Report NEP-URE-2019-03-04This is the archive for NEP-URE, a report on new working papers in the area of Urban & Real Estate Economics. Steve Ross issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Zhang, Calvin, 2019. "A Shortage of Short Sales: Explaining the Underutilization of a Foreclosure Alternative," Working Papers 19-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Erlend Eide Bø, 2019. "Buy to let. Investment buyers in a housing search model," Discussion Papers 896, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
- Damianov, Damian S & Escobari, Diego, 2019. "Getting on and moving up the property ladder: Real hedging in the U.S. housing market before and after the crisis," MPRA Paper 92389, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kazakova, Maria (Казакова, Мария) & Pospelova, Ekaterina (Поспелова, Екатерина), 2019.
"Factors of inter-regional inequality in Russia
[Факторы Межрегионального Неравенства В России]," Working Papers 021927, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Borowiecki, Karol Jan, 2019. "The Origins of Creativity: The Case of the Arts in the United States since 1850," Discussion Papers of Business and Economics 3/2019, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Business and Economics.
- Boeri, Tito & Ichino, Andrea & Moretti, Enrico & Posch, Johanna, 2019. "Wage Equalization and Regional Misallocation: Evidence from Italian and German Provinces," CEPR Discussion Papers 13545, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Muhammad Halley Yudhistira & Regi Kusumaatmadja & Mochammad Firman Hidayat, 2018. "Does Trafic Management Matter? Evaluating Congestion Effect of Odd-Even Policy in Jakarta," LPEM FEBUI Working Papers 201829, LPEM, Faculty of Economics and Business, University of Indonesia, revised 2018.
- Paul Anand & Jere Behrman & Hai-Anh H. Dang & Sam Jones, 2019. "Inequality of Opportunity in Education: Accounting for the Contributions of Sibs, Schools and Sorting across East Africa," Working Papers 2019-009, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Chakrabortya, Tanika & Schüller, Simone & Zimmermann, Klaus F., 2019. "Beyond the Average: Ethnic Capital Heterogeneity and Intergenerational Transmission of Education," GLO Discussion Paper Series 322, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Ransom, Tyler, 2019. "Labor Market Frictions and Moving Costs of the Employed and Unemployed," IZA Discussion Papers 12139, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Avraamova, Elena (Авраамова, Елена) & Klyachko, Tatiana (Клячко, Татьяна) & Loginov, Dmitriy (Логинов, Дмитрий) & Semionova, Elena (Семионова, Елена) & Tokareva, Galina (Токарева, Галина), 2019.
"Monitoring General Education: Sociological Aspects
[Мониторинг Общего Образования: Социологические Аспекты]," Published Papers 021906, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Cohen, Shani & Gandal, Neil, 2019. "Networks and Spillovers in Software in Israeli Hi-Tech," CEPR Discussion Papers 13467, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mendez-Guerra, Carlos, 2019. "Environmental Efficiency and Regional Convergence Clusters in Japan: A Nonparametric Density Approach," MPRA Paper 92245, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Koen Schoors & Maria Semenova & Andrey Zubanov, 2019. "Depositor Discipline During Crisis: Flight To Familiarity Or Trust In Local Authorities?," Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium 19/959, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Bjerke, Lina & Mellander, Charlotta, 2019. "Mover Stayer Winner Loser - A study of income effects from rural migration," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 476, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Mathias Hoffmann & Tetsuji Okazaki & Toshihiro Okubo, 2019. "Branch Banking and Regional Financial Markets:Evidence from Prewar Japan," Keio-IES Discussion Paper Series 2019-004, Institute for Economics Studies, Keio University.
- Osawa, Minoru & Akamatsu, Takashi, 2019. "Emergence of Urban Landscapes: Equilibrium Selection in a Model of Internal Structure of the Cities," MPRA Paper 92395, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hasan, Rana & Jiang, Yi & Rafols , Radine Michelle, 2017. "Place-Based Preferential Preferential Tax Policy and Its Spatial Effects: Evidence from India’s Program on Industrially Backward Districts," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 524, Asian Development Bank.
- Claudio R. Lucinda & Rodrigo Moita, 2019. "The Political Economy of an Optimal Congestion Tax: An Empirical Investigation," Working Papers, Department of Economics 2019_10, University of São Paulo (FEA-USP).
- Duccio Gamannossi degl’Innocenti & Matthew D. Rablen, 2019. "Tax Evasion on a Social Network," Working Papers 2019005, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Wen-Jung Liang & Chao-Cheng Mai & Jacques-François Thisse & Ping Wang, 2019. "On the Economics of Science Parks," NBER Working Papers 25595, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Batabyal, Amitrajeet & Beladi, Hamid, 2018. "Preference Matching, Income, and Population Distribution in Urban and Adjacent Rural Regions," MPRA Paper 92308, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 18 Dec 2018.
- Batistich, Mary Kate & Bond, Timothy N., 2019. "Stalled Racial Progress and Japanese Trade in the 1970s and 1980s," IZA Discussion Papers 12133, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Manfred Perlik & Andrea Membretti, 2018. "Migration by Necessity and by Force to Mountain Areas: An Opportunity for Social Innovation," Post-Print hal-01992189, HAL.
- Ha Trong Nguyen & Luke B Connelly & Huong Thu Le & Francis Mitrou & Catherine L Taylor & Stephen R Zubrick, 2019. "Explaining the evolution of ethnicity differentials in academic achievements: The role of time investments," Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre Working Paper series WP1901, Bankwest Curtin Economics Centre (BCEC), Curtin Business School.
- Shuaizhang Feng & Naijia Guo, 2019. "Labor Market Dynamics in Urban China and the Role of the State Sector," Working Papers 2019-008, Human Capital and Economic Opportunity Working Group.
- Görlitz, Katja & Penny, Merlin & Tamm, Marcus, 2019. "The Long-Term Effect of Age at School Entry on Competencies in Adulthood," IZA Discussion Papers 12157, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Toshihiro Okubo & Eiichi Tomiura, 2019. "Regional Variations in Exporters'Productivity Premium: Theory and Evidence," Keio-IES Discussion Paper Series 2019-002, Institute for Economics Studies, Keio University.
- Berg, Petter & Palmgren, Ola & Tyrefors, Björn, 2019. "Gender Grading Bias in Junior High School Mathematics," Working Paper Series 1263, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Mkrtchan, Nikita (Мкртчян, Никита) & Florinskaya, Yulia (Флоринская, Юлия), 2019.
"Qualified migrants in the largest cities of Russia
[Квалифицированные Мигранты В Крупнейших Городах России]," Working Papers 021926, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Nessa Winston & Patricia Kennedy, 2019. "Severe housing deprivation: Addressing the social sustainability challenge in the EU," Working Papers 201903, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Hoppe, Eva I & Schmitz, Patrick W., 2018. "How (Not) to Foster Innovations in Public Infrastructure Projects," CEPR Discussion Papers 13406, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- KHOLODILIN Konstantin A. & LIMONOV Leonid E. & WALTL Sofie R., 2019. "Housing Rent Dynamics and Rent Regulation in St. Petersburg (1880-1917)," LISER Working Paper Series 2019-03, LISER.
- Blimpo, Moussa P. & Carneiro, Pedro & Jervis, Pamela & Pugatch, Todd, 2019. "Improving Access and Quality in Early Childhood Development Programs: Experimental Evidence from the Gambia," IZA Discussion Papers 12163, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Fabien Leurent & Sheng Li & Hugo Badia, 2018. "Structural design of a hierarchical urban transit network integrating modal choice and environmental impacts," Post-Print hal-02010003, HAL.
- Lobo, José & Mellander, Charlotta, 2019. "Let’s Stick Together: Labor Market Effects from Immigrant Neighborhood Clustering," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 475, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Park, Cyn-Young & Claveria, Racquel, 2018. "Does Regional Integration Matter for Inclusive Growth? Evidence from the Multidimensional Regional Integration Index," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 559, Asian Development Bank.
- Ana Paula Buhse & José Pedro Pontes, 2019. "Regional development of education as a "coordination game"," Working Papers REM 2019/75, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, REM, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Lise Vesterlund, 2018. "Gender Differences in Negotiation: Evidence fro Real Estate Transactions," Working Paper 6530, Department of Economics, University of Pittsburgh.
- Francesca Volo & Alessandra Drigo & M. Bruna Zolin & Domenico Sartore, 2019. "European Social Fund’s lifelong learning and regional development: a case study," Working Papers 2019:04, Department of Economics, University of Venice "Ca' Foscari".
- David Neumark & Maysen Yen, 2018. "Relative Sizes of Age Cohorts and Labor Force Participation of Older Workers," Working Papers wp390, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- V. Kerry Smith & Ben Whitmore, 2019. "Amenities, Risk, and Flood Insurance Reform," NBER Working Papers 25580, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ouail Al Maghraoui & Flore Vallet & Jakob Puchinger & Bernard Yannou, 2019. "Modeling traveler experience for designing urban mobility systems," Working Papers hal-02017696, HAL.
- Joyce , Patrick, 2019. "Labor market Integration of Refugees in Scandinavia after 2015," Ratio Working Papers 319, The Ratio Institute.
- John Bound & Arline T. Geronimus & Timothy A. Waidmann & Javier M. Rodriguez, 2018. "Local Economic Hardship and Its Role in Life Expectancy Trends," Working Papers wp389, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.