Place-Based Preferential Preferential Tax Policy and Its Spatial Effects: Evidence from India’s Program on Industrially Backward Districts
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Leslie A. Martin & Shanthi Nataraj & Ann E. Harrison, 2017.
"In with the Big, Out with the Small: Removing Small-Scale Reservations in India,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 107(2), pages 354-386, February.
- Leslie A. Martin & Shanthi Nataraj & Ann E. Harrison, 2014. "In with the Big, Out with the Small Removing Small-Scale Reservations in India," Working Papers WR-1038, RAND Corporation.
- Leslie A. Martin & Shanthi Nataraj & Ann Harrison, 2014. "In with the Big, Out with the Small: Removing Small-Scale Reservations in India," NBER Working Papers 19942, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rohini Somanathan & Hemanshu Kumar, 2009.
"Mapping Indian Districts Across Census Years, 1971-2001,"
- Hemanshu Kumar & Rohini Somanathan, 2009. "Mapping Indian Districts Across Census Years, 1971-2001," Working papers 176, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- Hanson, Andrew, 2009. "Local employment, poverty, and property value effects of geographically-targeted tax incentives: An instrumental variables approach," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 721-731, November.
- Neumark, David & Kolko, Jed, 2010.
"Do enterprise zones create jobs? Evidence from California's enterprise zone program,"
Journal of Urban Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 68(1), pages 1-19, July.
- David Neumark & Jed Kolko, 2008. "Do Enterprise Zones Create Jobs? Evidence from California's Enterprise Zone Program," NBER Working Papers 14530, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Roland Rathelot & Patrick Sillard, 2008. "The Importance of Local Corporate Taxes in Business Location Decisions: Evidence From French Micro Data," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 118(527), pages 499-514, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Chaurey, Ritam & Le, Duong Trung, 2018. "Infrastructure Grants and the Performance of Microenterprises," IZA Discussion Papers 11749, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
More about this item
Keywordsbackward districts; place-based policy; preferential tax; sharp regression discontinuity; spatial spillovers;
- H32 - Public Economics - - Fiscal Policies and Behavior of Economic Agents - - - Firm
- O14 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Industrialization; Manufacturing and Service Industries; Choice of Technology
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-GEO-2019-03-04 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2019-03-04 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
- NEP-WAR-2019-03-04 (War & peace)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:adbewp:0524. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Maria Susan M. Torres). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eradbph.html .