Insurance Market Development and Economic Growth in Transition Countries: Some new evidence based on bootstrap panel Granger causality test
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Tsangyao Chang & Chien-Chiang Lee & Chi-Hung Chang, 2014. "Does insurance activity promote economic growth? Further evidence based on bootstrap panel Granger causality test," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(12), pages 1187-1210, December.
- Marco Arena, 2008. "Does Insurance Market Activity Promote Economic Growth? A Cross-Country Study for Industrialized and Developing Countries," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 75(4), pages 921-946.
- Pradhan, Rudra P. & Arvin, Mak B. & Norman, Neville R., 2015. "Insurance development and the finance-growth nexus: Evidence from 34 OECD countries," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 31(C), pages 1-22.
- Pei‐Fen Chen & Chien‐Chiang Lee & Chi‐Feng Lee, 2012. "How does the development of the life insurance market affect economic growth? Some international evidence," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 24(7), pages 865-893, October.
- Atkinson, Scott E. & Wilson, Paul W., 1992. "The Bias of Bootstrapped Versus Conventional Standard Errors in the General Linear and SUR Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(02), pages 258-275, June.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Lee, Chi-Chuan & Chiu, Yi-Bin, 2013. "The link between life insurance activities and economic growth: Some new evidence," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 405-427.
- Rilstone, Paul & Veall, Michael, 1996. "Using Bootstrapped Confidence Intervals for Improved Inferences with Seemingly Unrelated Regression Equations," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 569-580, August.
- Soytas, Ugur & Sari, Ramazan, 2007. "The relationship between energy and production: Evidence from Turkish manufacturing industry," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 1151-1165, November.
- Mike Adams & Jonas Andersson & Lars-Fredrik Andersson & Magnus Lindmark, 2009. "Commercial banking, insurance and economic growth in Sweden between 1830 and 1998," Accounting History Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 21-38.
- J. François Outreville, 2013. "The Relationship Between Insurance and Economic Development: 85 Empirical Papers for a Review of the Literature," Risk Management and Insurance Review, American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 16(1), pages 71-122, March.
- Maurice Kugler & Reza Ofoghi, 2005. "Does Insurance Promote Economic Growth? Evidence from the UK," Money Macro and Finance (MMF) Research Group Conference 2005 8, Money Macro and Finance Research Group.
- Catalan, Mario & Impavido, Gregorio & Musalem, Alberto R., 2000. "Contractual savings or stock market development - Which leads?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2421, The World Bank.
- Peter Haiss & Kjell Sümegi, 2008. "The relationship between insurance and economic growth in Europe: a theoretical and empirical analysis," Empirica, Springer;Austrian Institute for Economic Research;Austrian Economic Association, vol. 35(4), pages 405-431, September.
- Nazlioglu, Saban & Lebe, Fuat & Kayhan, Selim, 2011. "Nuclear energy consumption and economic growth in OECD countries: Cross-sectionally dependent heterogeneous panel causality analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(10), pages 6615-6621, October.
- Lee Chien-Chiang, 2011. "Does Insurance Matter for Growth: Empirical Evidence from OECD Countries," The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-28, June.
- Impavido, Gregorio & Musalem, Alberto R. & Tressel, Thierry, 2003. "The impact of contractual savings institutions on securities markets," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2948, The World Bank.
- Andrews, Donald W. K. & Buchinsky, Moshe, 2001. "Evaluation of a three-step method for choosing the number of bootstrap repetitions," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 103(1-2), pages 345-386, July.
- Chang, Tsangyao & Cheng, Shu-Ching & Pan, Guochen & Wu, Tsung-pao, 2013. "Does globalization affect the insurance markets? Bootstrap panel Granger causality test," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 254-260.
- Liyan Han & Donghui Li & Fariborz Moshirian & Yanhui Tian, 2010. "Insurance Development and Economic Growth*," The Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance - Issues and Practice, Palgrave Macmillan;The Geneva Association, vol. 35(2), pages 183-199, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:brc:brccej:v:2:y:2017:i:2:p:112-118 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordsinsurance market; economic growth; panel Granger causality test; transition EU member countries;
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- G22 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Insurance; Insurance Companies; Actuarial Studies
- O16 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Financial Markets; Saving and Capital Investment; Corporate Finance and Governance
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2016-02-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-IAS-2016-02-23 (Insurance Economics)
- NEP-TRA-2016-02-23 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:69051. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .