Impact of Pricing Schemes on a Market for Software-as-a-Service and Perpetual Software
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Marcel Risch & Jorn Altmann, 2009. "Enabling Open Cloud Markets Through WS-Agreement Extensions," TEMEP Discussion Papers 200920, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Oct 2009.
- Harikesh Nair, 2007.
"Intertemporal price discrimination with forward-looking consumers: Application to the US market for console video-games,"
Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME),
Springer, vol. 5(3), pages 239-292, September.
- Nair, Harikesh S., 2006. "Intertemporal Price Discrimination with Forward-Looking Consumers: Application to the US Market for Console Video-Games," Research Papers 1947, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Jorn Altmann & Juthasit Rohitratana, 2009. "Software Resource Management Considering the Interrelation between Explicit Cost, Energy Consumption, and Implicit Cost: A Decision Support Model for IT Managers," TEMEP Discussion Papers 200936, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Nov 2009.
- Yasushi Masuda & Seungjin Whang, 1999. "Dynamic Pricing for Network Service: Equilibrium and Stability," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(6), pages 857-869, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:elcore:v:17:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10660-016-9238-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Price, Michael & Tamm, Gerrit & Stantchev, Vladimir, 2012. "SaaS marketplaces: Visions from theory and experience from practice," 19th ITS Biennial Conference, Bangkok 2012: Moving Forward with Future Technologies - Opening a Platform for All 72513, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Luisanna Cocco & Michele Marchesi, 2016. "Modeling and Simulation of the Economics of Mining in the Bitcoin Market," Papers 1605.01354, arXiv.org.
- Netsanet Haile & Jörn Altmann, 2017. "Evaluating Investments in Portability and Interoperability between Software Service Platforms," TEMEP Discussion Papers 2017136, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised May 2017.
- Kibae Kim & Songhee Kang & Jorn Altmann, 2014. "Cloud Goliath Versus a Federation of Cloud Davids: Survey of Economic Theories on Cloud Federation," TEMEP Discussion Papers 2014117, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised Jul 2014.
- Netsanet Haile & Jorn Altmann, 2015. "Risk-Benefit-Mediated Impact of Determinants on the Adoption of Cloud Federation," TEMEP Discussion Papers 2015122, Seoul National University; Technology Management, Economics, and Policy Program (TEMEP), revised May 2015.
- Jhih-Hua Jhang-Li & Cheng-Wei Chang, 0. "Analyzing the operation of cloud supply chain: adoption barriers and business model," Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-34.
More about this item
KeywordsSaaS; Software-as-a-Service pricing; perpetual software pricing; agent-based simulation; Analytic Hierarchy Process (AHP); dynamic pricing; decision support; demand-driven pricing; derivative-follower pricing; penetration pricing; skimming pricing.;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- C51 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Model Construction and Estimation
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- C63 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Computational Techniques
- D40 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - General
- D45 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Rationing; Licensing
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- L24 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Contracting Out; Joint Ventures
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- M15 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - IT Management
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2012-04-17 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-IND-2012-04-17 (Industrial Organization)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:snv:dp2009:201288. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jorn Altmann). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/tesnukr.html .