How does foreign direct investment really affect developing countries` growth?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dierk Herzer, 2012. "How Does Foreign Direct Investment Really Affect Developing Countries' Growth?," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 20(2), pages 396-414, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nair-Reichert, Usha & Weinhold, Diana, 2001. " Causality Tests for Cross-Country Panels: A New Look at FDI and Economic Growth in Developing Countries," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 63(2), pages 153-171, May.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Robert E. Lipsey & Mario Zejan, 1992. "What Explains Developing Country Growth?," NBER Working Papers 4132, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Haddad, Mona & Harrison, Ann, 1993. "Are there positive spillovers from direct foreign investment? : Evidence from panel data for Morocco," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 51-74, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Martijn J. Burger & Elena I. Ianchovichina, 2017.
"Surges and stops in greenfield and M&A FDI flows to developing countries: analysis by mode of entry,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv),
Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 153(2), pages 411-432, May.
- Burger, Martijn J. & Ianchovichina, Elena I., 2014. "Surges and stops in FDI flows to developing countries : does the mode of entry make a difference ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6771, The World Bank.
- Kose,Ayhan & Ohnsorge,Franziska Lieselotte & Ye,Lei Sandy & Islamaj,Ergys, 2017.
"Weakness in investment growth : causes, implications and policy responses,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
7990, The World Bank.
- Islamaj, Ergys & Kose, Ayhan & Ohnsorge, Franziska & Ye, Lei Sandy, 2017. "Weakness in Investment Growth: Causes, Implications and Policy Responses," CEPR Discussion Papers 11886, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Franziska Ohnsorge & Lei Sandy Ye & Ergys Islamaj, 2017. "Weakness in investment growth: Causes, implications and policy responses," CAMA Working Papers 2017-19, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- M. Ayhan Kose & Franziska Ohnsorge & Lei Sandy Ye & Ergys Islamaj, 2017. "Weakness in Investment Growth: Causes, Implications and Policy Responses," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1707, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Kristof Dascher, 2015.
"Foreign Direct Investment into Open and Closed Cities,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 62(2), pages 191-210, May.
- Dascher, Kristof, 2013. "Foreign Direct Investment into Open and Closed Cities," MPRA Paper 49197, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Antoci, Angelo & Borghesi, Simone & Russu, Paolo & Ticci, Elisa, 2015. "Foreign direct investments, environmental externalities and capital segmentation in a rural economy," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 341-353.
- Ashraf, Ayesha & Herzer, Dierk & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2014.
"The effects of Greenfield FDI and cross-border M&As on total factor productivity,"
Kiel Working Papers
1941, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Ashraf, Ayesha & Herzer, Dierk & Nunnenkamp, Peter, 2014. "The Effects of Greenfield FDI and Cross-border M&As on Total Factor Productivity," MPRA Paper 65060, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 Mar 2015.
- Yang, Yong & Mallick, Sushanta, 2014. "Explaining cross-country differences in exporting performance: The role of country-level macroeconomic environment," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 246-259.
- Herzer, Dierk, 2015. "The long-run effect of foreign direct investment on total factor productivity in developing countries: A panel cointegration analysis," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 112827, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Schwab, Jakob, 2013. "Throwing the Spanner in the Works: The Mixed Blessing of FDI," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 80020, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Mouna Gammoudi & Mondher Cherif & Simplice Asongu, 2016.
"FDI and Growth in the MENA countries: Are the GCC countries Different?,"
16/015, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Gammoudi, Mouna & Cherif, Mondher & Asongu, Simplice A, 2016. "FDI and Growth in the MENA countries: Are the GCC countries Different?," MPRA Paper 74227, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Julen Berasaluce & José Romero, 2017. "Economic growth and the external sector: Evidence from Korea, lessons for Mexico," Estudios Económicos, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos, vol. 32(1), pages 95-131.
- Bastian Gawellek & Jingjing Lyu & Bernd Süssmuth, 2016. "Did Chinese Outward Activity Attenuate or Aggravate the Great Recession in Developing Countries?," CESifo Working Paper Series 5735, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:bla:worlde:v:39:y:2016:i:11:p:1728-1755 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shima'a Hanafy, 2015. "Sectoral FDI and Economic Growth — Evidence from Egyptian Governorates," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201537, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Dorożyński Tomasz & Urbaniak Wojciech & Świerkocki Janusz, 2015. "The Location Premises Of FDI In Poland. The Case Of The Lodz Province / Przesłanki Lokalizacji Biz w Polsce. Przykład Regionu Łódzkiego," Comparative Economic Research, De Gruyter Open, vol. 18(4), pages 157-178, December.
- Donny Tang, 2015. "Has the European Financial Integration Promoted the Economic Growth Among the New European Union Countries?," Research in Economics and Business: Central and Eastern Europe, Tallinn School of Economics and Business Administration, Tallinn University of Technology, vol. 7(1).
- Alessia A. Amighini & Margaret S. McMillan & Marco Sanfilippo, 2017. "FDI and Capital Formation in Developing Economies: New Evidence from Industry-level Data," NBER Working Papers 23049, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
More about this item
KeywordsFDI; Growth; Developing countries; Panel cointegration; General-to-specific approach;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F43 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - Economic Growth of Open Economies
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:got:iaidps:207. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sabine Jaep). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ibgoede.html .