The roots of the Euro
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Dellas, Harris & Tavlas, George S., 2009. "An optimum-currency-area odyssey," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(7), pages 1117-1137, November.
- Alex W. A. Palludeto & Saulo C. Abouchedid, 2016. "The Currency Hierarchy in Center-Periphery Relationships," Research in Political Economy, in: Radhika Desai (ed.),Analytical Gains of Geopolitical Economy, volume 30, pages 53-90, Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Corsetti, Giancarlo & Pesenti, Paolo, 1996.
"Interpreting the ERM Crisis: Country-Specific and Systemic Issues,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1466, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Buiter, W.H. & Corsetti, G.M. & Pesenti, P.A., 1998. "Interpreting the ERM Crisis: Country-Specific and Systemic Issues," Princeton Studies in International Economics 84, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- W.H. Buiter & G Corsetti & P Pesenti, 1997. "Interpreting the ERM Crisis: Country-Specific and Systemic Issues," CEP Discussion Papers dp0321, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Buiter, Willem H. & Corsetti, Giancarlo M. & Pesenti, Paolo A., 1997. "Interpreting the ERM crisis: country-specific and systemic issues," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20361, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jörg Bibow, 2013.
"On the Franco-German Euro Contradiction and Ultimate Euro Battleground,"
Contributions to Political Economy, Oxford University Press, vol. 32(1), pages 127-149.
- Jorg Bibow, 2013. "On the Franco-German Euro Contradiction and Ultimate Euro Battleground," Economics Working Paper Archive wp_762, Levy Economics Institute.
- Charles Wyplosz, 2006. "European Monetary Union: the dark sides of a major success," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 21(46), pages 207-261, April.
- Moravcsik, Andrew, 1991. "Negotiating the Single European Act: national interests and conventional statecraft in the European Community," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(1), pages 19-56, January.
- Maria Green Cowles, 1995. "Setting the Agenda for a New Europe: The ERT and EC 1992," Journal of Common Market Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(4), pages 501-526, December.
- Costas Lapavitsas, 2000. "Money and the Analysis of Capitalism: The Significance of Commodity Money," Review of Radical Political Economics, Union for Radical Political Economics, vol. 32(4), pages 631-656, December.
- Schelkle, Waltraud, 2017. "The Political Economy of Monetary Solidarity: Understanding the Euro Experiment," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198717935.
- George S. Tavlas, 2009. "Optimum‐Currency‐Area Paradoxes," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(3), pages 536-551, August.
- Paul Krugman, 2013. "Revenge of the Optimum Currency Area," NBER Macroeconomics Annual, University of Chicago Press, vol. 27(1), pages 439-448.
- Levine, Ross, 2002.
"Bank-Based or Market-Based Financial Systems: Which Is Better?,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 11(4), pages 398-428, October.
- Ross Levine, 2002. "Bank-Based or Market-Based Financial Systems: Which is Better?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 442, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Ross Levine, 2002. "Bank-Based or Market-Based Financial Systems: Which is Better?," NBER Working Papers 9138, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marianne Bertrand & Antoinette Schoar & David Thesmar, 2007.
"Banking Deregulation and Industry Structure: Evidence from the French Banking Reforms of 1985,"
Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(2), pages 597-628, April.
- Bertrand, Marianne & Schoar, Antoinette S & Thesmar, David, 2004. "Banking Deregulation and Industry Structure: Evidence from the French Banking Reforms of 1985," CEPR Discussion Papers 4488, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David Thesmar & A. Schoar & Marianne Bertrand, 2007. "Banking Deregulation and Industry Structure: Evidence from the French Banking Reforms of 1985," Post-Print hal-00461082, HAL.
- Backé, Peter & Thimann, Christian & Arratibel, Olga & Calvo-Gonzalez, Oscar & Mehl, Arnaud & Nerlich, Carolin, 2004. "The acceding countries’ strategies towards ERM II and the adoption of the euro: an analytical review," Occasional Paper Series 10, European Central Bank.
- Kindleberger, Charles P., 1993. "A Financial History of Western Europe," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780195077384.
- Costas Lapavitsas, 2013. "The financialization of capitalism: 'Profiting without producing'," City, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(6), pages 792-805, December.
- Francesco Paolo Mongelli, 2008. "European Economic and Monetary Integration, and the Optimum Currency Area Theory," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 302, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Mongelli, Francesco Paolo & De Grauwe, Paul, 2005.
"Endogeneities of optimum currency areas: what brings countries sharing a single currency closer together?,"
Working Paper Series
468, European Central Bank.
- Paul de Grauwe & Francesco Paolo Mongelli, 2005. "Endogeneities of Optimum Currency Areas: What brings Countries Sharing a Single Currency Closer together?," Working Papers de Economia (Economics Working Papers) 29, Departamento de Economia, Gestão e Engenharia Industrial, Universidade de Aveiro.
- Bayoumi, T. & Eichengreen, B., 1994. "One Money or Many? Analysing the Prospects for Monetary Unification in Various Parts of the World," Princeton Studies in International Economics 76, International Economics Section, Departement of Economics Princeton University,.
- Manuel Sanchis i Marco, 2014. "The Economics of the Monetary Union and the Eurozone Crisis," SpringerBriefs in Economics, Springer, edition 127, number 978-3-319-00020-6, July.
- Vitols, Sigurt, 2004. "Changes in Germany's bank-based financial system: A varieties of capitalism perspective," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Institutions, States, Markets SP II 2004-03, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Labrinidis, George, 2014. "The forms of world money," MPRA Paper 59962, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Vitols, Sigurt, 2001. "The origins of bank-based and market-based financial systems: Germany, Japan, and the United States," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Economic Change and Employment FS I 01-302, WZB Berlin Social Science Center.
- Costas Lapavitsas, 2000. "On Marx's Analysis of Money Hoarding in the Turnover of Capital," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 219-235.
- George Tavlas, 1994. "The theory of monetary integration," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 211-230, March.
- Arie Arnon, 1984. "Marx's Theory of Money: the Formative Years," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 16(4), pages 555-575, Winter.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A. & Rose, Andrew K., 1997. "Is EMU more justifiable ex post than ex ante?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 753-760, April.
- Peter Backé & Christian Thimann & Olga Arratibel & Oscar Calvo-Gonzalez & Arnaud Mehl & Carolin Nerlich, 2004. "The acceding countries’ strategies towards ERM II and the adoption of the euro - an analytical review," Occasional Paper Series 10, European Central Bank.
- Michael D. Bordo, 1993.
"The Bretton Woods International Monetary System: A Historical Overview,"
NBER Chapters, in: A Retrospective on the Bretton Woods System: Lessons for International Monetary Reform, pages 3-108,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael D. Bordo, 1992. "The Bretton Woods International Monetary System: An Historical Overview," NBER Working Papers 4033, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claude Serfati, 2016. "EU Integration as Uneven and Combined Development," Research in Political Economy, in: Radhika Desai (ed.),Analytical Gains of Geopolitical Economy, volume 30, pages 255-294, Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- George Labrinidis, 2016. "Quasi-World Money and International Reserves," Research in Political Economy, in: Radhika Desai (ed.),Analytical Gains of Geopolitical Economy, volume 30, pages 91-123, Emerald Publishing Ltd.
- James, Harold, 2012. "Making the European Monetary Union," Economics Books, Harvard University Press, number 9780674066830, December.
- Huseyin Mualla Yuceol, 2006. "Why European Union is not an Optimal Currency Area: The Limits of Integration," Ege Academic Review, Ege University Faculty of Economics and Administrative Sciences, vol. 6(2), pages 59-72.
More about this item
KeywordsEuro; quasi-world money; European monetary system;
- B14 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Socialist; Marxist
- E42 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Monetary Sytsems; Standards; Regimes; Government and the Monetary System
- F33 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - International Monetary Arrangements and Institutions
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HIS-2018-06-18 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
- NEP-MAC-2018-06-18 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2018-06-18 (Monetary Economics)
- NEP-PAY-2018-06-18 (Payment Systems & Financial Technology)
- NEP-PKE-2018-06-18 (Post Keynesian Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:86560. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.