Foreign Direct Investment into Open and Closed Cities
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Kristof Dascher, 2015. "Foreign Direct Investment into Open and Closed Cities," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 62(2), pages 191-210, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Javorcik, Beata S. & Özden, Çaglar & Spatareanu, Mariana & Neagu, Cristina, 2011.
"Migrant networks and foreign direct investment,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 231-241, March.
- Javorcik, Beata S. & Ozden, Caglar & Spatareanu, Mariana & Neagu, Cristina, 2006. "Migrant networks and foreign direct investment," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4046, The World Bank.
- Beata S. Javorcik & Çaglar Özden & Mariana Spatareanu & Cristina Neagu, 2006. "Migrant Networks and Foreign Direct Investment," Working Papers Rutgers University, Newark 2006-003, Department of Economics, Rutgers University, Newark.
- Fujita,Masahisa, 1991. "Urban Economic Theory," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521396455.
- Bruce A. Blonigen & Jeremy Piger, 2014. "Determinants of foreign direct investment," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 47(3), pages 775-812, August.
- Shigemi Yabuuchi, 1999. "Foreign direct investment, urban unemployment and welfare," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(4), pages 359-371.
- Yoshitsugu Kanemoto, 1980. "A Note on the Measurement of Benefits of Public Inputs," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 13(1), pages 135-142, February.
- Kugler, Maurice & Rapoport, Hillel, 2005.
"Skilled emigration, business networks and foreign direct investment,"
Discussion Paper Series In Economics And Econometrics
503, Economics Division, School of Social Sciences, University of Southampton.
- Maurice Kugler & Hillel Rapoport, 2005. "Skilled Emigration, Business Networks and Foreign Direct Investment," CESifo Working Paper Series 1455, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dierk Herzer, 2012.
"How Does Foreign Direct Investment Really Affect Developing Countries' Growth?,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(2), pages 396-414, May.
- Dierk Herzer, 2010. "How does foreign direct investment really affect developing countries` growth?," Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers 207, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- John M. Hartwick, 1993. "Capitalization of Productivity Growth in Urban Land Rent," Working Papers 875, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Corden, W Max & Neary, J Peter, 1982. "Booming Sector and De-Industrialisation in a Small Open Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 825-848, December.
- Fung, Michael Ka-yiu & Zeng, Jinli & Zhu, Lijing, 1999. "Foreign Capital, Urban Unemployment, and Economic Growth," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(4), pages 651-664, November.
- Barry, Frank, 2002. "Foreign Direct Investment, Infrastructure and the Welfare Effects of Labour Migration," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 70(3), pages 364-379, June.
- J. Peter Neary, 1995. "Factor Mobility and International Trade," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(s1), pages 4-23, November.
- Guimaraes, Paulo & Figueiredo, Octavio & Woodward, Douglas, 2000. "Agglomeration and the Location of Foreign Direct Investment in Portugal," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(1), pages 115-135, January.
- Bartel, Ann P, 1989. "Where Do the New U.S. Immigrants Live?," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 7(4), pages 371-391, October.
More about this item
KeywordsForeign Direct Investment; Open City; Immigration; Urban Rent;
- F11 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Neoclassical Models of Trade
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-08-31 (All new papers)
- NEP-MIG-2013-08-31 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-SEA-2013-08-31 (South East Asia)
- NEP-URE-2013-08-31 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:49197. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .