The distance-based approach to the quantification of the world convergences and imbalances - comparisons across countries and factors
The paper presents a general empirical method of distance-based multifaceted systematic identifying of the positions of countries in relation to inequalities and imbalances. In order to understand the world economic relations in their entirety, we decided to analyze twelve most populous countries and eleven macroeconomic, environmental and demographic indicators relevant to them. Our analysis covering the period 1992-2008 attempts to identify core parts of the global economic system and countries that pose a potential risk of instability.
|Date of creation:||2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Matos, Pedro Verga & Faustino, Horácio C., 2012. "Beta-convergence and sigma-convergence in corporate governance in Europe," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2198-2204.
- V. Popov., 2013.
"Global Imbalances: An Unconventional View,"
N.P. Redaktsiya zhurnala "Voprosy Economiki", vol. 1.
- Gu, Jing & Humphrey, John & Messner, Dirk, 2008. "Global Governance and Developing Countries: The Implications of the Rise of China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 274-292, February.
- Ben-David, Dan, 1996.
"Trade and convergence among countries,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 40(3-4), pages 279-298, May.
- C. A. Hidalgo & B. Klinger & A. -L. Barabasi & R. Hausmann, 2007. "The Product Space Conditions the Development of Nations," Papers 0708.2090, arXiv.org.
- Michael Artis & Toshihiro Okubo, 2011.
"Does International Trade Really Lead To Business Cycle Synchronization?—A Panel Data Approach,"
University of Manchester, vol. 79(2), pages 318-332, 03.
- Michael Artis & Toshihiro Okubo, 2011. "Does International Trade Really Lead to Business Cycle Synchronization?-A panel data approach," Discussion Paper Series DP2011-05, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Gene M. Grossman & Alan B. Krueger, 1991.
"Environmental Impacts of a North American Free Trade Agreement,"
NBER Working Papers
3914, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, G.M & Krueger, A.B., 1991. "Environmental Impacts of a North American Free Trade Agreement," Papers 158, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Grossman, Gene & Krueger, Alan B, 1992. "Environmental Impacts of a North American Free Trade Agreement," CEPR Discussion Papers 644, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Makin Anthony J, 2008. "The Inflexible Yuan and Global Imbalances," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 8(3), pages 1-12, September.
- Richard N. Cooper, 2007. "Living with Global Imbalances," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 38(2), pages 91-110.
- Temitope W Oshikoya, 2008. "Nigeria in the Global Economy," Business Economics, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 43(1), pages 31-43, January.
- Allegret, Jean-Pierre & Essaadi, Essahbi, 2011.
"Business cycles synchronization in East Asian economy: Evidences from time-varying coherence study,"
Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 351-365, January.
- Allegret, Jean-Pierre & Essaadi, Essahbi, 2011. "Business cycles synchronization in East Asian economy: Evidences from time-varying coherence study," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 351-365.
- Slaughter, Matthew J., 2001. "Trade liberalization and per capita income convergence: a difference-in-differences analysis," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 203-228, October.
- Cesar A. Hidalgo & Ricardo Hausmann, 2009. "The Building Blocks of Economic Complexity," Papers 0909.3890, arXiv.org.
- Jobert, Thomas & Karanfil, Fatih & Tykhonenko, Anna, 2010. "Convergence of per capita carbon dioxide emissions in the EU: Legend or reality?," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(6), pages 1364-1373, November.
- Thierry Bracke & Matthieu Bussière & Michael Fidora & Roland Straub, 2008. "A framework for assessing global imbalances," Occasional Paper Series 78, European Central Bank.
- Ben-David, Dan, 2001. "Trade liberalization and income convergence: a comment," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(1), pages 229-234, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:45033. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.