Assessing European business cycles synchronization
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Artis & George Chouliarakis & P. K. G. Harischandra, 2011.
"Business Cycle Synchronization Since 1880,"
University of Manchester, vol. 79(2), pages 173-207, March.
- Artis, Michael J & Chouliarakis, George & Harischandra, PKG, 2011. "Business Cycle Synchronization Since 1880," CEPR Discussion Papers 8347, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michael Artis & George Chouliarakis & Pkg Harischandra, 2011. "Business Cycle Synchronization Since 1880," Centre for Growth and Business Cycle Research Discussion Paper Series 153, Economics, The Univeristy of Manchester.
- U. Michael Bergman & Lars Jonung, 2011.
"Business Cycle Synchronization In Europe: Evidence From The Scandinavian Currency Union,"
University of Manchester, vol. 79(2), pages 268-292, March.
- U. Michael Bergman & Lars Jonung, 2010. "Business Cycle Synchronization in Europe: Evidence from the Scandinavian Currency Union," European Economy - Economic Papers 2008 - 2015 402, Directorate General Economic and Financial Affairs (DG ECFIN), European Commission.
- Cüneyt Akar, 2016. "Analyzing the Synchronization between the Financial and Business Cycles in Turkey," Journal of Reviews on Global Economics, Lifescience Global, vol. 5, pages 25-35.
- Hodrick, Robert J & Prescott, Edward C, 1997.
"Postwar U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 29(1), pages 1-16, February.
- Robert J. Hodrick & Edward Prescott, 1981. "Post-War U.S. Business Cycles: An Empirical Investigation," Discussion Papers 451, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Rand, John & Tarp, Finn, 2002.
"Business Cycles in Developing Countries: Are They Different?,"
Elsevier, vol. 30(12), pages 2071-2088, December.
- Rand, John & Tarp, Finn, 2001. "Business Cycles in Developing Countries: Are They Different?," MPRA Paper 62445, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Aguiar-Conraria, LuIÂ´s & Joana Soares, Maria, 2011. "Business cycle synchronization and the Euro: A wavelet analysis," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 477-489, September.
- Sofia Gouveia, 2014. "Business cycle correlation between the Euro area and the Balkan countries," International Journal of Business and Economic Sciences Applied Research (IJBESAR), Eastern Macedonia and Thrace Institute of Technology (EMATTECH), Kavala, Greece, vol. 7(1), pages 33-49, April.
- Massmann, Michael & Mitchell, James, 2003.
"Reconsidering the evidence: Are Eurozone business cycles converging,"
ZEI Working Papers
B 05-2003, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- James Mitchell & Michael Massmann, 2004. "Reconsidering the evidence: are Eurozone business cycles converging?," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2003 67, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Harding, Don & Pagan, Adrian, 2006. "Synchronization of cycles," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 132(1), pages 59-79, May.
- Papageorgiou, Theofanis & Michaelides, Panayotis G. & Milios, John G., 2010. "Business cycles synchronization and clustering in Europe (1960-2009)," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 62(5), pages 419-470, September.
- Harding, Don & Pagan, Adrian, 2002.
"Dissecting the cycle: a methodological investigation,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 365-381, March.
- Don Harding & Adrian Pagan, 2000. "Disecting the Cycle: A Methodological Investigation," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1164, Econometric Society.
- Michael Massmann & James Mitchell & Martin Weale, 2003. "Business Cycles and Turning Points: A Survey of Statistical Techniques," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 183(1), pages 90-106, January.
- Veaceslav Grigoras & Irina Eusignia Stanciu, 2016.
"New evidence on the (de)synchronisation of business cycles: Reshaping the European business cycle,"
CEPII research center, issue 147, pages 27-52.
- Grigoraş, Veaceslav & Stanciu, Irina Eusignia, 2016. "New evidence on the (de)synchronisation of business cycles: Reshaping the European business cycle," International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 147(C), pages 27-52.
- Saša Obradović & Vladimir Mihajlović, 2013. "Synchronization of Business Cycles in the Selected European Countries," Panoeconomicus, Savez ekonomista Vojvodine, Novi Sad, Serbia, vol. 60(6), pages 759-773, December.
- Kolasa, Marcin, 2013.
"Business cycles in EU new member states: How and why are they different?,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 38(PB), pages 487-496.
- Marcin Kolasa, 2013. "Business cycles in EU new member states: How and why are they different?," NBP Working Papers 156, Narodowy Bank Polski, Economic Research Department.
- Peter C. B. Phillips & Sainan Jin, 2015. "Business Cycles, Trend Elimination, and the HP Filter," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 2005, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
More about this item
KeywordsBusiness cycles; European Union; synchronization; HP filter; FD filter; concordance index; cross-correlations; rolling cross-correlations;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2017-07-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-EEC-2017-07-23 (European Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2017-07-23 (Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:79990. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .