The paradox of “preferences”: regional trade agreements and trade costs in services
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sébastien Miroudot & Ben Shepherd, 2014. "The Paradox of ‘Preferences’: Regional Trade Agreements and Trade Costs in Services," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(12), pages 1751-1772, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fink, Carsten & Nikomborirak, Deunden, 2007. "Rules of origin in services : a case study of five ASEAN countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4130, The World Bank.
- Thomas Chaney, 2008.
"Distorted Gravity: The Intensive and Extensive Margins of International Trade,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(4), pages 1707-1721, September.
- Thomas Chaney, 2008. "Distorted Gravity: The Intensive and Extensive Margins of International Trade," Sciences Po publications info:hdl:2441/6apm7lruv08, Sciences Po.
- Marie-France Houde & Akshay Kolse-Patil & Sébastien Miroudot, 2007. "The Interaction between Investment and Services Chapters in Selected Regional trade Agreements," OECD Trade Policy Papers 55, OECD Publishing.
- Jörn Kleinert & Farid Toubal, 2010.
"Gravity for FDI,"
Review of International Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 1-13, February.
- Kleinert, Jörn & Toubal, Farid, 2005. "Gravity for FDI," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 46, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Kleinert, Jörn & Toubal, Farid, 2007. "Gravity for FDI," Tübinger Diskussionsbeiträge 313, University of Tübingen, School of Business and Economics.
- Caroline Freund, 2010. "Third‐country Effects of Regional Trade Agreements," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(11), pages 1589-1605, November.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2003.
"Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 93(1), pages 170-192, March.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2000. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 485, Boston College Department of Economics.
- James E. Anderson & Eric van Wincoop, 2001. "Gravity with Gravitas: A Solution to the Border Puzzle," NBER Working Papers 8079, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pomfret, Richard & Sourdin, Patricia, 2009. "Have Asian trade agreements reduced trade costs?," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 255-268, May.
- Dennis Novy, 2013.
"Gravity Redux: Measuring International Trade Costs With Panel Data,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(1), pages 101-121, January.
- Novy, Dennis, 2008. "Gravity Redux : Measuring International Trade Costs with Panel Data," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 861, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Dennis Novy, 2012. "Gravity Redux: Measuring International Trade Costs with Panel Data," CEP Discussion Papers dp1114, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Novy, Dennis, 2013. "Gravity redux: measuring international trade costs with panel data," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59308, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Dennis Novy, 2011. "Gravity Redux: Measuring International Trade Costs with Panel Data," CESifo Working Paper Series 3616, CESifo Group Munich.
- Christian Gormsen, 2012.
"The Declining barriers to Foreign Direct Investments and how to see them,"
Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne
12015, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Christian Gormsen, 2012. "The Declining Barriers to Foreign Direct Investments and How to See Them," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00676508, HAL.
- Jean-Pierre Chauffour & Jean-Christophe Maur, 2011. "Preferential Trade Agreement Policies for Development : A Handbook," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2329, January.
- Keith Walsh, 2006. "Trade in Services: Does Gravity Hold? A Gravity Model Approach to Estimating Barriers to Services Trade," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp183, IIIS.
- Cecília Hornok, 2011.
"Gravity or Dummies? The Limits of Identification in Gravity Estimations,"
CeFiG Working Papers
15, Center for Firms in the Global Economy, revised 26 Sep 2011.
- Cecília Hornok, 2012. "Gravity or Dummies? The Limits of Identification in Gravity Estimations," CEU Working Papers 2012_11, Department of Economics, Central European University, revised 20 May 2012.
- Miroudot, Sébastien & Sauvage, Jehan & Shepherd, Ben, 2012. "Trade costs and productivity in services sectors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 114(1), pages 36-38.
- Sauvé, Pierre & Shingal, Anirudh, 2011.
"Reflections on the Preferential Liberalization of Services Trade,"
146, World Trade Institute.
- Shingal, Anirudh & Sauvé, Pierre, 2011. "Reflections on the Preferential Liberalization of Services Trade," MPRA Paper 32816, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sébastien Miroudot & Jehan Sauvage & Marie Sudreau, 2010. "Multilateralising Regionalism: How Preferential Are Services Commitments in Regional Trade Agreements?," OECD Trade Policy Papers 106, OECD Publishing.
- Fink, Carsten & Molinuevo, Martín, 2008. "East Asian preferential trade agreements in services: liberalization content and WTO rules," World Trade Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(04), pages 641-673, October.
- Bergstrand, Jeffrey H. & Egger, Peter, 2007. "A knowledge-and-physical-capital model of international trade flows, foreign direct investment, and multinational enterprises," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 278-308, November.
- Head, Keith & Ries, John, 2008. "FDI as an outcome of the market for corporate control: Theory and evidence," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 74(1), pages 2-20, January.
- Adlung, Rudolf & Miroudot, Sébastien, 2012. "Poison in the wine? Tracing GATS-minus commitments in regional trade agreements," WTO Staff Working Papers ERSD-2012-04, World Trade Organization (WTO), Economic Research and Statistics Division.
- Nuno Limao, 2006. "Preferential Trade Agreements as Stumbling Blocks for Multilateral Trade Liberalization: Evidence for the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(3), pages 896-914, June.
- Jonathan Eaton & Samuel Kortum, 2002. "Technology, Geography, and Trade," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 70(5), pages 1741-1779, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:eb-17-00999 is not listed on IDEAS
- Shandre Mugan Thangavelu & Wang Wenxiao & Sothea Oum, 2017. "Servicification in Global Value Chains: The Case of Asian Countries," Working Papers DP-2017-12, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Messerlin, Patrick, 2015. "The Services Dimension of TTIP," CEPS Papers 10550, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Bernard Hoekman, 2014.
"Sustaining multilateral trade cooperation in a multipolar world economy,"
The Review of International Organizations,
Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 241-260, June.
- Bernard Hoekman, 2013. "Sustaining Multilateral Trade Cooperation in a Multipolar World Economy," RSCAS Working Papers 2013/86, European University Institute.
- repec:eee:jeeman:v:88:y:2018:i:c:p:95-113 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patrick Messerlin, 2014. "Negotiating Mega-Agreements: Lessons from the EU," EUI-RSCAS Working Papers p0411, European University Institute (EUI), Robert Schuman Centre of Advanced Studies (RSCAS).
- Andrea Goldstein & Alessia Amighini & Bernard Hoekman, 2016. "Revitalizing the Global Trading System: What Could the G20 Do?," China & World Economy, Institute of World Economics and Politics, Chinese Academy of Social Sciences, vol. 24(4), pages 34-54, July.
- Woori Lee, 2017. "Services liberalization and GVC participation: New evidence for heterogeneous effects by income level and provisions," CTEI Working Papers series 08-2017, Centre for Trade and Economic Integration, The Graduate Institute.
- Patrick Messerlin, 2014. "Negotiating Mega-Agreements: Lessons from the EU," RSCAS Working Papers 2014/112, European University Institute.
- Holladay, J. Scott & Mohsin, Mohammed & Pradhan, Shreekar, 2018.
"Emissions leakage, environmental policy and trade frictions,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 95-113.
- J. Scott Holladay & Mohammed Mohsin & Shreekar Pradhan, 2017. "Emissions Leakage, Environmental Policy and Trade Frictions," Working Papers 2017-07, University of Tennessee, Department of Economics.
More about this item
KeywordsTrade policy; Trade in services; Regional trade agreements; services trade liberalization;
- F15 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Economic Integration
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41090. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .