Biofuels, Economic Growth, and the External Sector in Ethiopia: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Huang, Jikun & Yang, Jun & Msangi, Siwa & Rozelle, Scott & Weersink, Alfons, 2012. "Biofuels and the poor: Global impact pathways of biofuels on agricultural markets," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 439-451.
- Kevin McNew & Duane Griffith, 2005. "Measuring the Impact of Ethanol Plants on Local Grain Prices," Review of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 27(2), pages 164-180.
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Yu, Bingxin, 2008.
"An updated look at the recovery of agricultural productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
787, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nin Pratt, Alejandro & Yu, Bingxin, 2009. "An Updated Look at the Recovery of Agricultural Productivity in Sub-Saharan Africa," 2009 Conference, August 16-22, 2009, Beijing, China 51731, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Arndt, Channing & Msangi, Siwa & Thurlow, James, 2010. "Are Biofuels Good for African Development? An Analytical Framework with Evidence from Mozambique and Tanzania," WIDER Working Paper Series 110, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Karel Janda & Ladislav Kristoufek & David Zilberman, 2011. "Modeling the Environmental and Socio-Economic Impacts of Biofuels," Working Papers IES 2011/33, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Oct 2011.
- Negash, Martha & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2013.
"Biofuels and food security: Micro-evidence from Ethiopia,"
Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 963-976.
- Negash, Martha, 2012. "Biofuels and Food Security: Micro-evidence from Ethiopia," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126793, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Martha Negash & Jo Swinnen, 2012. "Biofuels and Food Security: Micro-evidence from Ethiopia," LICOS Discussion Papers 31912, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Bouët, Antoine & Dimaranan, Betina V. & Valin, Hugo, 2010. "Modeling the global trade and environmental impacts of biofuel policies," IFPRI discussion papers 1018, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Yao, Shujie & Liu, Aying, 2000. "Policy Analysis in a General Equilibrium Framework," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 22(5), pages 589-610, September.
- Arndt, Channing & Pauw, Karl & Thurlow, James, 2012. "Biofuels and economic development: A computable general equilibrium analysis for Tanzania," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 1922-1930.
- Birur, Dileep & Hertel, Thomas & Tyner, Wally, 2008. "Impact of Biofuel Production on World Agricultural Markets: A Computable General Equilibrium Analysis," GTAP Working Papers 2413, Center for Global Trade Analysis, Department of Agricultural Economics, Purdue University.
- Arndt, Channing & Pauw, Karl & Thurlow, James, 2010. "Biofuels and economic development in Tanzania," IFPRI discussion papers 966, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Sourie, Jean-Claude & Treguer, David & Rozakis, Stelios, 2006. "Economic impact of biofuel chains in France," 2006 Annual meeting, July 23-26, Long Beach, CA 21184, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
More about this item
Keywordsbiofuels; CGE model; economic growth; external sector; Ethiopia;
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O2 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- O55 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Africa
- Q42 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Energy - - - Alternative Energy Sources
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2013-10-02 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2013-10-02 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-10-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-CMP-2013-10-02 (Computational Economics)
- NEP-ENE-2013-10-02 (Energy Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-13-08-efd. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.