Entrepreneurship and Innovation: Public Policy Frameworks
The purpose of this paper is to identify and unravel the disparate views toward innovation prevalent within the economic community and to link them to the various public policy approaches. These various schools of thought, or ways of thinking about the economy in general and the role of entrepreneurship and innovation in particular, not only shape how innovation and entrepreneurial activity are valued, but also the overall policy debate concerning innovation and entrepreneurship. Unraveling of these views sets highlights the disparate way in which entrepreneurial activity leading to innovation is valued.
|Date of creation:||08 Nov 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Box 26165, Greensboro, NC 27402-6165|
Phone: (336) 334-5463
Fax: (336) 334-4089
Web page: http://www.uncg.edu/bae/econ/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Smith, Adam, 1776. "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number smith1776.
- Zoltan Acs & Pamela Mueller, 2006.
"Employment effects of business dynamics: Mice, Gazelles and Elephants,"
Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy
2006-23, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Zoltan Acs & Pamela Mueller, 2008. "Employment effects of business dynamics: Mice, Gazelles and Elephants," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 30(1), pages 85-100, January.
- David B. Audretsch & Max Keilbach, 2007. "The Theory of Knowledge Spillover Entrepreneurship," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(7), pages 1242-1254, November.
- O'Mara, Margaret Pugh, 2004. "Building High-Tech Clusters: Silicon Valley and Beyond. Edited by Timothy Bresnahan and Alfonso Gambardella. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 2004. Pp. x, 369. $85.00," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 64(03), pages 919-921, September.
- Scherer, F M, 1992. "Schumpeter and Plausible Capitalism," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 30(3), pages 1416-33, September.
- Albert N. Link & John T. Scott, 2013.
"Governments as entrepreneur: Evaluating the commercialization success of SBIR projects,"
in: Public Support of Innovation in Entrepreneurial Firms, chapter 2, pages 25-38
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Link, Albert N. & Scott, John T., 2010. "Government as entrepreneur: Evaluating the commercialization success of SBIR projects," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(5), pages 589-601, June.
- Audretsch, David B. & Link, Albert N., 2011.
"Valuing an Entrepreneurial Enterprise,"
11-20, University of North Carolina at Greensboro, Department of Economics.
- Audretsch, David B. & Link, Albert N., 2012. "Valuing an Entrepreneurial Enterprise," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199730377, May.
- David Audretsch & Albert Link, 2012. "Valuing an entrepreneurial enterprise," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 139-145, February.
- Audretsch, David B., 2007.
"The Entrepreneurial Society,"
Oxford University Press, number 9780195183504, May.
- Smith, Adam, 2008. "An Inquiry into the Nature and Causes of the Wealth of Nations: A Selected Edition," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199535927 edited by Sutherland, Kathryn, May.
- David B. Audretsch, 1995. "Innovation and Industry Evolution," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262011468.
- David B. Audretsch, 2007. "From small business promotion to creating an entrepreneurial society," CESifo Forum, Ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 8(2), pages 3-6, 07.
- Robert D. Atkinson & David B. Audretsch, 2010. "Economic Doctrines and Innovation Policy," Innovations: Technology, Governance, Globalization, MIT Press, vol. 5(1), pages 163-206, January.
- Audretsch, David B. & Keilbach, Max C. & Lehmann, Erik E., 2006. "Entrepreneurship and Economic Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195183511, May.
- Schultz, Theodore W, 1975. "The Value of the Ability to Deal with Disequilibria," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 13(3), pages 827-46, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:uncgec:2011_019. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Al Link)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.