger, Jeffrey, 1990. "A simple test for exogeneity in probit, logit, and poisson regression models," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 33(4), pages 329-332, August.
- Patrik Guggenberger, 2008. "The Impact of a Hausman Pretest on the Size of Hypothesis Tests," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1651, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Michael Creel, 2004. "Modified Hausman tests for inefficient estimators," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(21), pages 2373-2376.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ilja Neustadt & Peter Zweifel, 2009. "Economic Well-Being, Social Mobility, and Preferences for Income Redistribution: Evidence from a Discrete Choice Experiment," SOI - Working Papers 0909, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich, revised Jan 2010.
- Luintel, Kul B & Xu, Yongdeng, 2013. "Testing weak exogeneity in multiplicative error models," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2013/6, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- repec:fgv:epgrbe:v:66:n:4:a:3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michele Sennhauser, 2009. "Why the Linear Utility Function is a Risky Choice in Discrete-Choice Experiments," SOI - Working Papers 1014, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Polk, Andreas & Schmutzler, Armin & Müller, Adrian, 2014.
"Lobbying and the power of multinational firms,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 209-227.
- Andreas Polk & Armin Schmutzler & Adrian Muller, 2010. "Lobbying and the Power of Multinational Firms," SOI - Working Papers 1008, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Polk, Andreas & Schmutzler, Armin & Müller, Adrian, 2013. "Lobbying and the Power of Multinational Firms," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79875, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Maurus Rischatsch, 2009. "Simulating WTP Values from Random-Coefficient Models," SOI - Working Papers 0912, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
- Richardson, Leslie A. & Champ, Patricia A. & Loomis, John B., 2012. "The hidden cost of wildfires: Economic valuation of health effects of wildfire smoke exposure in Southern California," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 14-35.
- Geraci, A. & Fabbri, D. & Monfardini, C., 2014.
"Testing exogeneity of multinomial regressors in count data models: does two stage residual inclusion work?,"
Health, Econometrics and Data Group (HEDG) Working Papers
14/03, HEDG, c/o Department of Economics, University of York.
- A. Geraci & D. Fabbri & C. Monfardini, 2014. "Testing exogeneity of multinomial regressors in count data models: does two stage residual inclusion work?," Working Papers wp921, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Maurus Rischatsch & Maria Trottmann, 2009. "Physician dispensing and the choice between generic and brand-name drugs – Do margins affect choice?," SOI - Working Papers 0911, Socioeconomic Institute - University of Zurich.
More about this item
KeywordsEndogeneity; Poisson; dummy variable; testing;
- C12 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Hypothesis Testing: General
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:soz:wpaper:0904. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Marita Kieser). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/seizhch.html .