Trust and Arena Size. Expectations, Trust, and Institutions Co-Evolving, and Their Critical Population and Group Sizes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Thierry Pénard & Raphaël Suire & Sylvain Dejean, 2009. "Olson's paradox revisited : an empirical analysis of file-sharing behaviour in P2P file-sharing communities," Post-Print halshs-00401582, HAL.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1997. "Does Social Capital Have an Economic Payoff? A Cross-Country Investigation," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(4), pages 1251-1288.
- James W. Friedman, 1971. "A Non-cooperative Equilibrium for Supergames," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(1), pages 1-12.
- Masahiko Aoki, 2013.
"Endogenizing institutions and institutional changes,"
Chapters,in: Comparative Institutional Analysis, chapter 16, pages 267-297
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Aoki, Masahiko, 2007. "Endogenizing institutions and institutional changes," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 3(01), pages 1-31, April.
- Harmsen-van Hout, Marjolein J.W. & Dellaert, Benedict G.C. & Herings, P. Jean-Jacques, 2008.
"Behavorial Effects in Individual Decisions of Network Formation,"
019, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Harmsen - van Hout, Marjolein J.W. & Dellaert, Benedict G.C. & Herings, P. Jean-Jacques, 2010. "Behavioral Effects in Individual Decisions of Network Formation: Complexity Reduces Payoff Orientation and Social Preferences," FCN Working Papers 5/2010, E.ON Energy Research Center, Future Energy Consumer Needs and Behavior (FCN).
- Christoforou, Asimina, 2010. "Social capital and human development: an empirical investigation across European countries," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 191-214, June.
- Vittorio Pelligra, 2011.
"Intentions, Trust and Frames: A Note on Sociality and the Theory of Games,"
Review of Social Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 69(2), pages 163-188.
- V. Pelligra, 2007. "Intentions, Trust and Frames: A note on Sociality and the Theory of Games," Working Paper CRENoS 200702, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Henrich, Joseph, 2004. "Cultural group selection, coevolutionary processes and large-scale cooperation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 3-35, January.
- Dunbar, R. I. M., 2011. "Constraints on the evolution of social institutions and their implications for information flow," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(03), pages 345-371, September.
- Veblen, Thorstein, 1899. "The Theory of the Leisure Class," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, number veblen1899.
- Catherine Tucker, 2008. "Social Interactions, Network Fluidity and Network Effects," Working Papers 08-30, NET Institute.
- Werner Güth & Hartmut Kliemt, 2010. "(Un)Bounded Rationality in Decision Making and Game Theory – Back to Square One?," Games, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 1(1), pages 1-13, March.
- Elsner, Wolfram & Heinrich, Torsten, 2009. "A simple theory of 'meso'. On the co-evolution of institutions and platform size--With an application to varieties of capitalism and 'medium-sized' countries," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 843-858, October.
- Till Grune-Yanoff & Paul Schweinzer, 2008. "The roles of stories in applying game theory," Journal of Economic Methodology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 131-146.
- Rose, David C., 2014. "The Moral Foundation of Economic Behavior," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199360598.
- Lazaric Nathalie & Lorenz Edward, 1998. "Trust and Economic Learning," Journal des Economistes et des Etudes Humaines, De Gruyter, vol. 8(2-3), pages 1-10, June.
- Wolfram Elsner, 2012. "The Theory of Institutional Change Revisited: The Institutional Dichotomy, Its Dynamic, and Its Policy Implications in a More Formal Analysis," Journal of Economic Issues, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(1), pages 1-44.
- Mailath, George J. & Samuelson, Larry, 2006. "Repeated Games and Reputations: Long-Run Relationships," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195300796.
- Binmore, Ken, 2011. "Natural Justice," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199791484.
- Geoffrey Hodgson & Kainan Huang, 2012. "Evolutionary game theory and evolutionary economics: are they different species?," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 345-366, April.
- Miki Malul & Mosi Rosenboim & Tal Shavit, 2010. "Costs of Mistrust between Ethnic Majority and Minorities: Evidence from Israel," Review of Social Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 68(4), pages 447-464.
- Friederike Mengel, 2009.
"Conformism and cooperation in a local interaction model,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 397-415, June.
- Mengel, Friederike, 2007. "Conformism and Cooperation in a Local Interaction Model," MPRA Paper 4051, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordscooperation; group size; habituation; trust;
- B52 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Historical; Institutional; Evolutionary
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- C73 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Stochastic and Dynamic Games; Evolutionary Games
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-08-23 (All new papers)
- NEP-EVO-2012-08-23 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2012-08-23 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:40393. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .