Modelling Opportunity Cost Effects in Money Demand due to Openness
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hendry, David F. & Massmann, Michael, 2007. "Co-Breaking: Recent Advances and a Synopsis of the Literature," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 25, pages 33-51, January.
- Friedman, Milton, 1988. "Money and the Stock Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 96(2), pages 221-245, April.
- Baharumshah, Ahmad Zubaidi & Mohd, Siti Hamizah & Mansur M. Masih, A., 2009. "The stability of money demand in China: Evidence from the ARDL model," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 231-244, September.
- Glick, Reuven & Hutchison, Michael, 2009.
"Navigating the trilemma: Capital flows and monetary policy in China,"
Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 205-224, May.
- Reuven Glick & Michael Hutchison, 2008. "Navigating the Trilemma: Capital Flows and Monetary Policy in China," Working Papers 252008, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Reuven Glick & Michael M. Hutchison, 2008. "Navigating the trilemma: capital flows and monetary policy in China," Working Paper Series 2008-32, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Hendry, David F. & Ericsson, Neil R., 1991.
"Modeling the demand for narrow money in the United Kingdom and the United States,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 833-881, May.
- Neil R. Ericsson & David F. Hendry, 1990. "Modeling the demand for narrow money in the United Kingdom and the United States," International Finance Discussion Papers 383, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Berkelmans, Leon & Kelly, Gerard & Sadeghian, Dena, 2016. "Chinese monetary policy and the banking system," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 38-55.
- William Poole, 1969.
"Optimal choice of monetary policy instruments in a simple stochastic macro model,"
Special Studies Papers
2, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- William Poole, 1970. "Optimal choice of monetary policy instruments in a simple stochastic macro model," Staff Studies 57, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Subramanian S Sriram, 1999. "Survey of Literature on Demand for Money; Theoretical and Empirical Work with Special Reference to Error-Correction Models," IMF Working Papers 1999/064, International Monetary Fund.
- Chen-Huan Shieh & Shou-Hsiang Liu & Chung-Ching Lee, 2017. "How Stable is the Money Demand in Taiwan?," International Journal of Economics and Financial Research, Academic Research Publishing Group, vol. 3(5), pages 54-64, 05-2017.
- Stock, James H & Watson, Mark W, 2002. "Macroeconomic Forecasting Using Diffusion Indexes," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 20(2), pages 147-162, April.
- Hendry, David F., 1995. "Dynamic Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198283164.
- Joaquim Vieira Ferreira Levy & Alessandro Calza & Dieter Gerdesmeier, 2001. "Euro Area Money Demand; Measuring the Opportunity Costs Appropriately," IMF Working Papers 2001/179, International Monetary Fund.
- Makram El-Shagi & Yizhuang Zheng, 2017. "Money Demand in China: A Meta-Study," CFDS Discussion Paper Series 2017/3, Center for Financial Development and Stability at Henan University, Kaifeng, Henan, China.
- Claudio Borio, 2014.
"The international monetary and financial system: its Achilles heel and what to do about it,"
BIS Working Papers
456, Bank for International Settlements.
- Claudio Borio, 2014. "The international monetary and financial system: its Achilles heel and what to do about it," Globalization Institute Working Papers 203, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Choudhry, Taufiq, 1996. "Real stock prices and the long-run money demand function: evidence from Canada and the USA," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 1-17, February.
- A. C. Arize, 1994. "An Econometric Analysis of Money Demand in Taiwan, 1950â€“1989," The American Economist, Sage Publications, vol. 38(1), pages 27-35, March.
- Wu, Chung-Shu & Lin, Jin-Lung & Tiao, George C. & Cho, David D., 2005. "Is money demand in Taiwan stable?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 327-346, March.
- Miao Han, 2012. "The People's Bank of China during the global financial crisis: policy responses and beyond," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 361-390, August.
- Claudio Borio, 2013.
"The Great Financial Crisis: Setting priorities for new statistics,"
Journal of Banking Regulation, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 14(3-4), pages 306-317, July.
- Claudio Borio, 2013. "The Great Financial Crisis: setting priorities for new statistics," BIS Working Papers 408, Bank for International Settlements.
- William Poole, 1970. "Optimal Choice of Monetary Policy Instruments in a Simple Stochastic Macro Model," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 84(2), pages 197-216.
- Milton Friedman & Anna J. Schwartz, 1982. "Monetary Trends in the United States and United Kingdom: Their Relation to Income, Prices, and Interest Rates, 1867–1975," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number frie82-2, March.
- Abdur Chowdhury, 1995. "The demand for money in a small open economy: The case of Switzerland," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 6(2), pages 131-144, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ahmad Baharumshah & Siew-Voon Soon, 2015. "Demand for broad money in Singapore: does wealth matter?," Journal of Economics and Finance, Springer;Academy of Economics and Finance, vol. 39(3), pages 557-573, July.
- Frauke Dobnik, 2011. "OLong-run Money Demand in OECD Countries – Cross-Member Cointegration," Ruhr Economic Papers 0237, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Kumar, Saten, 2011. "Financial reforms and money demand: Evidence from 20 developing countries," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 323-334, September.
- repec:zbw:rwirep:0237 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dobnik, Frauke, 2011. "Long-run Money Demand in OECD Countries – Cross-Member Cointegration," Ruhr Economic Papers 237, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-University Bochum, TU Dortmund University, University of Duisburg-Essen.
- Frauke Dobnik, 2013. "Long-run money demand in OECD countries: what role do common factors play?," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 45(1), pages 89-113, August.
- David F. Hendry & Grayham E. Mizon, 2016. "Improving the teaching of econometrics," Cogent Economics & Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(1), pages 1170096-117, December.
- Francesco Saraceno & Roberto Tamborini, 2015.
"How can it work? On the impact of quantitative easing in the Eurozone,"
DEM Working Papers
2015/03, Department of Economics and Management.
- Roberto Tamborini & Francesco Saraceno, 2016. "How can it work ? On the impact of quantitative easing in the Eurozone," Sciences Po publications 2016-13, Sciences Po.
- Francesco Saraceno & Roberto Tamborini, 2015. "How can it work ? On the impact of quantitative easing in the Eurozone," Sciences Po publications 2015/03, Sciences Po.
- Saraceno, Francesco & Tamborini , Roberto, 2016. "How can it work? On the impact of quantitative easing in the Eurozone," SEP Working Papers 2016/1, LUISS School of European Political Economy.
- Roberto Tamborini & Francesco Saraceno, 2016. "How can it work ? On the impact of quantitative easing in the eurozone," Documents de Travail de l'OFCE 2016-13, Observatoire Francais des Conjonctures Economiques (OFCE).
- Duo Qin & Qingchao Wang, 2016. "Predictive Macro-Impacts of PLS-based Financial Conditions Indices: An Application to the USA," Working Papers 201, Department of Economics, SOAS, University of London, UK.
- César Carrera, 2016. "Long-run Money Demand in Latin American Countries: A Nonstationary Panel Data Approach," Monetaria, Centro de Estudios Monetarios Latinoamericanos, CEMLA, vol. 0(1), pages 121-152, January-j.
- Akhand Akhtar Hossain, 2015. "The Evolution of Central Banking and Monetary Policy in the Asia-Pacific," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 14611.
- Vittorio Daniele & Pasquale Foresti & Oreste Napolitano, 2017.
"The stability of money demand in the long-run: Italy 1861–2011,"
Cliometrica, Springer;Cliometric Society (Association Francaise de Cliométrie), vol. 11(2), pages 217-244, May.
- Daniele, Vittorio & Foresti, Pasquale & Napolitano, Oreste, 2017. "The stability of money demand in the long-run: Italy 1861–2011," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67219, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Khalfaoui, Rabeh & Padhan, Hemachandra & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar & Hammoudeh, Shawkat, 2020. "Understanding the time-frequency dynamics of money demand, oil prices and macroeconomic variables: The case of India," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C).
- Duca, John V. & VanHoose, David D., 2004. "Recent developments in understanding the demand for money," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 56(4), pages 247-272.
- Cassola, Nuno & Morana, Claudio, 2004.
"Monetary policy and the stock market in the euro area,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 26(3), pages 387-399, April.
- Cassola, Nuno & Morana, Claudio, 2002. "Monetary policy and the stock market in the euro area," Working Paper Series 0119, European Central Bank.
- B Bhaskara Rao & Rup Singh, 2005. "A Cointegration And Error Correction Approach To Demand For Money In Fiji: 1971-2002," Macroeconomics 0511012, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Saten Kumar & Don J. Webber, 2013.
"Australasian money demand stability: application of structural break tests,"
Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(8), pages 1011-1025, March.
- Kumar, Saten & Webber, Don J., 2010. "Australasian money demand stability: Application of structural break tests," MPRA Paper 27569, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carstensen, Kai, 2004. "Is European Money Demand Still Stable?," Kiel Working Papers 1179, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Beyer, Andreas, 2009. "A Stable Model for Euro Area Money Demand: Revisiting the Role of Wealth," Working Paper Series 1111, European Central Bank.
- Mouyad Alsamara & Zouhair Mrabet, 2019. "Asymmetric impacts of foreign exchange rate on the demand for money in Turkey: new evidence from nonlinear ARDL," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 335-356, April.
- Luca Dedola & Eugenio Gaiotti & Luca Silipo, 2001.
"Money demand in the euro area: do national differences matter?,"
Temi di discussione (Economic working papers)
405, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Luca Dedola & Eugenio Gaiotti & Luca Silipo, 2004. "Money Demand in theEuroArea: Do National Differences Matter?," Macroeconomics 0404019, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Apr 2004.
More about this item
Keywordsmoney demand; opportunity cost; open economy;
All these keywords.
- E41 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Demand for Money
- F41 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Open Economy Macroeconomics
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- O53 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Asia including Middle East
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBA-2019-09-30 (Central Banking)
- NEP-CNA-2019-09-30 (China)
- NEP-MAC-2019-09-30 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2019-09-30 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-OPM-2019-09-30 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
- NEP-TRA-2019-09-30 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:soa:wpaper:225. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Yannis Dafermos). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/desoauk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.