Report NEP-ARA-2012-08-23This is the archive for NEP-ARA, a report on new working papers in the area of MENA - Middle East & North Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Halicioglu, Ferda, 2012. "An empirical study of relationship between FIFA world ranking and domestic football competition level: the case of Turkey," MPRA Paper 35662, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Altan Aldan & M. Faruk Aydin & Olcay Yucel Culha & Enes Sunel & Temel Taskin, 2012. "Ihracatta Bolgesel ve Sektorel Cesitlenme," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1218, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Balli, Faruk & Basher, Syed Abul & Jean Louis, Rosmy, 2012. "Risk Sharing in the Middle East and North Africa: The Role of Remittances and Factor Incomes," MPRA Paper 40739, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mahir Binici & Bulent Koksal, 2012. "Turkiye’de Asiri Kredi Genislemeleri," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1215, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- D. Yıldırım, Burcu & Coskun, Yener & Caglar, Ozan & Yıldırak, Kasırga, 2012. "How Dangerous is the Counterparty Risk of OTC Derivatives in Turkey?," MPRA Paper 40600, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Murat Ungor, 2012. "A Production Function Method of Estimating the Output Gap," CBT Research Notes in Economics 1219, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
- Ian W.H. Parry & John Norregaard & Dirk Heine, 2012. "Environmental Tax Reform; Principles from Theory and Practice to Date," IMF Working Papers 12/180, International Monetary Fund.
- Insan Tunali & Emre Ekinci & Berk Yavuzoglu, 2012. "Rescaled Additively Non-ignorable (RAN) Model of Attrition and Substitution," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1220, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Malorgio, Giulio & Grazia, Cristina, 2012. "Performance of South Mediterranean Countries export supply-chain on the European market: between competition and cooperation," 2012 XX Convegno Annuale SIEA, Siracusa 130459, Italian Society of Agri-food Economics/Società Italiana di Economia Agro-Alimentare (SIEA).
- Ianchovichina, Elena & Estache, Antonio & Foucart, Renaud & Garsous, Gregoire & Yepes, Tito, 2012. "Job creation through infrastructure investment in the Middle East and North Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6164, The World Bank.
- Elasrag, Hussein, 2012. "The developmental role of SMEs in the Arab countries," MPRA Paper 40608, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maystadt, Jean-FranÃ§ois & Trinh Tan, Jean-FranÃ§ois & Breisinger, Clemens, 2012. "Does Food Security Matter for Transition in Arab Countries?:," IFPRI discussion papers 1196, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Dyrnes, Inger, 2012. "Perspectives on human development theory in democracy promotion: A comparison of democracy promotion programmes in Egypt through the lenses of classical and revised modernisation theory," MERIT Working Papers 045, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Alakbarov, Naib, 2012. "Estimating the Effect of Common Currencies on Trade: The Case Study of EU and Turkey," EconStor Preprints 60464, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Benner, Maximilian, 2011.
"Abu Dhabi und Dubai: Wirtschaftliche Entwicklung wie aus 1001 Nacht?
[Abu Dhabi and Dubai: Economic development as in Arabian Nights?]," MPRA Paper 40746, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Crescimanno, Maria & Galati, Antonino, 2012. "The intensity of agro-food trade between the countries of the Mediterranean basin," 2012 XX Convegno Annuale SIEA, Siracusa 130449, Italian Society of Agri-food Economics/Società Italiana di Economia Agro-Alimentare (SIEA).
- Tobias Lechtenfeld, 2012. "Why does piped water not reduce diarrhea for children? Evidence from urban Yemen," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 119, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Serhan Cevik & Katerina Teksoz, 2012. "Lost in Transmission? The Effectiveness of Monetary Policy Transmission Channels in the GCC Countries," IMF Working Papers 12/191, International Monetary Fund.
- Velez, Carlos E. & Al-Shawarby, Sherine & El-Laithy, Heba, 2012. "Equality of opportunity for children in Egypt, 2000-2009 : achievements and challenges," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6159, The World Bank.