Risk Sharing in the Middle East and North Africa: The Role of Remittances and Factor Incomes
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Faruk Balli & Syed Abul Basherz & Rosmy Jean Louis, 2012. "Risk Sharing in the Middle East and North Africa: The Role of Remittances and Factor Incomes," CAMA Working Papers 2012-39, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pierfederico Asdrubali & Bent E. Sørensen & Oved Yosha, 1996. "Channels of Interstate Risk Sharing: United States 1963–1990," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 111(4), pages 1081-1110.
- David Antonio C., 2011.
"How do International Financial Flows to Developing Countries Respond to Natural Disasters?,"
Global Economy Journal,
De Gruyter, vol. 11(4), pages 1-38, December.
- Antonio David, 2010. "How do International Financial Flows to Developing Countries Respond to Natural Disasters?," IMF Working Papers 10/166, International Monetary Fund.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James & Thaicharoen, Yunyong, 2003.
"Institutional causes, macroeconomic symptoms: volatility, crises and growth,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 50(1), pages 49-123, January.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James Robinson & Yunyong Thaicharoen, 2002. "Institutional Causes, Macroeconomic Symptoms: Volatility, Crises and Growth," NBER Working Papers 9124, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James A & Thaicharoen, Yunyong, 2002. "Institutional Causes, Macroeconomic Symptoms: Volatility, Crises and Growth," CEPR Discussion Papers 3575, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Becker, Sascha O. & Hoffmann, Mathias, 2006.
"Intra- and international risk-sharing in the short run and the long run,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 50(3), pages 777-806, April.
- Sascha Becker & Mathias Hoffmann & Sascha O. Becker, 2003. "Intra-and International Risk-Sharing in the Short Run and the Long Run," CESifo Working Paper Series 1111, CESifo.
- Fratzscher, Marcel & Imbs, Jean, 2009.
"Risk sharing, finance, and institutions in international portfolios,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 94(3), pages 428-447, December.
- Fratzscher, Marcel & Imbs, Jean, 2007. "Risk sharing, finance and institutions in international portfolios," Working Paper Series 826, European Central Bank.
- Fratzscher, Marcel & Imbs, Jean, 2007. "Risk Sharing, Finance and Institutions in International Portfolios," CEPR Discussion Papers 6496, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Demyanyk, Yuliya & Volosovych, Vadym, 2008.
"Gains from financial integration in the European Union: Evidence for new and old members,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 277-294, March.
- Yuliya Demyanyk & Vadym Volosovych, 2006. "Gains from Financial Integration in the European Union: Evidence for New and Old Members," Working Papers 06009, Department of Economics, College of Business, Florida Atlantic University, revised Aug 2007.
- Yuliya Demyanyk & Vadym Volosovych, 2007. "Gains from financial integration in the European union: evidence for new and old members," Supervisory Policy Analysis Working Papers 2007-01, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, revised 2007.
- Bugamelli, Matteo & Paternò, Francesco, 2009.
"Do Workers' Remittances Reduce the Probability of Current Account Reversals?,"
Elsevier, vol. 37(12), pages 1821-1838, December.
- Bugamelli, Matteo & Paterno, Francesco, 2005. "Do workers'remittances reduce the probability of current account reversals ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3766, The World Bank.
- Matteo Bugamelli & Francesco Paternò, 2006. "Do Workers' Remittances Reduce the Probability of Current Account Reversals?," CEP Discussion Papers dp0714, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Bugamelli, Matteo & Paterno, Francesco, 2006. "Do workers' remittances reduce the probability of current account reversals?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 19872, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Backus, David K & Kehoe, Patrick J & Kydland, Finn E, 1992.
"International Real Business Cycles,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 100(4), pages 745-775, August.
- David K. Backus & Patrick J. Kehoe & Finn E. Kydland, 1987. "International real business cycles," Working Papers 426, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, revised 1987.
- David K. Backus & Patrick J. Kehoe & Finn E. Kydland, 1991. "International real business cycles," Staff Report 146, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Carlos Fonseca Marinheiro, 2003.
"Output Smoothing in EMU and OECD: Can We Forego Government Contribution? A Risk Sharing Approach,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
- Carlos Marinheiro, 2003. "Output Smoothing in EMU and OECD: Can We Forego Government Contribution? A risk sharing approach," GEMF Working Papers 2003-02, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Wincoop, Eric van, 1994. "Welfare gains from international risksharing," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(2), pages 175-200, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Balli, Faruk & Rana, Faisal, 2015. "Determinants of risk sharing through remittances," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 107-116.
- Faruk Balli & Faisal Rana, 2014. "Determinants of risk sharing through remittances: cross-country evidence," CAMA Working Papers 2014-12, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
More about this item
KeywordsMENA region; remittance transfer; risk sharing; welfare gain;
- I31 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - General Welfare, Well-Being
- E21 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Consumption, Saving, Production, Employment, and Investment - - - Consumption; Saving; Wealth
- F36 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Financial Aspects of Economic Integration
- E60 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Macroeconomic Policy, Macroeconomic Aspects of Public Finance, and General Outlook - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ARA-2012-08-23 (MENA - Middle East & North Africa)
- NEP-MIG-2012-08-23 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-OPM-2012-08-23 (Open Economy Macroeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40739. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.