Indigenous R&D Effectiveness and Technology Transfer on Productivity Growth: Evidence from the Hi-Tech Industry of China
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Sjoholm, Fredrik, 1999.
"Technology transfer and spillovers: Does local participation with multinationals matter?1,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 43(4-6), pages 915-923, April.
- Blomström, Magnus & Sjöholm, Fredrik, 1998. "Technology Transfer and Spillovers: Does Local Participation with Multinationals Matter?," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 268, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Blomström, Magnus & Sjöholm, Fredrik, 1998. "Technology, Transfer and Spillovers: Does Local Participation With Multinationals Matter?," CEPR Discussion Papers 2048, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Fredrik Sjoholm, 1998. "Technology Transfer and Spillovers? Does Local Participation with Multinationals Matter?," NBER Working Papers 6816, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hashimoto, Akihiro & Haneda, Shoko, 2008. "Measuring the change in R&D efficiency of the Japanese pharmaceutical industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1829-1836, December.
- Anthony N. Rezitis, 2006.
"Productivity growth in the Greek banking industry: A non-parametric approach,"
Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 9, pages 119-138, May.
- Anthony N. Rezitis, 2006. "Productivity Growth in the Greek Banking Industry: A Non-Parametric Approach," Journal of Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 9(1), pages 119-138, May.
- McDonald, John F & Moffitt, Robert A, 1980. "The Uses of Tobit Analysis," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 62(2), pages 318-321, May.
- Zvi Griliches, 1960. "Measuring Inputs in Agriculture: A Critical Survey," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 42(5), pages 1411-1427.
- Lei Zhu & Bang Nam Jeon, 2007. "International R&D Spillovers: Trade, FDI, and Information Technology as Spillover Channels," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(5), pages 955-976, November.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Seema Sharma & V. J. Thomas, 2008. "Inter-country R&D efficiency analysis: An application of data envelopment analysis," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 76(3), pages 483-501, September.
- John W. Kendrick, 1973. "Postwar Productivity Trends in the United States, 1948–1969," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number kend73-1, May.
- Dirk Pilat & Paul Schreyer, 2003. "Measuring productivity," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2001(2), pages 127-170.
- John W. Kendrick, 1976. "The Formation and Stocks of Total Capital," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number kend76-1, May.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Bwalya, Samuel Mulenga, 2006. "Foreign direct investment and technology spillovers: Evidence from panel data analysis of manufacturing firms in Zambia," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 81(2), pages 514-526, December.
- Liu, Xielin & White, Steven, 2001. "Comparing innovation systems: a framework and application to China's transitional context," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(7), pages 1091-1114, August.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jianping Liu & Kai Lu & Shixiong Cheng, 2018. "International R&D Spillovers and Innovation Efficiency," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(11), pages 1-23, October.
- Malcolm Abbott, 2018. "Productivity: a history of its measurement," HISTORY OF ECONOMIC THOUGHT AND POLICY, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2018(1), pages 57-80.
- Jung Ho Park & Kwangsoo Shin, 2018. "Efficiency of Government-Sponsored R&D Projects: A Metafrontier DEA Approach," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(7), pages 1-17, July.
- Duk Hee Lee & Il Won Seo & Ho Chull Choe & Hee Dae Kim, 2012. "Collaboration network patterns and research performance: the case of Korean public research institutions," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 91(3), pages 925-942, June.
- Yang, Shang-Ho & Burdine, Kenneth H. & Hu, Wu-Yueh, 2016. "An Alternative Approach to Estimate the Economic Loss of Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea (PED) via Data Envelopment Analysis: The Case in Taiwan," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235574, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Fadzlan Sufian & Muhd-Zulkhibri Abdul Majid, 2008. "Bank Ownership, Characteristics, and Performance:A Comparative Analysis of Domestic and Foreign Islamic Banks in Malaysia ملكية المصرف، الخصائص والأداء:تحليل مقارن لمصارف إسلامية محلية وأجنبية بماليزي," Journal of King Abdulaziz University: Islamic Economics, King Abdulaziz University, Islamic Economics Institute., vol. 21(2), pages 3-36, July.
- M. Foddi & S. Usai, 2012. "Regional innovation performance in Europe," Working Paper CRENoS 201221, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Ibrahim Alnafrah, 2021. "Efficiency evaluation of BRICS’s national innovation systems based on bias-corrected network data envelopment analysis," Journal of Innovation and Entrepreneurship, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 1-28, December.
- Burki, Abid A. & Terrell, Dek, 1998. "Measuring production efficiency of small firms in Pakistan," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(1), pages 155-169, January.
- Emilios Galariotis & Kyriaki Kosmidou & Dimitrios Kousenidis & Eirini Lazaridou & Trifon Papapanagiotou, 0. "Measuring the effects of M&As on Eurozone bank efficiency: an innovative approach on concentration and credibility impacts," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-26.
- Fotios Pasiouras & Aggeliki Liadaki & Constantin Zopounidis, 2008. "Bank efficiency and share performance: evidence from Greece," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(14), pages 1121-1130.
- Suchul Lee & Jong-yi Hong, 2019. "Analyzing the change in knowledge sharing efficiency of knowledge networks: a case study," Information Technology and Management, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 41-53, March.
- Sufian, Fadzlan & Abdul Majid, Muhamed Zulkhibri, 2007. "Bank Ownership, Characteristics and Performance: A Comparative Analysis of Domestic and Foreign Islamic Banks in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 12131, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Jun 2007.
- Chun, Dongphil & Hong, Sungjun & Chung, Yanghon & Woo, Chungwon & Seo, Hangyeol, 2016. "Influencing factors on hydrogen energy R&D projects: An ex-post performance evaluation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 1252-1258.
- Pasiouras, Fotios, 2008. "Estimating the technical and scale efficiency of Greek commercial banks: The impact of credit risk, off-balance sheet activities, and international operations," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 301-318, September.
- Sailesh Tanna & Fotios Pasiouras & Matthias Nnadi, 2011. "The Effect of Board Size and Composition on the Efficiency of UK Banks," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(3), pages 441-462, November.
- Jiancheng Guan & Kaihua Chen, 2010. "Modeling macro-R&D production frontier performance: an application to Chinese province-level R&D," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 82(1), pages 165-173, January.
- Hung, Chia-Liang, 2017. "Social networks, technology ties, and gatekeeper functionality: Implications for the performance management of R&D projects," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 305-315.
- Lee, Hyoungsuk & Choi, Yongrok & Seo, Hyungjun, 2020. "Comparative analysis of the R&D investment performance of Korean local governments," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 157(C).
- Martina Halaskova & Beata Gavurova & Kristina Kocisova, 2020. "Research and Development Efficiency in Public and Private Sectors: An Empirical Analysis of EU Countries by Using DEA Methodology," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(17), pages 1-22, August.
More about this item
KeywordsProductivity Growth; DEA; Tobit Model;
All these keywords.
- C34 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2013-05-05 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-EFF-2013-05-05 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-FDG-2013-05-05 (Financial Development & Growth)
- NEP-INO-2013-05-05 (Innovation)
- NEP-SBM-2013-05-05 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-TRA-2013-05-05 (Transition Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:46589. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Joachim Winter (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.