Opportunity entrepreneurs - potential drivers of non-farm growth in rural Vietnam?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Joern H. Block & Marcus Wagner, 2010.
"Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs in Germany: Characteristics and Earning s Differentials,"
Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr),
LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 62(2), pages 154-174, April.
- Block, Joern & Wagner, Marcus, 2006. "Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs in Germany: Characteristics and Earnings Differentials," MPRA Paper 610, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Günther, Isabel & Launov, Andrey, 2012. "Informal employment in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 88-98.
- Thomas Gries & Wim Naudé, 2010.
"Entrepreneurship and structural economic transformation,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 13-29, January.
- Gries, Thomas & Naude, Wim, 2008. "Entrepreneurship and Structural Economic Transformation," WIDER Working Paper Series 062, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Michael Grimm & Jens Krüger & Jann Lay, 2011.
"Barriers To Entry And Returns To Capital In Informal Activities: Evidence From Sub‐Saharan Africa,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57, pages 27-53, May.
- Grimm, Michael & Kruger, Jens & Lay, Jann, 2011. "Barriers to entry and returns to capital in informal activities : evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 77927, The World Bank.
- Uwe Blien, 2011. "The Interaction between Culture and Economy in Vietnam," ERSA conference papers ersa11p342, European Regional Science Association.
- Jörn Block & Philipp Sandner, 2009.
"Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs and Their Duration in Self-employment: Evidence from German Micro Data,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 117-137, June.
- Block, Jörn H. & Sandner, Philipp G., 2007. "Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs and their Duration in Self-employment: Evidence from German Micro Data," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 2082, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Jörn Block & Philipp Sandner, 2009. "Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs and Their Duration in Self-employment: Evidence from German Micro Data," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 191, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966.
- Giacomin, Olivier & Janssen, Frank & Guyot, Jean-luc & Lohest, Olivier, 2011. "Opportunity and/or necessity entrepreneurship? The impact of the socio-economic characteristics of entrepreneurs," MPRA Paper 29506, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Earle, John S. & Sakova, Zuzana, 2000. "Business start-ups or disguised unemployment? Evidence on the character of self-employment from transition economies," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 575-601, September.
- Alberto Arias & Inaki Pena, 2010. "The effect of entrepreneurs' motivation and the local economic environment on young venture performance," International Journal of Business Environment, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(1), pages 38-56.
- Roy Thurik & Ingrid Verheul & Isabel Grilo & Reena Bhola, 2006. "Explaining engagement levels of opportunity and necessity entrepreneurs," Scales Research Reports H200610, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Heiko Bergmann & Rolf Sternberg, 2007. "The Changing Face of Entrepreneurship in Germany," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 205-221, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David B. Audretsch & Dirk Dohse & Annekatrin Niebuhr, 2015.
"Regional unemployment structure and new firm formation,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94, pages 115-138, November.
- Audretsch, David B. & Dohse, Dirk & Niebuhr, Annekatrin, 2014. "Regional unemployment structure and new firm formation," Kiel Working Papers 1924, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- repec:eee:tefoso:v:131:y:2018:i:c:p:286-302 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:50:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11187-017-9886-2 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsNecessityÂ entrepreneurship; Â opportunityÂ entrepreneurship; Â developingÂ countries; Vietnam;
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-06-05 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-06-05 (Development)
- NEP-SEA-2012-06-05 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pum:wpaper:2012-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christoph Mengs). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.