Education for Rural People: A Neglected Key To Food Security
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maxwell, Simon, 1996. "Food security: a post-modern perspective," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 155-170, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Maurice Mutisya & Moses W. Ngware & Caroline W. Kabiru & Ngianga-bakwin Kandala, 2016. "The effect of education on household food security in two informal urban settlements in Kenya: a longitudinal analysis," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(4), pages 743-756, August.
- Priyanka Singh & Mini Goyal & Bishwa Bhaskar Choudhary, 2022. "How sustainable is food system in India? mapping evidence from the state of Punjab," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 24(12), pages 14348-14374, December.
- Kelly, Jeri L. & Pemberton, Carlisle, 2016. "An Assessment of the Household Food Security Status and Local Foods Grown in Rural Bahamas," Farm and Business - The Journal of the Caribbean Agro-Economic Society, Caribbean Agro-Economic Society, vol. 8(1), pages 1-16.
- Kelly, Jeri L. & Pemberton, Carlisle, 2016. "An Assessment of the Household Food Security Status and Local Foods Grown in Rural Bahamas," 31st West Indies Agricultural Economics Conference, August 10-14, 2015, Saint Croix, U.S. Virgin Islands 243181, Caribbean Agro-Economic Society.
- Bajmócy, Zoltán & Gébert, Judit, 2014. "The outlines of innovation policy in the capability approach," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 93-102.
- Ogunniyi, Adebayo Isaiah & Mavrotas, George & Olagunju, Kehinde Oluseyi & Fadare, Olusegun & Adedoyin, Rufai, 2020. "Governance quality, remittances and their implications for food and nutrition security in Sub-Saharan Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 127(C).
- Burchi, Francesco & De Muro, Pasquale, 2016. "From food availability to nutritional capabilities: Advancing food security analysis," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 10-19.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Vincent Gitz & Alexandre Meybeck, 2011. "The establishment of the High Level Panel of Experts on food security and nutrition (HLPE). Shared, independent and comprehensive knowledge for international policy coherence in food security and nutr," Working Papers hal-00866427, HAL.
- Smith, Lisa C., 1998. "Can FAO's measure of chronic undernourishment be strengthened?," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(5), pages 425-445, October.
- Maxwell, Daniel & Ahiadeke, Clement & Levin, Carol & Armar-Klemesu, Margaret & Zakariah, Sawudatu & Lamptey, Grace Mary, 1999. "Alternative food-security indicators: revisiting the frequency and severity of 'coping strategies'," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 411-429, August.
- Barbara Seed & Tim Lang & Martin Caraher & Aleck Ostry, 2013. "Integrating food security into public health and provincial government departments in British Columbia, Canada," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 30(3), pages 457-470, September.
- Fander Falconí & Juan Cadillo Benalcazar & Freddy Llive Cóndor & Jesus Ramos-Martin & Belén Liger, 2015. "Pérdida de autosuficiencia alimentaria y posibilidades de complementariedad agrícola en los países de UNASUR," Documentos de Trabajo CEPROEC 2015_06, Instituto de Altos Estudios Nacionales, Centro de Prospectiva Estratégica.
- Benjamin Davis, 2002.
"Is it Possible to Avoid a Lemon? Reflections on Choosing a Poverty Mapping Method,"
Working Papers in Food Policy and Nutrition
08, Friedman School of Nutrition Science and Policy.
- Benjamin Davis, 2002. "Is it possible to avoid a lemon? Reflections on choosing a poverty mapping method," Working Papers 02-07, Agricultural and Development Economics Division of the Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations (FAO - ESA).
- Davis, Benjamin, 2002. "Is it possible to avoid a lemon? Reflections on choosing a poverty mapping method," ESA Working Papers 289107, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Agricultural Development Economics Division (ESA).
- Anna-Lisa Noack & Nicky Pouw, 2015. "A blind spot in food and nutrition security: where culture and social change shape the local food plate," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 32(2), pages 169-182, June.
- Feleke, Shiferaw T. & Kilmer, Richard L. & Gladwin, Christina H., 2003. "Determinants Of Food Security In Southern Ethiopia," 2003 Annual meeting, July 27-30, Montreal, Canada 22010, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- C. Larochez-Dupraz & M. Huchet-Bourdon, 2016.
"Agricultural support and vulnerability of food security to trade in developing countries,"
Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 8(6), pages 1191-1206, December.
- Laroche-Dupraz, Cathie & Huchet-Bourdon, Marilyne, 2016. "Agricultural support and vulnerability of food security to trade in developing countries," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 234941, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Suzanne Kapelari & Georgios Alexopoulos & Theano Moussouri & Konstantin J. Sagmeister & Florian Stampfer, 2020. "Food Heritage Makes a Difference: The Importance of Cultural Knowledge for Improving Education for Sustainable Food Choices," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 12(4), pages 1-23, February.
- Elena Grimaccia & Alessia Naccarato, 2020. "Confirmatory factor analysis to validate a new measure of food insecurity: perceived and actual constructs," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 54(4), pages 1211-1232, August.
- Kidane, Habtom & Alemu, Zerihun Gudeta & Kundhlande, Godfrey, 2004. "Causes of Household Food Insecurity in Koredegaga Peasant Association, Oromiya Zone, Ethiopia," 2004 Inaugural Symposium, December 6-8, 2004, Nairobi, Kenya 9540, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Samuel K. Gayi, 2006. "Does the WTO Agreement on Agriculture Endanger Food Security in Sub-Saharan Africa?," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2006-60, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- repec:idb:brikps:375 is not listed on IDEAS
- Spyros Kolovos & Gerardo A Zavala & Anne Sophie Leijen & Hugo Melgar-Quiñonez & Maurits Tulder, 2020. "Household food insecurity is associated with depressive symptoms: results from a Mexican population-based survey," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 12(2), pages 407-416, April.
- Nanama, Siméon & Frongillo, Edward A., 2012. "Women’s rank modifies the relationship between household and women’s food insecurity in complex households in northern Burkina Faso," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 217-225.
- Cinzia Piatti & Angga Dwiartama, 2016. "From food security to the enactment of change: introduction to the symposium," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 33(1), pages 135-139, March.
- Itay Fischhendler & David Katz, 2013. "The use of “security” jargon in sustainable development discourse: evidence from UN Commission on Sustainable Development," International Environmental Agreements: Politics, Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 321-342, September.
- Badolo, Felix & Kinda, Somlanare Romuald, 2012. "Climatic shocks and food security in developing countries," MPRA Paper 43006, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- M. Huchet Bourdon & C. Laroche Dupraz, 2014. "National food security: a framework for public policy and international trade," FOODSECURE Working papers 17, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Smith, Lisa C. & El Obeid, Amani E. & Jensen, Helen H., 2000.
"The geography and causes of food insecurity in developing countries,"
Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 22(2), pages 199-215, March.
- Smith, Lisa C. & Elobeid, Amani & Jensen, Helen H. & Johnson, Stanley R., 1999. "Geography and Causes of Food Insecurity in Developing Countries (The)," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1651, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Smith, L. & Elobeid, Amani & Jensen, Helen H., 2000. "Geography and Causes of Food Insecurity in Developing Countries (The)," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5013, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsEducation; Food Security; Human Development; Cross-;
All these keywords.
- I2 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2007-09-02 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2007-09-02 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-DEV-2007-09-02 (Development)
- NEP-EDU-2007-09-02 (Education)
- NEP-HRM-2007-09-02 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rtr:wpaper:0078. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dero3it.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Telephone for information (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dero3it.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.