Trade, FDI and Congestion: the Small and Very Open Economy
Typically, a small and open economy trades goods at given worl prices. Here, we present a model of a very open small economy, where capital and labor are internationally mobile, too. When targeting mobile capital ("FDI"), the economy's government attracts not only mobile capital but mobile labor, also. The paper also asks whether these results carry over to other very open small economies, or, regions.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|Date of creation:||2000|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Fax: +353-1-283 0068
Web page: http://www.ucd.ie/economics/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Kanemoto, Yoshitsugu, 1988.
"Hedonic Prices and the Benefits of Public Projects,"
Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 981-89, July.
- Yoshitsugu Kanemoto, 1985. "Hedonic Prices and the Benefits of Public Projects," Working Papers 617, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Holger Görg & Frances Ruane, 1997. "Reflections on Irish Industrial Policy towards Foreign Direct Investment," Economics Policy Papers 973, Trinity College Dublin, Department of Economics.
- Maurice J. Roche, 1999. "Irish House Prices - Will the Roof Cave In?," The Economic and Social Review, Economic and Social Studies, vol. 30(4), pages 343-362.
- John M. Hartwick, 1993. "Capitalization of Productivity Growth in Urban Land Rent," Working Papers 875, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- J.P. Neary, 1995.
"Factor Mobility and International Trade,"
CEP Discussion Papers
dp0248, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Maurice J. Roche, 1999. "Irish house prices: will the roof fall in?," Economics, Finance and Accounting Department Working Paper Series n890699, Department of Economics, Finance and Accounting, National University of Ireland - Maynooth.
- Corden, W Max & Neary, J Peter, 1982. "Booming Sector and De-Industrialisation in a Small Open Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 825-48, December.
- John FitzGerald & Ide Kearney, 1999. "Migration and the Irish Labour Market," Papers WP113, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Starrett, David A, 1981. "Land Value Capitalization in Local Public Finance," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 306-27, April.
- Yoshitsugu Kanemoto, 1980. "A Note on the Measurement of Benefits of Public Inputs," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 13(1), pages 135-42, February.
- Roback, Jennifer, 1982. "Wages, Rents, and the Quality of Life," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(6), pages 1257-78, December.
- John FitzGerald, 1999. "Understanding Ireland's Economic Success," Papers WP111, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fth:dublec:00/09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Thomas Krichel)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.