Quality Investment and Price Formation in the Performing Arts Sector: A Spatial Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Henry Hansmann, 1981. "Nonprofit Enterprise in the Performing Arts," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 341-361, Autumn.
- Stefan Tobias, 2004. "Quality in the Performing Arts: Aggregating and Rationalizing Expert Opinion," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 28(2), pages 109-124, May.
- Bruce Seaman, 2004. "Competition and the Non-Profit Arts: The Lost Industrial Organization Agenda," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 28(3), pages 167-193, August.
- Throsby, David, 1994. "The Production and Consumption of the Arts: A View of Cultural Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Takahashi, Takaaki, 2004. "Spatial competition of governments in the investment on public facilities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 455-488, July.
- Günther Schulze & Anselm Rose, 1998. "Public Orchestra Funding in Germany – An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 22(4), pages 227-247, December.
- Hohaus, Bolko & Konrad, Kai A. & Thum, Marcel, 1994. "Too much conformity? : A hotelling model of local public goods supply," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 295-299.
- Blaug, Mark, 2001. " Where Are We Now on Cultural Economics?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 123-143, April.
- Bos, Dieter & Genser, Bernd & Holzmann, Robert, 1982. "On the Quality of Publicly Supplied Goods," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(195), pages 289-296, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kristien Werck & Bruno Heyndels & Benny Geys, 2008.
"The impact of ‘central places’ on spatial spending patterns: evidence from Flemish local government cultural expenditures,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 32(1), pages 35-58, March.
- Werck, Kristien & Heyndels, Bruno & Geys, Benny, 2007.
"The impact of central places on spatial spending patterns: evidence from Flemish local government cultural expenditures
[Der Einfluss ‘Zentraler Orte’ auf räumliche Ausgabenmuster: eine empirische ," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2007-10, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Werck, Kristien & Heyndels, Bruno & Geys, Benny, 2007. "The impact of central places on spatial spending patterns: evidence from Flemish local government cultural expenditures
More about this item
KeywordsPerforming Arts; Local Public Goods; Quality; Spatial Competition; Bounded Rationality;
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- R59 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2006-08-05 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2006-08-05 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PBE-2006-08-05 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2006-08-05 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:cauewp:3830. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vakiede.html .