Biofuels, Economic Growth, and the External Sector in Ethiopia: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Jikun & Yang, Jun & Msangi, Siwa & Rozelle, Scott & Weersink, Alfons, 2012. "Biofuels and the poor: Global impact pathways of biofuels on agricultural markets," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 439-451.
- Kevin McNew & Duane Griffith, 2005. "Measuring the Impact of Ethanol Plants on Local Grain Prices," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(2), pages 164-180.
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Yu, Bingxin, 2008.
"An updated look at the recovery of agricultural productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
787, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Yu, Bingxin, 2009. "An Updated Look at the Recovery of Agricultural Productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51731, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Arndt, Channing & Msangi, Siwa & Thurlow, James, 2010. "Are Biofuels Good for African Development? An Analytical Framework with Evidence from Mozambique and Tanzania," WIDER Working Paper Series 110, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Karel Janda & Ladislav Kristoufek & David Zilberman, 2011. "Modeling the Environmental and Socio-Economic Impacts of Biofuels," Working Papers IES 2011/33, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Oct 2011.
- Negash, Martha & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2013.
"Biofuels and food security: Micro-evidence from Ethiopia,"
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 963-976.
- Negash, Martha, 2012. "Biofuels and Food Security: Micro-evidence from Ethiopia," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126793, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Martha Negash & Jo Swinnen, 2012. "Biofuels and Food Security: Micro-evidence from Ethiopia," LICOS Discussion Papers 31912, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Bouët, Antoine & Dimaranan, Betina V. & Valin, Hugo, 2010. "Modeling the global trade and environmental impacts of biofuel policies," IFPRI discussion papers 1018, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Yao, Shujie & Liu, Aying, 2000. "Policy Analysis in a General Equilibrium Framework," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 589-610, September.
- Arndt, Channing & Pauw, Karl & Thurlow, James, 2012. "Biofuels and economic development: A computable general equilibrium analysis for Tanzania," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1922-1930.
- Birur, Dileep & Hertel, Thomas & Tyner, Wally, 2008. "Impact of Biofuel Production on World Agricultural Markets: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," GTAP Working Papers 2413, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Arndt, Channing & Pauw, Karl & Thurlow, James, 2010. "Biofuels and economic development in Tanzania," IFPRI discussion papers 966, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sourie, Jean-Claude & Treguer, David & Rozakis, Stelios, 2006. "Economic impact of biofuel chains in France," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21184, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
Keywordsbiofuels; CGE model; economic growth; external sector; Ethiopia;
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O2 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-10-02 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2013-10-02 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2013-10-02 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2013-10-02 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-13-08-efd. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .