Productivity Growth: The Effect of Market Regulations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dreze, Jacques & Bean, Charles R, 1990. " European Unemployment: Lessons from a Multicountry Econometric Study," Scandinavian Journal of Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 92(2), pages 135-165.
- Blanchard, Olivier & Wolfers, Justin, 2000.
"The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 110(462), pages 1-33, March.
- Olivier Blanchard & Justin Wolfers, 1999. "The Role of Shocks and Institutions in the Rise of European Unemployment: The Aggregate Evidence," NBER Working Papers 7282, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Edward P. Lazear, 1990. "Job Security Provisions and Employment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 105(3), pages 699-726.
- Oliver J. Blanchard, 1997. "The Medium Run," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 28(2), pages 89-158.
- John T. Addison & Paulino Teixeira & Jean-Luc Grosso, 2000. "The Effect of Dismissals Protection on Employment: More on a Vexed Theme," Southern Economic Journal, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 67(1), pages 105-122, July.
- Giuseppe Nicoletti & Andrea Bassanini & Ekkehard Ernst & Sébastien Jean & Paulo Santiago & Paul Swaim, 2001. "Product and Labour Markets Interactions in OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 312, OECD Publishing.
- Andrea Bassanini & Stefano Scarpetta & Philip Hemmings, 2001. "Economic Growth: The Role of Policies and Institutions: Panel Data. Evidence from OECD Countries," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 283, OECD Publishing.
- Nickell, Stephen J, 1981. "Biases in Dynamic Models with Fixed Effects," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 49(6), pages 1417-1426, November.
- Rachel Griffith & Rupert Harisson, 2004. "The link between product market reform and macro-economic performance," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 209, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Belorgey, Nicolas & Lecat, Remy & Maury, Tristan-Pierre, 2006.
"Determinants of productivity per employee: An empirical estimation using panel data,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 91(2), pages 153-157, May.
- Belorgey, N. & Lecat, R. & Maury, P-M., 2004. "Determinants of Productivity per Employee: an Empirical Estimation Using Panel Data," Working papers 110, Banque de France.
- Michael Bruno & Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1985. "Economics of Worldwide Stagflation," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number brun85-1.
- Paul Conway & Donato de Rosa & Giuseppe Nicoletti & Faye Steiner, 2006. "Regulation, Competition and Productivity Convergence," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 509, OECD Publishing.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Cceilia Iona Lasino & Giovanna Vallanti, 2011.
"Reforms, labour market functioning and productivity dynamics: a sectoral analysis for Italy,"
Working Papers LuissLab
1193, Dipartimento di Economia e Finanza, LUISS Guido Carli.
- Cecilia Jona Lasinio & Giovanna Vallanti, 2013. "Reforms, labour market functioning and productivity dynamics: a sectoral analysis for Italy," Working Papers 10, Department of the Treasury, Ministry of the Economy and of Finance.
- Daniel M. Rees & Penelope Smith & Jamie Hall, 2016. "A Multi-sector Model of the Australian Economy," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 92(298), pages 374-408, September.
- Federico Cingano & Marco Leonardi & Julián Messina & Giovanni Pica, 2010.
"The effects of employment protection legislation and financial market imperfections on investment: evidence from a firm-level panel of EU countries [Technology and labour regulations],"
Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 25(61), pages 117-163.
- Cingano, Federico & Leonardi, Marco & Messina, Julián & Pica, Giovanni, 2009. "The Effect of Employment Protection Legislation and Financial Market Imperfections on Investment: Evidence from a Firm-Level Panel of EU Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 4158, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Federico Cingano & Marco Leonardi & Julián Messina & Giovanni Pica, 2009. "The effect of employment protection legislation and financial market imperfections on investment: Evidence from a firm-level panel of EU countries," Working Papers 0914, Banco de España.
- Federico Cingano & Marco Leonardi & Julian Messina & Giovanni Pica, 2009. "The Effect of Employment Protection Legislation and Financial Market Imperfections on Investment: Evidence from a Firm-Level Panel of EU countries," CSEF Working Papers 227, Centre for Studies in Economics and Finance (CSEF), University of Naples, Italy.
- Ben Dolman, 2009. "What Happened to Australia's Productivity Surge?," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 42(3), pages 243-263, September.
- Mr. Thierry Tressel, 2008. "Does Technological Diffusion Explain Australia’s Productivity Performance?," IMF Working Papers 2008/004, International Monetary Fund.
- Yannis M. Ioannides & Christopher A. Pissarides, 2015. "Is the Greek Crisis One of Supply and Demand?," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 46(2 (Fall)), pages 349-373.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Dew-Becker, Ian & Gordon, Robert J, 2008.
"The Role of Labour Market Changes in the Slowdown of European Productivity Growth,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
6722, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ian Dew-Becker & Robert J. Gordon, 2008. "The Role of Labor Market Changes in the Slowdown of European Productivity Growth," NBER Working Papers 13840, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Clovis Kerdrain & Isabell Koske & Isabelle Wanner, 2011. "Current Account Imbalances: can Structural Reforms Help to Reduce Them?," OECD Journal: Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2011(1), pages 1-44.
- Beissinger, Thomas, 2003. "Strukturelle Arbeitslosigkeit in Europa : eine Bestandsaufnahme (Structural unemployment in Europe * an inventory)," Mitteilungen aus der Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung, Institut für Arbeitsmarkt- und Berufsforschung (IAB), Nürnberg [Institute for Employment Research, Nuremberg, Germany], vol. 36(4), pages 411-427.
- Steinar Holden & Fredrik Wulfsberg, 2007. "How strong is the case for downward real wage rigidity?," Working Papers 07-6, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Klaus Weyerstrass & Johannes Jaenicke, 2011. "Is more competition conducive to the macroeconomic performance in the euro area?," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 38(3), pages 351-380, July.
- Dragos Adascalitei & Sameer Khatiwada & Miguel Á. Malo & Pignatti Moran, 2015.
"Employment protection and collective bargaining during the great recession: a comprehensive review of international evidence,"
Revista de Economía Laboral - Spanish Journal of Labour Economics, Asociación Española de Economía Laboral - AEET, vol. 12, pages 50-87.
- Adascalitei, Dragos & Khatiwada, Sameer & Malo, Miguel A. & Pignatti Morano, Clemente, 2015. "Employment protection and collective bargaining during the Great Recession: A comprehensive review of international evidence," MPRA Paper 65509, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frederic Pryor, 2004. "Market Economic Systems," LIS Working papers 404, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Calcagnini, Giorgio & Ferrando, Annalisa & Giombini, Germana, 2014.
"Does employment protection legislation affect firm investment? The European case,"
Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 658-665.
- Giorgio Calcagnini & Germana Giombini, 2009. "Does Employment Protection Legislation Affect Firm Investment? The European Case," Working Papers 0902, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2009.
- Steinar Holden & Fredrik Wulfsberg, 2007. "Are real wages rigid downwards?," Working Paper 2007/01, Norges Bank.
- John T. Addison & Paulino Teixeira, 2003. "The Economics of Employment Protection," Journal of Labor Research, Transaction Publishers, vol. 24(1), pages 85-129, January.
- John Addison & Paulino Teixeira, 2005.
"What Have We Learned about the Employment Effects of Severance Pay? Further Iterations of Lazear Et al,"
Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 32(3), pages 345-368, September.
- Addison, John T. & Teixeira, Paulino, 2003. "What Have We Learned About the Employment Effects of Severance Pay? Further Iterations of Lazear et al," IZA Discussion Papers 943, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- John T. Addison & Paulino Teixeira, 2004. "What Have We Learned About The Employment Effects of Severance Pay? Further Iterations of Lazear et al," GEMF Working Papers 2004-02, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Linzert, Tobias, 2005. "The Unemployment Inflation Trade-Off in the Euro Area," IZA Discussion Papers 1699, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Pryor, Frederic L., 2005. "Market economic systems," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 25-46, March.
- Luca Nunziata, 2005.
"Institutions and Wage Determination: a Multi‐country Approach,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 67(4), pages 435-466, August.
- Luca Nunziata, 2001. "Institutions and Wage Determination: a Multi-Country Approach," Economics Papers 2001-W29, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- L. Nunziata, 2002. "Institutions and Wage Determination: A Multi-Country Approach," Working Papers 433, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Emiliano Brancaccio & Fabiana De Cristofaro & Raffaele Giammetti, 2020. "No Consensus In The Imf-Oecd 'Consensus': A Meta-Analysis On The Employment Impact Of Labour Deregulations," Working Papers 445, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Paloma Lopez-Garcia, 2002.
"Labour Market Performance and Start-Up Costs: OECD Evidence,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0565, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Lopez-Garcia, Paloma, 2002. "Labour market performance and start-up costs: OECD evidence," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20059, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Paloma Lopez-Garcia, 2003. "Labour Market Performance and Start-up Costs: OECD Evidence," CESifo Working Paper Series 849, CESifo.
- Gylfi Zoega, 2012. "Employment and asset prices," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(26), pages 3343-3355, September.
- James J. Heckman & Carmen Pagés, 2004. "Introduction to "Law and Employment: Lessons from Latin American and the Caribbean"," NBER Chapters, in: Law and Employment: Lessons from Latin America and the Caribbean, pages 1-108, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Monica Correa Lopez & Agustin Garcia Serrador & Ana Cristina Mingorance, 2010. "Product Market Competition and Inflation Dynamics: Evidence from a Panel of OECD Countries," Working Papers 1025, BBVA Bank, Economic Research Department.
- Floro Ernesto Caroleo, 2000.
"Le politiche per l'occupazione in Europa: una tassonomia istituzionale,"
STUDI ECONOMICI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2000(71).
- Floro Ernesto Caroleo, 2000. "Le Politiche per l'Occupazione in Europa: una Tassonomia Istituzionale," CELPE Discussion Papers 52, CELPE - Centre of Labour Economics and Economic Policy, University of Salerno, Italy.
More about this item
Keywordsstructural reform; TFP growth; OECD; panel regression;
All these keywords.
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
- L50 - Industrial Organization - - Regulation and Industrial Policy - - - General
- O43 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Institutions and Growth
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2007-06-18 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2007-06-18 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-LAB-2007-06-18 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-REG-2007-06-18 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rba:rbardp:rdp2007-04. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/rbagvau.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Paula Drew (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/rbagvau.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.