Valuing an Entrepreneurial Enterprise
This paper focuses on valuation issues and methods that are related to a closely-held entrepreneurial enterprise. This focus is motivated by the fact that the number of small closely held business start-ups, which we refer to broadly by the term entrepreneurial enterprises, continues to grow year after year, and new business ventures remain the primary source for employment growth in the United States and most industrialized nations. And, the topic of the valuation of an entrepreneurial enterprise has for the most part been ignored. The traditional approaches to the valuation of small closely held entrepreneurial enterprises are, in our view, wanting in a number of important respects. Simply, traditional valuation methods are modeled in a manner that is applicable to a going-concern business with a history of sales and revenues. That is not the case for an entrepreneurial enterprise as we define it, and thus the use of traditional valuation methods is questionable.
|Date of creation:||10 Nov 2011|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Box 26165, Greensboro, NC 27402-6165|
Phone: (336) 334-5463
Fax: (336) 334-4089
Web page: http://www.uncg.edu/bae/econ/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Zoltán J. Ács & Pamela Mueller, 2015.
"Employment effects of business dynamics: Mice, Gazelles and Elephants,"
in: Global Entrepreneurship, Institutions and Incentives, chapter 16, pages 304-319
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Zoltan Acs & Pamela Mueller, 2008. "Employment effects of business dynamics: Mice, Gazelles and Elephants," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 85-100, January.
- Zoltan Acs & Pamela Mueller, 2006. "Employment effects of business dynamics: Mice, Gazelles and Elephants," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2006-23, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Audretsch, David B. & Link, Albert N., 2012. "Valuing an Entrepreneurial Enterprise," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199730377.
- David Audretsch & Albert Link, 2012. "Valuing an entrepreneurial enterprise," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 139-145, February.
- Audretsch, David B. & Link, Albert N., 2011. "Valuing an Entrepreneurial Enterprise," Working Papers 11-20, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- Schultz, Theodore W, 1975. "The Value of the Ability to Deal with Disequilibria," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 827-846, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)