Measuring the change in R&D efficiency of the Japanese pharmaceutical industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Akihiro Hashimoto & Migaku Kodama, 1997. "Has Livability of Japan Gotten Better for 1956–1990?: a Dea Approach," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 40(3), pages 359-373, May.
- Hashimoto, Akihiro & Ishikawa, Hitoshi, 1993. "Using DEA to evaluate the state of society as measured by multiple social indicators," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 257-268, December.
- Cooper, W. W. & Kumbhakar, Subal & Thrall, Robert M. & Yu, Xuelin, 1995. "DEA and stochastic frontier analyses of the 1978 Chinese economic reforms," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 85-112, June.
- Per Andersen & Niels Christian Petersen, 1993. "A Procedure for Ranking Efficient Units in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 39(10), pages 1261-1264, October.
- Geisler, E., 1995. "An integrated cost-performance model of research and development evaluation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 281-294, June.
- Odagiri, Hiroyuki & Murakami, Naoki, 1992. "Private and quasi-social rates of return on pharmaceutical R&D in Japan," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 335-345, August.
- Nasierowski, W. & Arcelus, F. J., 2003. "On the efficiency of national innovation systems," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 37(3), pages 215-234, September.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Shoko Haneda & Hiroyuki Odagiri, 1998. "Appropriation Of Returns From Technological Assets And The Values Of Patents And R&D In Japanese High-Tech Firms," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(4), pages 303-321.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barra, Cristian & Lagravinese, Raffaele & Zotti, Roberto, 2015. "Explaining (in)efficiency in higher education: a comparison of parametric and non-parametric analyses to rank universities," MPRA Paper 67119, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, Ping-Chuan & Hung, Shiu-Wan, 2016. "An actor-network perspective on evaluating the R&D linking efficiency of innovation ecosystems," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 303-312.
- repec:spr:scient:v:91:y:2012:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-011-0602-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:7:p:2316-:d:156219 is not listed on IDEAS
- Guan, Jiancheng & Chen, Kaihua, 2012. "Modeling the relative efficiency of national innovation systems," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 102-115.
- repec:spr:scient:v:94:y:2013:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-012-0811-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hung, Chia-Liang, 2017. "Social networks, technology ties, and gatekeeper functionality: Implications for the performance management of R&D projects," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(1), pages 305-315.
- repec:spr:scient:v:105:y:2015:i:3:d:10.1007_s11192-015-1764-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cruz-Cázares, Claudio & Bayona-Sáez, Cristina & García-Marco, Teresa, 2013. "You can’t manage right what you can’t measure well: Technological innovation efficiency," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(6), pages 1239-1250.
- Yang, Shang-Ho & Burdine, Kenneth H. & Hu, Wu-Yueh, 2016. "An Alternative Approach to Estimate the Economic Loss of Porcine Epidemic Diarrhea (PED) via Data Envelopment Analysis: The Case in Taiwan," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 235574, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Jiri Schwarz & Martin Stepanek, 2016. "Patents: A Means to Innovation or Strategic Ends?," Working Papers IES 2016/08, Charles University Prague, Faculty of Social Sciences, Institute of Economic Studies, revised Apr 2016.
- Wang, Qunwei & Hang, Ye & Sun, Licheng & Zhao, Zengyao, 2016. "Two-stage innovation efficiency of new energy enterprises in China: A non-radial DEA approach," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 112(C), pages 254-261.
- Halkos, George & Tzeremes, Nickolaos, 2011. "The effect of national culture on countries’ innovation efficiency," MPRA Paper 30100, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:rej:journl:v:19:y:2016:i:62:p:5-24 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ozgur Arslan-Ayaydin & Darold Barnum & Mehmet Baha Karan & Atilla Hakan Ozdemir, 2014. "How is Moral Hazard Related to Financing R&D and Innovations?," European Research Studies Journal, European Research Studies Journal, vol. 0(4), pages 111-131.
- Agasisti, Tommaso & Barra, Cristian & Zotti, Roberto, 2016.
"Evaluating the efficiency of Italian public universities (2008–2011) in presence of (unobserved) heterogeneity,"
Socio-Economic Planning Sciences,
Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 47-58.
- Tommaso Agasisti & Cristian Barra & Roberto Zotti, 2015. "Evaluating the efficiency of Italian public universities (2008-2011) in presence of (unobserved) heterogeneity," Working papers 34, Società Italiana di Economia Pubblica.
- Tsuneyoshi, Takao & Hashimoto, Akihiro & Haneda, Shoko, 2012. "Quantitative evaluation of nation stability," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 34(1), pages 132-154.
- Chun, Dongphil & Hong, Sungjun & Chung, Yanghon & Woo, Chungwon & Seo, Hangyeol, 2016. "Influencing factors on hydrogen energy R&D projects: An ex-post performance evaluation," Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 1252-1258.
- repec:spr:eujhec:v:18:y:2017:i:5:d:10.1007_s10198-016-0812-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Qazi, Ahmar Qasim & Zhao, Yulin, 2013. "Indigenous R&D Effectiveness and Technology Transfer on Productivity Growth: Evidence from the Hi-Tech Industry of China," MPRA Paper 46589, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yen-Hsien Lee & Ya-Ling Huang & Shiuh-Sheng Hsu & Chien-Han Hung, 2013. "Measuring the Efficiency and the Effect of Corporate Governance on the Biotechnology and Medical Equipment Industries in Taiwan," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 3(3), pages 662-672.
- repec:eee:soceps:v:62:y:2018:i:c:p:104-120 is not listed on IDEAS
- Hashimoto, Akihiro & Sugita, Takeshi & Haneda, Shoko, 2009. "Evaluating shifts in Japan's quality-of-life," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 263-273, December.
More about this item
KeywordsR&D efficiency change Data envelopment analysis Malmquist index Japanese pharmaceutical industry;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:37:y:2008:i:10:p:1829-1836. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.