Quality Investment and Price Formation in the Performing Arts Sector: A Spatial Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Henry Hansmann, 1981. "Nonprofit Enterprise in the Performing Arts," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 12(2), pages 341-361, Autumn.
- Stefan Tobias, 2004. "Quality in the Performing Arts: Aggregating and Rationalizing Expert Opinion," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 28(2), pages 109-124, May.
- Bruce Seaman, 2004. "Competition and the Non-Profit Arts: The Lost Industrial Organization Agenda," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 28(3), pages 167-193, August.
- Throsby, David, 1994. "The Production and Consumption of the Arts: A View of Cultural Economics," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 32(1), pages 1-29, March.
- Takahashi, Takaaki, 2004. "Spatial competition of governments in the investment on public facilities," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 455-488, July.
- Günther Schulze & Anselm Rose, 1998. "Public Orchestra Funding in Germany – An Empirical Investigation," Journal of Cultural Economics, Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 22(4), pages 227-247, December.
- Hohaus, Bolko & Konrad, Kai A. & Thum, Marcel, 1994. "Too much conformity? : A hotelling model of local public goods supply," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 295-299.
- Blaug, Mark, 2001. " Where Are We Now on Cultural Economics?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(2), pages 123-143, April.
- Bos, Dieter & Genser, Bernd & Holzmann, Robert, 1982. "On the Quality of Publicly Supplied Goods," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 49(195), pages 289-296, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kristien Werck & Bruno Heyndels & Benny Geys, 2008.
"The impact of ‘central places’ on spatial spending patterns: evidence from Flemish local government cultural expenditures,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 32(1), pages 35-58, March.
- Werck, Kristien & Heyndels, Bruno & Geys, Benny, 2007.
"The impact of central places on spatial spending patterns: evidence from Flemish local government cultural expenditures
[Der Einfluss ‘Zentraler Orte’ auf räumliche Ausgabenmuster: eine empirische ," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Processes and Governance SP II 2007-10, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Werck, Kristien & Heyndels, Bruno & Geys, Benny, 2007. "The impact of central places on spatial spending patterns: evidence from Flemish local government cultural expenditures
More about this item
KeywordsPerforming Arts; Local Public Goods; Quality; Spatial Competition; Bounded Rationality;
- Z10 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - General
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- R59 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-08-05 (All new papers)
- NEP-CUL-2006-08-05 (Cultural Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2006-08-05 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-PBE-2006-08-05 (Public Economics)
- NEP-URE-2006-08-05 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:zbw:cauewp:3830. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (ZBW - German National Library of Economics). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vakiede.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.