Trust and Arena Size. Expectations, Trust, and Institutions Co-Evolving, and Their Critical Population and Group Sizes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thierry Pénard & Raphaël Suire & Sylvain Dejean, 2009. "Olson's paradox revisited : an empirical analysis of file-sharing behaviour in P2P file-sharing communities," Post-Print halshs-00401582, HAL.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997. "Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1251-1288.
- James W. Friedman, 1971. "A Non-cooperative Equilibrium for Supergames," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(1), pages 1-12.
- Masahiko Aoki, 2013.
"Endogenizing institutions and institutional changes,"
Chapters,in: Comparative Institutional Analysis, chapter 16, pages 267-297
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aoki, Masahiko, 2007. "Endogenizing institutions and institutional changes," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(01), pages 1-31, April.
- Harmsen-van Hout, Marjolein J.W. & Dellaert, Benedict G.C. & Herings, P. Jean-Jacques, 2008.
"Behavorial Effects in Individual Decisions of Network Formation,"
019, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Harmsen - van Hout, Marjolein J.W. & Dellaert, Benedict G.C. & Herings, P. Jean-Jacques, 2010. "Behavioral Effects in Individual Decisions of Network Formation: Complexity Reduces Payoff Orientation and Social Preferences," FCN Working Papers 5/2010, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Christoforou, Asimina, 2010. "Social capital and human development: an empirical investigation across European countries," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 191-214, June.
- Henrich, Joseph, 2004. "Cultural group selection, coevolutionary processes and large-scale cooperation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 3-35, January.
- Dunbar, R. I. M., 2011. "Constraints on the evolution of social institutions and their implications for information flow," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 345-371, September.
- Vittorio Pelligra, 2011. "Intentions, Trust and Frames: A Note on Sociality and the Theory of Games," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 69(2), pages 163-188.
- Veblen, Thorstein, 1899. "The Theory of the Leisure Class," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number veblen1899.
- Catherine Tucker, 2008. "Social Interactions, Network Fluidity and Network Effects," Working Papers 08-30, NET Institute.
- Werner Güth & Hartmut Kliemt, 2010. "(Un)Bounded Rationality in Decision Making and Game Theory – Back to Square One?," Games, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Elsner, Wolfram & Heinrich, Torsten, 2009. "A simple theory of 'meso'. On the co-evolution of institutions and platform size--With an application to varieties of capitalism and 'medium-sized' countries," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 843-858, October.
- Till Grune-Yanoff & Paul Schweinzer, 2008. "The roles of stories in applying game theory," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 131-146.
- Rose, David C., 2014. "The Moral Foundation of Economic Behavior," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199360598.
- Lazaric Nathalie & Lorenz Edward, 1998. "Trust and Economic Learning," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 8(2-3), pages 1-10, June.
- Wolfram Elsner, 2012. "The Theory of Institutional Change Revisited: The Institutional Dichotomy, Its Dynamic, and Its Policy Implications in a More Formal Analysis," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(1), pages 1-44.
- Mailath, George J. & Samuelson, Larry, 2006. "Repeated Games and Reputations: Long-Run Relationships," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195300796.
- Binmore, Ken, 2011. "Natural Justice," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199791484.
- Geoffrey Hodgson & Kainan Huang, 2012. "Evolutionary game theory and evolutionary economics: are they different species?," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 345-366, April.
- Miki Malul & Mosi Rosenboim & Tal Shavit, 2010. "Costs of Mistrust between Ethnic Majority and Minorities: Evidence from Israel," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 68(4), pages 447-464.
- Friederike Mengel, 2009.
"Conformism and cooperation in a local interaction model,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 397-415, June.
- Mengel, Friederike, 2007. "Conformism and Cooperation in a Local Interaction Model," MPRA Paper 4051, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordscooperation; group size; habituation; trust;
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-EVO-2012-08-23 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2012-08-23 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40393. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.