What drives the development of the insurance sector ? an empirical analysis based on a panel of developed and developing countries
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Donghui Li & Fariborz Moshirian & Pascal Nguyen & Timothy Wee, 2007. "The Demand for Life Insurance in OECD Countries," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 74(3), pages 637-652.
- Marco Arena, 2008. "Does Insurance Market Activity Promote Economic Growth? A Cross-Country Study for Industrialized and Developing Countries," Journal of Risk & Insurance, The American Risk and Insurance Association, vol. 75(4), pages 921-946.
- Rocha, Roberto & Morales, Marco & Thorburn, Craig, 2008.
"An empirical analysis of the annuity rate in Chile,"
Journal of Pension Economics and Finance,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(01), pages 95-119, March.
- Rocha, Roberto & Morales, Marco & Thorburn, Craig, 2006. "An empirical analysis of the annuity rate in Chile," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3929, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alhassan, Abdul Latif & Biekpe, Nicholas, 2016. "Determinants of life insurance consumption in Africa," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 17-27.
- repec:eee:riibaf:v:42:y:2017:i:c:p:1401-1412 is not listed on IDEAS
- Malafronte, Irma & Porzio, Claudio & Starita, Maria Grazia, 2016. "The nature and determinants of disclosure practices in the insurance industry: Evidence from European insurers," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 367-382.
- Samuel Guerineau & Relwende Sawadogo, 2015.
"On the determinants of life insurance development in Sub-Saharan Africa: the role of the institutions quality in the effect of economic development,"
- Samuel GUERINEAU & Relwende SAWADOGO, 2015. "On the determinants of life insurance development in Sub-Saharan Africa: the role of the institutions quality in the effect of economic development," Working Papers 201519, CERDI.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Lee, Chi-Chuan & Chiu, Yi-Bin, 2013. "The link between life insurance activities and economic growth: Some new evidence," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(C), pages 405-427.
- repec:pal:gpprii:v:42:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1057_s41288-017-0043-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rangan Gupta & Amine Lahiani & Chi-Chuan Lee & Chien-Chiang Lee, 2016. "Asymmetric dynamics of insurance premium: The impacts of output and economic policy uncertainty," Working Papers 201673, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Chiu, Yi-Bin & Chang, Chi-Hung, 2013. "Insurance demand and country risks: A nonlinear panel data analysis," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 68-85.
- repec:taf:oaefxx:v:5:y:2017:i:1:p:1291150 is not listed on IDEAS
- Pasali, Selahattin Selsah, 2013. "Where is the cheese ? synthesizing a giant literature on causes and consequences of financial sector development," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6655, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsDebt Markets; Insurance Law; Emerging Markets; Insurance&Risk Mitigation; Economic Theory&Research;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2011-03-12 (Development)
- NEP-IAS-2011-03-12 (Insurance Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:5572. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .