Model for Studying Commodity Bundling with a Focus on Consumer Preference
As various mobile contents can be delivered over mobile platform, mobile contents have been considered as new profit opportunities, Choices of mobile contents and mobile terminals are not independent but closely related. Accordingly, this paper analyses consumer preferences and correlations between the adoption of mobile phones and mobile contents. Based on survey data, multinomial logit and multivariate probit models with a Bayesian approach are used for understanding structures of consumer preferences. The results show not only consumer preferences for specific features of mobile phones and complementary relations between various types of mobile contents but also significant correlations between the adoption of phones and of contents. The results identify necessities of releasing phones with full web browsers in specific forms as well as providing product and services with an integrated view for both mobile phones and mobile contents. Also, the study presents information and new business opportunities for the telecommunication market.
|Date of creation:||Nov 2009|
|Date of revision:||Nov 2009|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: 599 Gwanak-Ro, Gwanak-Gu, Seoul 151-744|
Web page: http://temep.snu.ac.kr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Baourakis, G. & Matsatsinis, N. F. & Siskos, Y., 1996. "Agricultural product development using multidimensional and multicriteria analyses: The case of wine," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 321-334, October.
- Yeonbae Kim & Jeong-Dong Lee & Daeyoung Koh, 2005. "Effects of consumer preferences on the convergence of mobile telecommunications devices," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(7), pages 817-826.
- Baltas, George, 2004. "A model for multiple brand choice," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(1), pages 144-149, April.
- Hsu, Chin-Lung & Lu, Hsi-Peng & Hsu, Huei-Hsia, 2007. "Adoption of the mobile Internet: An empirical study of multimedia message service (MMS)," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 35(6), pages 715-726, December.
- Ishii, Kenichi, 2004. "Internet use via mobile phone in Japan," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 43-58, February.
- McCulloch, Robert & Rossi, Peter E., 1994. "An exact likelihood analysis of the multinomial probit model," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 207-240.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:snv:dp2009:200935. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jorn Altmann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.