Workers' enterprises in the case of arts production
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Francois, Patrick, 2000. "'Public service motivation' as an argument for government provision," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(3), pages 275-299, November.
- Henry Hansmann, 1981. "Nonprofit Enterprise in the Performing Arts," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 341-361, Autumn.
- Futagami, Koichi & Okamura, Makoto, 1996. "Strategic Investment: The Labor-Managed Firm and the Profit-Maximizing Firm," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 73-91, August.
- Glazer, Amihai, 2004. "Motivating devoted workers," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 427-440, March.
- Patrick Francois, 2003. "Not-For-Profit Provision of Public Services," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(486), pages 53-61, March.
- Meade, James E, 1972. "The Theory of Labour-Managed Firms and of Profit Sharing," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(325), pages 402-428, Supplemen.
- Hill, Martyn & Waterson, Michael, 1983. "Labor-managed Cournot oligopoly and industry output," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 43-51, March.
- Cremer, Helmuth & Cremer, Jacques, 1992. "Duopoly with employee-controlled and profit-maximizing firms: Bertrand vs Cournot competition," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 241-258, June.
- Lambertini, Luca & Rossini, Gianpaolo, 1998. "Capital Commitment and Cournot Competition with Labour-Managed and Profit-Maximising Firms," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(1), pages 14-21, March.
- Mussa, Michael & Rosen, Sherwin, 1978. "Monopoly and product quality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 301-317, August.
- Vickers, John, 1985. "Delegation and the Theory of the Firm," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(380a), pages 138-147, Supplemen.
- Roberto Cellini & Tiziana Cuccia, 2003. "Le peculiarità delle imprese cooperative nel settore dell’arte. Un’analisi teorica," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 93(3), pages 35-66, May-June.
- Luca Lambertini, 1998.
"Process innovation and the persistence of monopoly with labour-managed firms,"
Review of Economic Design,
Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 3(4), pages 359-369.
- L. Lambertini, 1997. "Process Innovation and the Persistence of Monopoly with Labour-Managed Firms," Working Papers 268, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Lambertini, Luca, 1997. "On the provision of product quality by a labor-managed monopolist," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 279-283, August.
- Throsby, David, 1994. "The Production and Consumption of the Arts: A View of Cultural Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Edward Oczkowski, 2006. "Nash Bargaining And Co-Operatives," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 89-98, June.
- Dow, Gregory K., 1986. "Control rights, competitive markets, and the labor management debate," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 48-61, March.
- Sertel, Murat R., 1991. "Workers' enterprises in imperfect competition," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 698-710, December.
- Maurizio Caserta & Tiziana Cuccia, 2001. "The Supply of Arts Labour : Towards a Dynamic Approach," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 25(3), pages 185-201, August.
- Michael Kremer, 1997. "Why are Worker Cooperatives So Rare?," NBER Working Papers 6118, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- A. Michael Spence, 1975. "Monopoly, Quality, and Regulation," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 6(2), pages 417-429, Autumn.
- Fehr, Ernst & Sertel, Murat R., 1993. "Two forms of workers' enterprises facing imperfect labor markets," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 121-127.
More about this item
Keywordsworkers'enterprises; labour managed firms; arts;
- L82 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Entertainment; Media
- L23 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Organization of Production
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2007-10-13 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2007-10-13 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-LAB-2007-10-13 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:5192. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.