Opportunity entrepreneurs - potential drivers of non-farm growth in rural Vietnam?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Giacomin, Olivier & Janssen, Frank & Guyot, Jean-luc & Lohest, Olivier, 2011. "Opportunity and/or necessity entrepreneurship? The impact of the socio-economic characteristics of entrepreneurs," MPRA Paper 29506, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Earle, John S. & Sakova, Zuzana, 2000. "Business start-ups or disguised unemployment? Evidence on the character of self-employment from transition economies," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 575-601, September.
- Michael Grimm & Jens Krüger & Jann Lay, 2011.
"Barriers To Entry And Returns To Capital In Informal Activities: Evidence From Sub‐Saharan Africa,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 57, pages 27-53, May.
- Grimm, Michael & Kruger, Jens & Lay, Jann, 2011. "Barriers to entry and returns to capital in informal activities : evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 77927, The World Bank.
- Alberto Arias & Inaki Pena, 2010. "The effect of entrepreneurs' motivation and the local economic environment on young venture performance," International Journal of Business Environment, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 3(1), pages 38-56.
- Jörn Block & Philipp Sandner, 2009.
"Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs and Their Duration in Self-employment: Evidence from German Micro Data,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 117-137, June.
- Block, Jörn H. & Sandner, Philipp G., 2007. "Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs and their Duration in Self-employment: Evidence from German Micro Data," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 2082, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Jörn Block & Philipp Sandner, 2009. "Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs and Their Duration in Self-employment: Evidence from German Micro Data," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 191, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Joern H. Block & Marcus Wagner, 2010.
"Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs in Germany: Characteristics and Earning s Differentials,"
Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr),
LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 62(2), pages 154-174, April.
- Block, Joern & Wagner, Marcus, 2006. "Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs in Germany: Characteristics and Earnings Differentials," MPRA Paper 610, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roy Thurik & Ingrid Verheul & Isabel Grilo & Reena Bhola, 2006. "Explaining engagement levels of opportunity and necessity entrepreneurs," Scales Research Reports H200610, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Günther, Isabel & Launov, Andrey, 2012. "Informal employment in developing countries," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(1), pages 88-98.
- Thomas Gries & Wim Naudé, 2010.
"Entrepreneurship and structural economic transformation,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 13-29, January.
- Gries, Thomas & Naude, Wim, 2008. "Entrepreneurship and Structural Economic Transformation," WIDER Working Paper Series 062, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Heiko Bergmann & Rolf Sternberg, 2007. "The Changing Face of Entrepreneurship in Germany," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 205-221, March.
- Uwe Blien, 2011. "The Interaction between Culture and Economy in Vietnam," ERSA conference papers ersa11p342, European Regional Science Association.
- Ellis, Frank, 2000. "Rural Livelihoods and Diversity in Developing Countries," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198296966.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- David B. Audretsch & Dirk Dohse & Annekatrin Niebuhr, 2015.
"Regional unemployment structure and new firm formation,"
Papers in Regional Science,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94, pages 115-138, November.
- Audretsch, David B. & Dohse, Dirk & Niebuhr, Annekatrin, 2014. "Regional unemployment structure and new firm formation," Kiel Working Papers 1924, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:50:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s11187-017-9886-2 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsNecessityÂ entrepreneurship; Â opportunityÂ entrepreneurship; Â developingÂ countries; Vietnam;
- L2 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2012-06-05 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2012-06-05 (Development)
- NEP-SEA-2012-06-05 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pum:wpaper:2012-01. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christoph Mengs). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .